Author Topic: Who would trust Bojo or Trump  (Read 79579 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Who would trust Bojo or Trump
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
I think the US has lost its way in the world.

It still believes in "manifest destiny". Having pulled it off with the Red Man Native American the US is now going for the world.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2016, 05:30:54 PM »
I wouldn't put her above criticism, either.

The issue seems to be trying to work out who is least likely to be a total disaster.

One is a career politician who has policies that guarantee war with Russia, & there being lots of dead people as a result.

The other is a businessman, with terrible hair, who doesn't want war, but he called a woman fat 20 years ago & has talked about groping p***y.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
I wouldn't put her above criticism, either.

The issue seems to be trying to work out who is least likely to be a total disaster.

Trump.
The machine will find it easier to bypass him if he tries anything too outrageous.
If she becomes president we have the spectre of UK being dragged into US wars based on their world wide poltical aims. In my lifetime only Harold Wilson stood up to them and it did us no harm.
When parliament voted against UK action in Syria in 2013 Philip Hammond said "....it would harm Britain's "special relationship" with Washington". That was after William Hague had been following Hillary all over the Middle East like some bleeding puppy saying  we should support those against Assad [ISIS]. Yeah good idea Drayman Bill.
We need to grasp there is no special relationship.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »
One is a career politician who has policies that guarantee war with Russia, & there being lots of dead people as a result.

The other is a businessman, with terrible hair, who doesn't want war, but he called a woman fat 20 years ago & has talked about groping p***y.

With what so far appears to be the potential diplomatic skills of a silver-backed gorilla...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
With what so far appears to be the potential diplomatic skills of a silver-backed gorilla...

Hitlery Clinton has described Putin as 'Like Hitler' said 'he has no soul' & called him 'The Grand Godfather of Right Wing Nationalism'......?

Offline Carana

« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »
Hitlery Clinton has described Putin as 'Like Hitler' said 'he has no soul' & called him 'The Grand Godfather of Right Wing Nationalism'......?

Is there any way of verifiying Trump's potential business connections to the Russian oligarchy?

Is there any legal reason why he won't release his tax records?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
"Do I have a problem when a sitting secretary of State and a foundation run by her husband collects many, many dollars from foreign governments — governments which are dictatorships?

"Yeah, I do have a problem with that. Yeah, I do,"

Bernie Sanders.  Democrat.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282261-sanders-clinton-foundation-engaged-in-conflicts-of
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:57:16 AM by John »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2016, 06:32:10 PM »
According to David Kilcullen in "The Blood Years" George Dubyah was an astute and canny operator once he had shut the doors on the TV cameras and the hacks.

Glad to agree.  He wasn't half daft.  And he sussed that he was basically irrelevant, which I think he thought was funny. 

If one actually listened to his boo boos there was a lot of wit therein.  Sadly, most people thought he was a fool so they didn't get it.

Alfie

« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2016, 06:33:19 PM »

"Do I have a problem when a sitting secretary of State and a foundation run by her husband collects many, many dollars from foreign governments — governments which are dictatorships?

"Yeah, I do have a problem with that. Yeah, I do,"

Bernie Sanders.  Democrat.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282261-sanders-clinton-foundation-engaged-in-conflicts-of

The Clinton Foundation, a nonprofit established by Bill Clinton to implement development programs in third-world countries, has received donations from countries including Saudi Arabia. The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the foundation between the time the foundation was created through 2014, according to Politifact, though it stopped giving when she was secretary of State.

So, Hitlery has not personally been funded by the Saudis.  Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »
The Clinton Foundation, a nonprofit established by Bill Clinton to implement development programs in third-world countries, has received donations from countries including Saudi Arabia. The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the foundation between the time the foundation was created through 2014, according to Politifact, though it stopped giving when she was secretary of State.

So, Hitlery has not personally been funded by the Saudis.  Thanks for clarifying.

Oh I see, so the Clinton Foundation, which Hillary Clinton chairs, along with her husband,  belongs to someone else then.

Silly me.

Alfie

« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
Oh I see, so the Clinton Foundation, which Hillary Clinton chairs, along with her husband,  belongs to someone else then.

Silly me.
Yes Silly you.  Is Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign being funded by the Saudis as you implied earlier - yes or no? 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »
Yes Silly you.  Is Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign being funded by the Saudis as you implied earlier - yes or no?

I said, 'Hitler-y Clinton gets Saudi money'

And she does.

Alfie

« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2016, 07:05:59 PM »
I said, 'Hitler-y Clinton gets Saudi money'

And she does.
What is this money used for?  And another question - does the Donald have any business interests with Saudi? 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »
"It's a way, effectively, to get around those campaign laws," noted Peter Schweizer, author of the extensively documented book "Clinton Cash," in a recent interview. "Hillary Clinton running for president in 2008, if you're a foreign oligarch, you can't give to her campaign, but you can have Bill Clinton give a 20-minute speech for half a million dollars, or you can make a $5 million donation to the Clinton Foundation, and you've got access every bit as much as if you had raised money for their political campaign. That's really what the Clintons have done."

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/george-soros-the-hillary-democrats-billionaire-puppetmaster/

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2016, 07:10:44 PM »
RedState is always "good for a laugh":

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/06/14/saudis-actually-funding-20-hillary-clintons-campaign/

I bet the Republican Party is really pissed off that the ultimate in republicans is the candidate for the Democratic Party.
A bit like young Anthony Blair when he was "best conservative candidate" at Beaconsfield all those years ago.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:14:13 PM by Alice Purjorick »