Author Topic: Arise President Trump!  (Read 149259 times)

stephen25000

Re: Arise President Trump!
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »
I lost interest after:
"A serial bankrupt will be at the wheel of the world’s largest economy. A man with no experience of elected office will preside over a government machine with 2.8 million civilian employees and 1.5 million military personnel".
It is inaccurate wrt to the bankruptcy bit because Trump as an individual has never been bankrupt and it shows a lack of understanding of what Trump's companies did within the US bancruptcy laws; in essence to retain control and restructure at someone elses expense. Immoral yes, illegal no, crafty yes... &%+((£
He remains the hundred a diddlyth richest bloke in The States so to suggest he has no business acumen is stretching a point.
Richard Nixon was serial liar as was Hillary Clinton. Eisenhower lied to Kruschev about the Gary Powers incident resulting in Nikita stomping out of a summit meeting, so nothing new there

http://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-basics/chapter-11-bankruptcy-basics

In four years time Trump will either stand down, seek re-election or the prophesised armageddon will have occurred.
The danger I see is similar the one Syngman Rhee had in Korea in 1950. Some nutter will believe what Trump says, if he doesn't tone it down*, or worse what the MSM say he says, and as a consequence lob one in on him as a pre-emptive strike.
Current warfare waged by the Yanks is no place for nuclear strikes it would be the wrong taxdiscs when iron bombs are good enough. Nuclear is mostly for destroying cities.

* read Kilcullen to find out what George W Bush was really like when there no cameras or reporters about. That may give a clue.

That's your trouble Alice as regards Trump

You stay on the surface and don't dig deep.

I hope you don't believe that Trump has a rational mentality.

He has no morals and is a sociopath.

As to George W. Bush................92.

I'll let you work that one for yourself.

Alfie

« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »
This will disappoint Angelo - the wall and the waterboarding promises were just campaign talk apparently -

"Senior advisers to Trump have indicated that even his most startling promise, to build a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and make Mexico pay for it, had been campaign rhetoric rather than reality.

“He’ll spend a lot of time controlling the border,” said Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives tipped as a possible secretary of state.

“He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device.”

Mike Rogers, in line to become Trump’s CIA chief, dismissed a pledge by Trump to bring back waterboarding of terrorist suspects — widely condemned as a form of torture — as “campaign talk”.

Alfie

« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
Oh dear.

Right-wing blogs reacted with anger and disbelief at what they saw as signs that Trump was backtracking on some of his most voluble election promises.

“Trump isn’t even president yet and he’s already waffling on a full repeal of Obamacare,” wrote The Right Scoop. “What a principle-less chump!” The Anti Media blog condemned Trump’s “flip-flop”, asking: “Which of his campaign promises will be the next to go?”

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2016, 05:39:25 PM »
That's your trouble Alice as regards Trump

You stay on the surface and don't dig deep.

I hope you don't believe that Trump has a rational mentality.

He has no morals and is a sociopath.

As to George W. Bush................92.

I'll let you work that one for yourself.

There is no need to dig deep*.
Two things make people bent; having a billion and wanting a billion. QED on "bent status".
Most who reach the top in whatever line are probably megalomaniacs and will likely have sociopathic tendencies as well. QED on that.
He made promises during the run up to election that he will not be able to keep. So do most politicians. QED
He makes inappropriate remarks about women. The Kennedy clan would **** anything that moved. QED
He is a bit childish with smutty schoolboy humour. Show me a bloke over 13 who will still not twitch a grin at Uranus, Huddersfield and rissole. QED
He plays his face a bit (West Midlands version not Urban Slang).
There are no surprises there so what I am trying to work out is why people are going apoplectic about a bloke who is merely the amalgam of many who went before him.
So you don't want an irrational, lying, conniving, cheating geezer with his hand on the button. Try Richard Nixon, all of those and more and a Republican to boot yet he managed to extricate the US from VietNam without lobbing in nukes on Charlie, the Chinese or the Russians.

