Author Topic: Why was Gonçalo Amaral taken off the Madeleine McCann case?  (Read 33504 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Why was Gonçalo Amaral taken off the Madeleine McCann case?
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 08:32:56 AM »
I feel quite sorry for those who support the McCanns sometimes. You have to cast doubt upon some witnesses, the Portuguese Police, the Irish police, the efficiency of cadaver dogs, the efficiency of cadaver dog handlers. the skills of English-Portuguese translators, the intelligence of those who don't agree with you......quite a list!

With regard to the dogs - it's not the handler - its  the misinformation  spread about them by those sceptics who persist in spouting the myth that because Eddie barked - someone MUST have died in 5a which I find objectional  - because according to the handler himself - that isn't true.

The problems encountered by translators  have been commented on by the translators themselves - who have included notes explaining the difficulties involved and why they were not able to make precise translations on occasions.

When I read comments from sceptics (mainly elsewhere thank goodness) who seriously believe that photos show that Madeleine may have had a prosthetic arm and that she wore wigs in many of the photos  - and read questions like 'what happened to the bloody footprint found outside the bedroom door? and a long thread claiming that Madeleine died way before the 3rd and was replaced by a trained clone of her for the rest of the week  - then yes I freely admit to questioning the intelligence of some sceptics.   And those examples are just a tiny percentage of the claims some sceptics actually believe -  in order to convince themselves that it was the McCanns wot dunnit.

As for the efficiency of some (but not all ) of the PJ Officers involved in this case -  then IMO the following comment by a member of the Portuguese judicial system says it all.

ANTONIO MARINHO PINTO: (translated) I’m convinced the McCann case will feature in Portuguese judicial history as a bad example. What a criminal investigation should not be.
Unquote

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
I feel quite sorry for those who support the McCanns sometimes. You have to cast doubt upon some witnesses, the Portuguese Police, the Irish police, the efficiency of cadaver dogs, the efficiency of cadaver dog handlers. the skills of English-Portuguese translators, the intelligence of those who don't agree with you......quite a list!

you need to start taking notice of your own signature and start questioning everything....not just those related to the mccanns.....it is giving you a very skewed idea of what is and isn't true

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »
what is the inconvenient truth for the sceptics is that SY and it seems the present PJ investigation believe the McCanns...the remit was drawn up by those who believed the McCanns.......and until someone comes up with something that causes me to believe they have taken part in one of the biggest lies of this century...then based on everything I have read re this case...... I believe them too

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »
See post 87.

It would seem that Sadie is unable to provide cites for her posts, although she asks others to provide them for theirs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2016, 09:35:53 AM »
I don't deal in myths Sadie, I read the files. You said that Mr Smith later said it wasn't Gerry. Could I have your cite for that please?

I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

This is a quote from the Times article (re- the efits) which resulted in the Times apologising to the McCann.

There was also an uncomfortable complication with Smith’s account. He had originally told the police that he had “recognised something” about the way Gerry McCann carried one of his children which reminded him of the man he had seen in Praia da Luz.

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects.
Unquote

This has previously been discussed at length.  I'm surprised you don't remember it G.   

IMO it should be noted that Martin Smith was always quick to threaten legal action against those who misrepresented him in the Press.   What the Times claimed above is a massive turnaround - and I do not believe that Martin Smith would have allowed it to stand if it was untrue. 

No retraction or apology was issued by the Times re their claim -  which common sense alone dictates is because Martin Smith did not consider he had been misrepresented on that occasion and so made no complaints.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

stephen25000

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
It would seem that Sadie is unable to provide cites for her posts, although she asks others to provide them for theirs.

Indeed, she has made a lot of claims, with no cites.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:11:14 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2016, 10:13:21 AM »
Indeed, she has made a lot of claims, with no cites.

With respect to Sadie, her refusal to accept that the two little girls photographed walking along a country road in Morocco are not Madeleine McCann and Joana Cipriano does little for her credibility.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Benice

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »
With respect to Sadie, her refusal to accept that the two little girls photographed walking along a country road in Morocco are not Madeleine McCann and Joana Cipriano does little for her credibility.

To single out one poster is very wrong IMO when it comes to the credibility stakes.

Claiming that anyone would decide to walk through the streets of Luz openly carrying an uncovered, undisguised dead body - at a time of night when pubs/clubs and restaurants were still open  - and so they could have no way of knowing beforehand who - or how many people  they might bump into or who would see them  - doesn't do much for the credibility of those who actually  believe that to be part of a cunning plan IMO.   

But then they are entitled to their opinion - just as the rest of us are - including Sadie.

stephen25000

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2016, 10:41:31 AM »

Likewise her references to the Illuminati, Knight Templar's, etc., etc. etc.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
Likewise her references to the Illuminati, Knight Templar's, etc., etc. etc.

have the illuminati been ruled out...according to you the answers no

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »

To single out one poster is very wrong IMO when it comes to the credibility stakes.

Claiming that anyone would decide to walk through the streets of Luz openly carrying an uncovered, undisguised dead body - at a time of night when pubs/clubs and restaurants were still open  - and so they could have no way of knowing beforehand who - or how many people  they might bump into or who would see them  - doesn't do much for the credibility of those who actually  believe that to be part of a cunning plan IMO.   

But then they are entitled to their opinion - just as the rest of us are - including Sadie.

My post included "with due respect to Sadie".  Offering opinion is all very well but in this case Sadie is totally wrong.  Do any supporters agree with her by the way??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
My post included "with due respect to Sadie".  Offering opinion is all very well but in this case Sadie is totally wrong.  Do any supporters agree with her by the way??

Good question.

Offline Benice

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:19 AM »

Your post was in reality devoid of any respect for Sadie IMO.

I don't agree with any of your opinions.   I think some of them are truly ridiculous.    Does that mean I can claim you have no credibility on this forum? 

stephen25000

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
Your post was in reality devoid of any respect for Sadie IMO.

I don't agree with any of your opinions.   I think some of them are truly ridiculous.    Does that mean I can claim you have no credibility on this forum?

As it is obvious you don't agree with Angelo, how about answering the question.

Do you believe in Sadie's theories ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2016, 11:43:41 AM »
As it is obvious you don't agree with Angelo, how about answering the question.

Do you believe in Sadie's theories ?

Some of Sadie's theories are not without merit.  And at least she has done some on the ground research.