Author Topic: The Joana Cipriano case revisited.  (Read 17863 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The Joana Cipriano case revisited.
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »
Where did they claim to have witnessed it?  That is what I want the cite for Davel.  I haven't seen anywhere, where it says this.

This had all been gone over before... The PJ claimed she had thrown herself down the stairs in the PJ offices... How would
They know if they had not witnessed it...

Goncalo Amaral was found guilty of false testimony because he upheld, under oath - five months after the 'events' - the version that he had been given by his subordinates, i.e. that Leonor Cipriano had been injured when she tried to commit suicide by throwing herself over the railing of the stairs inside the PJ building in Faro.
From the link already provided
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:25:19 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »
This had all been gone over before... The PJ claimed she had thrown herself down the stairs in the PJ offices... How would
They know if they had not witnessed it...

Someone told them?  Who is "they" by the way?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2018, 01:37:05 PM »
Someone told them?  Who is "they" by the way?

Who told them

Offline Sunny

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »
Who told them

You made the claim you back it up Davel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »
You made the claim you back it up Davel.

I already have

The defense’s version sustains that Leonor Cipriano confessed her will to commit suicide and that when she went to the toilet she threw herself off the stairs at the Polícia Judiciária in Faro.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:52:47 PM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »
Nothing those who advocate for the Cipriano's can say will ever change the fact that they killed Joana in what can only be seen as a despicable crime. Even before the murder Joana was abandoned to strangers to care for while the mother went off with various men.  It was only when Leandro Silva came latterly on the scene and took up with Leonora that the child attained some stability.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2018, 02:19:40 PM »
Nothing those who advocate for the Cipriano's can say will ever change the fact that they killed Joana in what can only be seen as a despicable crime. Even before the murder Joana was abandoned to strangers to care for while the mother went off with various men.  It was only when Leandro Silva came latterly on the scene and took up with Leonora that the child attained some stability.

I can say I think she is probably innocent.. And you haven't been able to give one piece of real evidence... Because there isn't any
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:23:15 PM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2018, 02:38:13 PM »
I can say I think she is probably innocent.. And you haven't been able to give one piece of real evidence... Because there isn't any

You can think whatever you like, it's your credibility at stake. I prefer to state the facts as recorded and they clearly show that she might not be guilty of murder but of a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and perjury.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:50:39 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
I already have

The defense’s version sustains that Leonor Cipriano confessed her will to commit suicide and that when she went to the toilet she threw herself off the stairs at the Polícia Judiciária in Faro.

Maybe she did for all we know.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
Why are you so convinced there has been no miscarriage of justice in this case?  Do you believe the evidence gathering and subsequent court case were above reproach?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2018, 03:16:08 PM »
It never ceases to amaze how much interest this case attracts on the forum simply because of Gonçalo Amaral's involvement.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
It never ceases to amaze how much interest this case attracts on the forum simply because of Gonçalo Amaral's involvement.
It has very little to do with his involvement and everything to do with the way the case was handled, evidence (not) gatherered and evaluated and the treatment of the suspects and trial.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2018, 03:54:39 PM »

Exactly John.     If it hadn't been for his involvement we would not be sitting here discussing this.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2018, 04:06:30 PM »
Exactly John.     If it hadn't been for his involvement we would not be sitting here discussing this.

Nor would anyone give a toss for the Ciprianos.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »
Nor would anyone give a toss for the Ciprianos.

We wouldn't have heard about them. I certainly don't give a toss about that murderous pair even now though.