* if I do want to dig deep where would I do that? I guess there are some authoritative books on him somewhere.
The MSM and wiki will be gold mines full of pyrites that's for sure.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2016, 06:31:45 PM »
So Googling "Authoritative Books on Donald Trump" I found this in critics notebook by  Michiko Kakutani , I apoolgise for the cut and paste  8(>((

"Books about Mr. Trump tend to fall into two categories. There are funny ones that focus on Trump the Celebrity of the 1980s and ’90s — a cartoony avatar of greed and wretched excess and what Garry Trudeau (“Yuge! 30 Years of Doonesbury on Trump”) calls “big, honking hubris.” And there are serious biographies that try to shed light on Mr. Trump’s life and complex, highly opaque business dealings as a real estate magnate, which are vital to understanding the judgment, decision-making abilities and financial entanglements he would bring to the Oval Office.
Because of Mr. Trump’s lack of transparency surrounding his business interests (he has even declined to disclose his tax returns) and because of his loose handling of facts and love of hyperbole, serious books are obligated to spend a lot of time sifting through business and court documents. (USA Today recently reported that there are “about 3,500 legal actions involving Trump, including 1,900 where he or his companies were a plaintiff and about 1,300 in which he was the defendant.”) And they must also fact-check his assertions (PolitiFact rates 35 percent of his statements False, and 18 percent “Pants on Fire” Lies).

Perhaps because they were written rapidly as Mr. Trump’s presidential candidacy gained traction, the latest of these books rarely step back to analyze in detail the larger implications and repercussions of the Trump phenomenon. Nor do they really map the landscape in which he has risen to popularity and is himself reshaping through his carelessness with facts, polarizing remarks and disregard for political rules".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »
So Googling "Authoritative Books on Donald Trump" I found this in critics notebook by  Michiko Kakutani , I apoolgise for the cut and paste  8(>((

"Books about Mr. Trump tend to fall into two categories. There are funny ones that focus on Trump the Celebrity of the 1980s and ’90s — a cartoony avatar of greed and wretched excess and what Garry Trudeau (“Yuge! 30 Years of Doonesbury on Trump”) calls “big, honking hubris.” And there are serious biographies that try to shed light on Mr. Trump’s life and complex, highly opaque business dealings as a real estate magnate, which are vital to understanding the judgment, decision-making abilities and financial entanglements he would bring to the Oval Office.
Because of Mr. Trump’s lack of transparency surrounding his business interests (he has even declined to disclose his tax returns) and because of his loose handling of facts and love of hyperbole, serious books are obligated to spend a lot of time sifting through business and court documents. (USA Today recently reported that there are “about 3,500 legal actions involving Trump, including 1,900 where he or his companies were a plaintiff and about 1,300 in which he was the defendant.”) And they must also fact-check his assertions (PolitiFact rates 35 percent of his statements False, and 18 percent “Pants on Fire” Lies).

Perhaps because they were written rapidly as Mr. Trump’s presidential candidacy gained traction, the latest of these books rarely step back to analyze in detail the larger implications and repercussions of the Trump phenomenon. Nor do they really map the landscape in which he has risen to popularity and is himself reshaping through his carelessness with facts, polarizing remarks and disregard for political rules".

Why not comment on Andrew Rawnsley's analysis of Trump.

He is an experienced political commentator and does know what he is talking about.

As to Nixon, Kennedy and co., done and dusted.

The perceived impression you and others gives Alice, is that there is nothing wrong with Trump and he is just the same as any other politician.

Alfie

« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2016, 07:33:07 PM »

He is an experienced political commentator and does know what he is talking about.

The perceived impression you and others gives Alice, is that there is nothing wrong with Trump and he is just the same as any other politician.
He's like no other politician I have encountered in modern times (well apart from maybe Nick Griffin)  It's precisely because he's not like any other politician that he got elected. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »

I commented on Rawnsley's appraisal. As his bit about bankruptcy is demonstrably inaccurate why should I assume the rest is any less inaccurate?. [ propoganda trick: the appeal to authority]. For all he [Rawnsley] is a respected political commentator how is he as a clairvoyant?
I did not say there was nothing wrong with Trump. He should not have met Mr Farage ahead of the legitimate leader of the UK government for example.
The man was elected president of The United States of America in accordance with US electoral rules.
Get used to the idea.
It seems to me that there are some very conservative folk about who can't bear a deviation from their own preconceived ideas of "the norm" and will find any excuse to pillory the person who is, passing off previous historical similarities as irrelevant in their zealotry.

stephen25000

« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
I commented on Rawnsley's appraisal. As his bit about bankruptcy is demonstrably inaccurate why should I assume the rest is any less inaccurate?. [ propoganda trick: the appeal to authority]. For all he [Rawnsley] is a respected political commentator how is he as a clairvoyant?
I did not say there was nothing wrong with Trump. He should not have met Mr Farage ahead of the legitimate leader of the UK government for example.
The man was elected president of The United States of America in accordance with US electoral rules.
Get used to the idea.
It seems to me that there are some very conservative folk about who can't bear a deviation from their own preconceived ideas of "the norm" and will find any excuse to pillory the person who is, passing off previous historical similarities as irrelevant in their zealotry.

