Author Topic: Arise President Trump!  (Read 149267 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Arise President Trump!
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:23 PM »
I wasn't aware anyone has criticised him for hiring a woman to improve his chances with 50% of the electorate.

We are faced with the paradox of the man portrayed by some as a card carrying misogynist appointing a woman as his campaign leader.
Maybe he appointed her because said lady is kin good at what she does and  pretty bleedin' bright to boot.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2016, 09:11:51 PM »
We are faced with the paradox of the man portrayed by some as a card carrying misogynist appointing a woman as his campaign leader.
Maybe he appointed her because said lady is kin good at what she does and  pretty bleedin' bright to boot.
Maybe, and maybe he appointed her because he needed a woman's touch to get more women on side.  That doesn't exclude him from accusations of misogyny, nor wipe out all the misgynistic things he has said and done over many years.  Why not just accept that he is a misogynist?  Nothing wrong with it is there?   8(0(*

Alfie

« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
A reminder of Trump's attitude towards women

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

It would seem according to Alice-logic that all the above sexist shite can be forgiven or ignored because he hired a woman to win him the women's vote... *&*%£

Offline John

« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »
Appointed with the primary purpose of turning around Trump's appeal (or lack of it) with female voters.

Yes, she became campaign manager for Republican Donald Trump's presidential campaign, alongside its CEO Steve Bannon on August 17, 2016.  A calculated move indeed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:53:43 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2016, 12:40:08 PM »
Remind me of the rules of engagement in the US Presidential elections.

Remind me of what your post has to do with mine, as I was commenting on those who voted for Trump.

They by the way are reminiscent of Turkeys voting for Christmas. 8)--))

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

It would seem according to Alice-logic that all the above sexist shite can be forgiven or ignored because he hired a woman to win him the women's vote... *&*%£

Did I say that? or is it just another case of you saying someone said something they didn't ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »
Remind me of what your post has to do with mine, as I was commenting on those who voted for Trump.

They by the way are reminiscent of Turkeys voting for Christmas. 8)--))

Probably nothing but I am confused by the attitude of some that because they don't like Trump, for whatever perceived reason, and they consider themselves well educated that any one who voted for Trump must be a f**kwit. If he was voted in by the American system then the f**kwit postulation cannot be sustained as it would defy normal distribution.

I am not that keen on some of his antics myself but strip away the Carny stuff and he has some sound ideas.

Alfie

« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2016, 04:39:21 PM »
Did I say that? or is it just another case of you saying someone said something they didn't ?
Well do tell us what point you were attempting to make when you wrote:

"Donald John Trump misogynist of the parish had a ????? as his campaign manager?"

and

"We are faced with the paradox of the man portrayed by some as a card carrying misogynist appointing a woman as his campaign leader.
Maybe he appointed her because said lady is kin good at what she does and  pretty bleedin' bright to boot".

Is the man Trump a misogynist or not in your view? 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:57:13 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
Probably nothing but I am confused by the attitude of some that because they don't like Trump, for whatever perceived reason, and they consider themselves well educated that any one who voted for Trump must be a f**kwit. If he was voted in by the American system then the f**kwit postulation cannot be sustained as it would defy normal distribution.

I am not that keen on some of his antics myself but strip away the Carny stuff and he has some sound ideas.

Trump is an anomaly.

You can also obtain skewed 'distributions'.

He, presumably with advice, and his own notions added,  appealed to the lowest common denominator in his speeches and targeted groups he knew were vulnerable to the rhetoric, and we have seen that before in history. It's always easier to blame someone else for your woes. The fact that Trump pretended he was interested in the welfare of less well off, was a key ploy and it played to a naive/stupid and gullible audience.

It is also an echo of what happened in Brexit, where the main theme was the perceived threat by immigrants and Trump used that too.

