Author Topic: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?  (Read 89072 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
It would make my life easier if you could provide cites for information quoted. However, I have got it now. It appears in the first judgement dated 27th April 2015, page 9.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

Now I understand why Gerry McCann wanted to talk about cadaver dogs when he gave his evidence. What I can't work out is who decided what the proven facts were and when they decided what they were. It seems to have happened in a hearing for which we don't have the transcript;

A preliminary hearing (in 5 sessions) occurred, during which was produced the generic preparatory dispatch that declared the plea valid and regular (3)

At the same hearing the undisputed facts were established and the instruction basis was structured, the complaint of the claimants being rejected.
Judgement dated 27th April 2007 page 6
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

i didnt give a source because i genuinely thought most posters were familiar with such an important point...waht i find interesting from your quote is....

At the same hearing the undisputed facts were established and the instruction basis was structured, the complaint of the claimants being rejected.

so did the mccanns oppose the points but their complaint was rejected

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
no we dont Rob
Would it be on the list of agreed facts if it wasn't?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
Would it be on the list of agreed facts if it wasn't?

if the mccanns objected and their rejection was overuled ..yes

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
Good work G-unit.  So we have to admit the McCanns accept there was cadaver odour detected in the apartment.  Why would they ever do that? It would make sense if they knew there had been a cadaver in the apartment at some stage.  That does not mean they accept that that cadaver was Madeleine.

We don't know if the McCanns and/or their lawyers were present at this 'preliminary hearing'. I have a suspicion that the various injunction hearings are what is being referred to.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »
We don't know if the McCanns and/or their lawyers were present at this 'preliminary hearing'. I have a suspicion that the various injunction hearings are what is being referred to.
So there is a list of facts that the parties agree to prior to the court case,  in writing is OK.  So they agree the dogs went through the apartment and they alerted to what they were trained to, and they accepted there had been a cadaver in the apartment.

I think it is vital especially in my theory they need to accept this as a fact.  For they can't claim there was another cadaver involved later if they didn't.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
So there is a list of facts that the parties agree to prior to the court case,  in writing is OK.  So they agree the dogs went through the apartment and they alerted to what they were trained to, and they accepted there had been a cadaver in the apartment.

I think it is vital especially in my theory they need to accept this as a fact.  For they can't claim there was another cadaver involved later if they didn't.

I dont think anything of what you are saying is true...Gerry said the dogs were unreliable

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »
I dont think anything of what you are saying is true...Gerry said the dogs were unreliable
What he says out of court could be different, but it is what he says/agrees in the court case is the issue here.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
What he says out of court could be different, but it is what he says/agrees in the court case is the issue here.

there is no evidence he agreed to anything...best stick to the facts

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2018, 08:45:21 PM »

i can give you another example...in the cipriano case one of the proven facts is taht Joannas bllod was found in the fridge.....the blood in the fridge was never dna tested...it seems the portuguese definition of proof is very loose

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »
there is no evidence he agreed to anything...best stick to the facts
I think that is the basis of the list of proven facts.  Both sides agree to these facts.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »
I think that is the basis of the list of proven facts.  Both sides agree to these facts.

so in the cipriano case you think both sides agreed joannas blood was found in the fridge

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »
so in the cipriano case you think both sides agreed joannas blood was found in the fridge
I have no idea.  I don't study that case.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »
In the proven facts...it states.  The dog alerted to cadaver odour

So when I question the post below

The alerts have not been proven to be from cadaver

You say this. Are they "proven" or not. It doesn't appear that you can make your mind up on that one.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
So when I question the post below

The alerts have not been proven to be from cadaver

You say this. Are they "proven" or not. It doesn't appear that you can make your mind up on that one.
There is two or more meanings to the word proven
Proven scientifically with corroborating evidence.
or proven as being on a list of proven facts or just both parties not disputing the fact.

Like both parties could agree that Kate's finger prints were on the window, but doesn't prove she opened it.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2018, 10:30:01 PM »
There is two or more meanings to the word proven
Proven scientifically with corroborating evidence.
or proven as being on a list of proven facts or just both parties not disputing the fact.

Like both parties could agree that Kate's finger prints were on the window, but doesn't prove she opened it.

Rob I understand that but Davel went from the dogs alerts were not proven to they were proven. That was my point
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!