Personally I see  zealotry and bigotry in every aspect of Trump's behaviour and from his devoted followers.

Perhaps you can provide cites where Rawnsley is incorrect.

The man has escaped his financial responsibilities 4 times in filing for chapter 11 in the failed businesses and failure to pay taxes. He has a long record of failing to pay for work done by many former employees.

I look forward to the fourtcoming trials including ones for fraud. He has escaped justice before, but he won't escape the consequences of his actions forever.

He has now announced he intends to rapidly remove 2 to 3 million illegal immigrants from America and has reaffirmed his intention to build the wall on the Mexican border. A true recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:22:12 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »
Personally I see  zealotry and bigotry in every aspect of Trump's behaviour and from his devoted followers.

Perhaps you can provide cites where Rawnsley is incorrect.

The man has escaped his financial responsibilities 4 times in filing for chapter 11 in the failed businesses and failure to pay taxes. He has a long record of failing to pay for work done by many former employees.

I look forward to the fourtcoming trials including ones for fraud. He has escaped justice before, but he won't escape the consequences of his actions forever.

He has now announced he intends to rapidly remove 2 to 3 million illegal immigrants from America and has reaffirmed his intention to build the wall on the Mexican border. A true recipe for disaster.

Six times

He said Trump was a serial bankrupt or words to that effect. Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-bankruptcies/

"One of the first issues with public perception of the "Trump bankruptcy" trope is that many people don't fully understand the nature of the bankruptcy process, or the distinctions between personal and corporate bankruptcies. Many people tend to view all bankruptcies as something like the denouement of a game of Monopoly: "Ha-ha, you ran out of money! Game over. You lose!"

Donald Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy, but he has sought bankruptcy protection for businesses controlled by him several times — as he (or whoever populates his Twitter account) is fond of pointing out"

That should suffice but there are others; even some on Wiki  8(0(*.
But to use your argument most of it is over 20 years ago so is water under the bridge.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:22:37 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2016, 10:34:56 PM »
Six times

He said Trump was a serial bankrupt or words to that effect. Trump has never filed for personal bankruptcy.

"One of the first issues with public perception of the "Trump bankruptcy" trope is that many people don't fully understand the nature of the bankruptcy process, or the distinctions between personal and corporate bankruptcies. Many people tend to view all bankruptcies as something like the denouement of a game of Monopoly: "Ha-ha, you ran out of money! Game over. You lose!"

Donald Trump has never declared personal bankruptcy, but he has sought bankruptcy protection for businesses controlled by him several times — as he (or whoever populates his Twitter account) is fond of pointing out"

But to use your argument most of it is over 20 years ago so is water under the bridge.

I do know it wasn't personal bankruptcies. Doh.

...and of course he has used these bankruptcies not to pay tax, which the stupid people who voted for him did. 8**8:/:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:23:44 PM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2016, 11:05:52 PM »
Six times

Six times a bankrupt! .... says it all.

Doesn't matter how long ago his bankruptcies occurred, he repeatedly did it ... and fiddled his tax and employees.  The man is morally devoid.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »

Huffington Post Hissy Fit....

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

@)(++(*

People are acting like Trump is going to reintroduce slavery, persecute women & execute blacks & gays.....
........like he's muslim or something.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Alfie

« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:54 AM »
I see the wall is back on the cards, though downgraded to a fence in some parts.  Also 2 million detentions and / or deportations of criminal gang members - sounds like there will be lots of new prisons built and possibly war on the streets in some cities as law enforcement attempts to round up these 2 million criminals.  Oh well, God loves a trier...

Alfie

« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
Huffington Post Hissy Fit....

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/a-vote-for-trump-was-a-hate-crime_us_58249871e4b0edfa1393613a

@)(++(*

People are acting like Trump is going to reintroduce slavery, persecute women & execute blacks & gays.....
........like he's muslim or something.
Actually that's what I've always found paradoxical about the Far Right and their Islamophobia.  They actually do have so much in common with Muslims - an emphasis on family and tradition, a solid belief in old school religious values and "eye-for-an-eye" retribution, women's place in the home, Sub-Saharan Africans as sub-humans ripe for exploitation, gays as unnatural and against God etc.  Really they should make excellent bed-follows!