Author Topic: Arise President Trump!  (Read 149260 times)

Alfie

Re: Arise President Trump!
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2016, 05:43:24 PM »
Who thinks that if Trump had lost, his supporters would have simply acquiesced and gone home quietly?  Personally I think there may have been as much if not far more trouble on the streets, so in a way I think it's a blessing in the short term that Trump won.  It would probably be all out civil war in the States by now had he not. 

Alfie

« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
Trump's own words, from some of his rallies.  He seems to enjoy a good ol' punch up, especially when it's his "passionate" supporters delivering it.

"if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of 'em, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise."

"Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I’ll defend you in court."  "Are Trump rallies the most fun?" he then asked the crowd. "We’re having a good time."

He then recalled an incident at a New Hampshire rally where a protester started "swinging and punching." Trump said some people in the audience "took him out."

"It was really amazing to watch," he said.

"See, in the good old days this didn’t use to happen, because they used to treat them very rough. We’ve become very weak."

In November, a Trump supporter "punched and attempted to choke" a protester at a rally in Birmingham, Alabama (according to the Washington Post); Trump said afterward that "maybe he deserved to get roughed up."

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/11/11202540/trump-violent

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2016, 06:03:29 PM »
Who thinks that if Trump had lost, his supporters would have simply acquiesced and gone home quietly?  Personally I think there may have been as much if not far more trouble on the streets, so in a way I think it's a blessing in the short term that Trump won.  It would probably be all out civil war in the States by now had he not.

Me, I do.

You can think what you like about what might have happened.

But what actually has happened.... is Hillary supporters protesting democracy, the very thing they claim to support.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2016, 06:20:01 PM »
Me, I do.

But what actually has happened.... is Hillary supporters protesting democracy, the very thing they claim to support.

Me too.  What a bunch of hypocrites.

stephen25000

« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
Me, I do.

Clinton received more votes than Trump, so in a true democracy, she would have been elected.

Alfie

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »
Me, I do.

Protesting is a democratic right.  They're just making their feelings felt about Trump, they're not calling for the election result to be overturned, so what's undemocratic about that?  I thought you advocated freedom of speech and all that?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:50:22 PM by Alfie »

stephen25000

« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2016, 06:48:22 PM »
Protesting is a democratic right.  They're just making their feelings felt about Trump, there not calling for the election result to be overturned, so what's undemocratic about that?  I thought you advocated freedom of speech and all that?

As long as it suits his agenda.

By the logic of the brexiteers, they should be out complaining on behalf of Clinton, as she won more votes.

I've already seen though, that won't happen.

Alfie

« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2016, 06:49:52 PM »
Me too.  What a bunch of hypocrites.
What's hypocritical about it?  In a democratic society we have the right to protest.  Millions of people think Trump is a danger to their country, they have the right to get together, speak up and say so.  Maybe under Trump that right will be revoked.  Who knows?   Of course they don't have the right to riot and commit acts of violence, but I don't believe they are ALL doing so.

stephen25000

« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »
Now what was Spam saying earlier ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2158786/donald-trump-supporters-leave-gay-man-covered-in-blood-while-screaming-we-got-a-new-president-you-fg-fs-in-shocking-street-attack/

' A GAY man has claimed Donald Trump supporters smashed a bottle over his head in a homophobic attack on election night.

Chris Ball was left soaked in his own blood after the blow knocked him to the ground and caused him to smack his face on the pavement. '

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »
What's hypocritical about it?  In a democratic society we have the right to protest.  Millions of people think Trump is a danger to their country, they have the right to get together, speak up and say so.  Maybe under Trump that right will be revoked.  Who knows?   Of course they don't have the right to riot and commit acts of violence, but I don't believe they are ALL doing so.

But a few too many.

However, tis lovely to think we don't all agree about everything.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »

He didn't lose he won so your speculation is pointless.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
Now what was Spam saying earlier ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2158786/donald-trump-supporters-leave-gay-man-covered-in-blood-while-screaming-we-got-a-new-president-you-fg-fs-in-shocking-street-attack/

' A GAY man has claimed Donald Trump supporters smashed a bottle over his head in a homophobic attack on election night.

Chris Ball was left soaked in his own blood after the blow knocked him to the ground and caused him to smack his face on the pavement. '

How did the guy with the bottle know the other guy was gay? I think I can see it one guy in a leather hat and chains the other shaved bald head and Doc Martins.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2016, 07:36:26 PM »

stephen25000

« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2016, 07:40:54 PM »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:21 PM »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:30:53 PM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.