Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 29730 times)

Offline faithlilly

No Interview This Anniversary ?
« on: April 28, 2018, 03:38:26 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6156218/madeline-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-warned-not-talk-11th-anniversary-disappearance/

Odd story in so many ways.

Is it really believable that if asked not to the presenters of Loose Women would ask questions of the parents that they know may jeopardise an ongoing investigation?

The McCanns, if asked, could simply say that they cannot discuss the investigation, as they have before. How could that possibly jeopardise any ongoing enquiries?

As I said an odd article on so many levels.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:22:14 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »
i think in essence the McCanns have been advised not to "feed the trolls".  Personally, I wish they'd followed that advice years ago and retreated completely from public life, although I do understand their reasons for choosing an alternative course of action.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »
No direct thank you to OG in several years and now avoiding interviews where they will be asked to comment directly.

Things must be hotting up.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »
i think in essence the McCanns have been advised not to "feed the trolls".  Personally, I wish they'd followed that advice years ago and retreated completely from public life, although I do understand their reasons for choosing an alternative course of action.

Do you really think OG have the least interest in what is said online about the McCanns? How could it possibly impact on their investigation?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
Do you really think OG have the least interest in what is said online about the McCanns? How could it possibly impact on their investigation?
I think as internet hate crimes are a hot topic at the moment with more examples of successful prosecutions against trolls then yes I think the Met probably do think it's wise not to antagonise these people, even those who target the McCanns - why were they so cagey about how much had been awarded to OG this time if not to avoid the furious online onslaught?  There's always a danger that this fury might translate to direct action and I'm sure no one would want that, least of all the police.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »
No direct thank you to OG in several years and now avoiding interviews where they will be asked to comment directly.

Things must be hotting up.
How many dozens of times have we been at this point with things allegedly getting hot for the McCanns?  I lose track, but that clock has been ticking for a long time and the monkey's still not been catchee'd.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
I think as internet hate crimes are a hot topic at the moment with more examples of successful prosecutions against trolls then yes I think the Met probably do think it's wise not to antagonise these people, even those who target the McCanns - why were they so cagey about how much had been awarded to OG this time if not to avoid the furious online onslaught?  There's always a danger that this fury might translate to direct action and I'm sure no one would want that, least of all the police.

Why this year ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »
Why this year ?
Because 10 years more than enough.  Because the Met are reaching a critical point in the investigation and don't want anything said by the McCanns inadvertently to lead to unhelpful speculation or revelations.  But of course what you really want me to say is, the McCanns are about to be arrested and led back to Portugal in cuffs and that's why they have been forbidden to talk (though why the police would forbid them if they were the chief suspects, when it might be a perfect opportunity to observe them under pressure and they might actually say something self-incriminating and therefore helpful to their case is unclear).

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »
Because 10 years more than enough.  Because the Met are reaching a critical point in the investigation and don't want anything said by the McCanns inadvertently to lead to unhelpful speculation or revelations.  But of course what you really want me to say is, the McCanns are about to be arrested and led back to Portugal in cuffs and that's why they have been forbidden to talk (though why the police would forbid them if they were the chief suspects, when it might be a perfect opportunity to observe them under pressure and they might actually say something self-incriminating and therefore helpful to their case is unclear).

“We can’t comment on the investigation”. What could be easier than that ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 06:28:13 PM »
“We can’t comment on the investigation”. What could be easier than that ?
Nothing, that is true. but say the McCanns were the chief suspects and they knew it - going on past behaviour wouldn't they be rallying their defences and getting in a few pre-emptive strikes, like in 2007?  After all that's how you think they operate isn't it?  Are you disappointed not to be hearing from the McCanns this year?

Offline jassi

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »
McCanns might have been told to shut up but no doubt family friends will have something to say on their behalf.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 07:06:07 PM »
Nothing, that is true. but say the McCanns were the chief suspects and they knew it - going on past behaviour wouldn't they be rallying their defences and getting in a few pre-emptive strikes, like in 2007?  After all that's how you think they operate isn't it?  Are you disappointed not to be hearing from the McCanns this year?

The Met are a highly respected British police force who are well practiced in media management. The investigation is also being paid for by the British taxpayer. They are not the rather shellshocked PJ and the jingoistic agenda cannot be pushed.

Can you imagine the backlash if the McCanns started overtly criticizing OG ? All that money and they are still not happy. It would simply turn the remaining supportive public against them and instead of the sympathy bestowed on them in 2007 there would be only revulsion.

The McCanns are intelligent enough to know that the defence strategies they used against the PJ will not work against the Met and so they keep quiet.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »
The Met are a highly respected British police force who are well practiced in media management. The investigation is also being paid for by the British taxpayer. They are not the rather shellshocked PJ and the jingoistic agenda cannot be pushed.

Can you imagine the backlash if the McCanns started overtly criticizing OG ? All that money and they are still not happy. It would simply turn the remaining supportive public against them and instead of the sympathy bestowed on them in 2007 there would be only revulsion.

The McCanns are intelligent enough to know that the defence strategies they used against the PJ will not work against the Met and so they keep quiet.
Lots of the general public seem highly critical of Op Grange too, so strangely I can see lots of public support for the McCanns if they were to start expressing disappointment at the lack of progress, that the operation seemed to be focusing in the wrong direction, that they were not being kept in the loop, blah blah blah, they could even spearhead a call to have Operation Grange wound up on the basis that they have finally decided that she's not coming back and that enough public money has been spent with nothing to show for it.  Surely alot of people would agree, even if the McCanns aren't their favourite people?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:53 PM »
McCanns might have been told to shut up but no doubt family friends will have something to say on their behalf.
How did we get to know there will be no interview this year?  Did this come from OG or from the McCanns declining interviews?  Or was it from an interview with the McCanns?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:23:37 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
How did we get to know there will be no interview this year?  Did this come from OG or from the McCanns declining interviews?  Or was it from an interview with the McCanns?

'The Sun' printed information under the auspices of "The pal said:"  @)(++(* What's wrong with that?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....