Both Trump and the Brexiteers, played against the rules. it is a shame that first Clinton was chosen, and second both the Democrats and The 'Remainers' should have adopted the same tactics as their opponents. Dirty I know, but sometimes there are no alternatives.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #474 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »

The sexist shite is emanating from you Alfie, by suggesting the only reason she was appointed was on her gender and not on ability. Now who is the misogynist sexist prat? Also to suggest she was appointed to get the women vote is invalid and has no evidence what so ever. Women voted for Trump- get over it. Black Americans   also described as ' the lowest common denominator' also voted for Trump as did many celebrities who had no need to get their faces in the media.Middle classes, very wealthy also voted for Trump. Your and Stephens  argument just doesn't wash and comes across as racist, sexist,with undertones of self righteous,out of touch liberal ranting.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfie

« Reply #475 on: November 21, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »
The sexist shite is emanating from you Alfie, by suggesting the only reason she was appointed was on her gender and not on ability. Now who is the misogynist sexist prat? Also to suggest she was appointed to get the women vote is invalid and has no evidence what so ever. Women voted for Trump- get over it. Black Americans   also described as ' the lowest common denominator' also voted for Trump as did many celebrities who had no need to get their faces in the media.Middle classes, very wealthy also voted for Trump. Your and Stephens  argument just doesn't wash and comes across as racist, sexist,with undertones of self righteous,out of touch liberal ranting.
OMG.  @)(++(*  I've heard it all now.  Priceless.

Alfie

« Reply #476 on: November 21, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »

"Conway has run her polling firm, The Polling Company/WomanTrend, for more than two decades, advising corporate clients and top Republican officeholders like former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who Trump tapped as his running mate. Much of her work has focused on how to reach out to women, and she is the co-author of a 2005 book, What Women Really Want, with Democratic pollster Celinda Lake."

http://time.com/4462283/donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-campaign-manager/

Would an apology for the insulting rant really be too much to hope for Miss Taken (appropriate name btw)?

stephen25000

« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »

Unbelievable.

How can you not see Trump for what he is and represents.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:56:01 PM by John »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2016, 05:52:55 PM »
Trump is an anomaly.

You can also obtain skewed 'distributions'.

He, presumably with advice, and his own notions added,  appealed to the lowest common denominator in his speeches and targeted groups he knew were vulnerable to the rhetoric, and we have seen that before in history. It's always easier to blame someone else for your woes. The fact that Trump pretended he was interested in the welfare of less well off, was a key ploy and it played to a naive/stupid and gullible audience.

It is also an echo of what happened in Brexit, where the main theme was the perceived threat by immigrants and Trump used that too.

Both Trump and the Brexiteers, played against the rules. it is a shame that first Clinton was chosen, and second both the Democrats and The 'Remainers' should have adopted the same tactics as their opponents. Dirty I know, but sometimes there are no alternatives.

'where the main theme was the perceived threat by immigrants'

This is a lie Stephen and also scare mongering in its worst possible form. The people who voted Brexit did so on the affects the EU was having on their daily lives, obviousy a very different daily life from you and remainers. What makes you feel you are the person to decide who comes and goes into our Hospitals, schools, communities, and how dare you insult those who live here in fear of their lives, those who fled tyranny only to meet up with it over here? And  how dare you suggest that geldolf and crew know better how to run a country and should have a bigger say that the rest of us what we want just because they are not on a housing list for 9 years , or over crowded flats, schools, bursting at the seems hospitals. The infrastructure and security measures should be in place, so instead of demanding WE accept any body and every body why don't you and your remainers go and have a love in with those whom you feel are being discrimnated against, give up half, your salary, open your own doors. Lead by example per say...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #479 on: November 21, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »
'where the main theme was the perceived threat by immigrants'

This is a lie Stephen and also scare mongering in its worst possible form. The people who voted Brexit did so on the affects the EU was having on their daily lives, obviousy a very different daily life from you and remainers. What makes you feel you are the person to decide who comes and goes into our Hospitals, schools, communities, and how dare you insult those who live here in fear of their lives, those who fled tyranny only to meet up with it over here? And  how dare you suggest that geldolf and crew know better how to run a country and should have a bigger say that the rest of us what we want just because they are not on a housing list for 9 years , or over crowded flats, schools, bursting at the seems hospitals. The infrastructure and security measures should be in place, so instead of demanding WE accept any body and every body why don't you and your remainers go and have a love in with those whom you feel are being discrimnated against, give up half, your salary, open your own doors. Lead by example per say...

The fact is , often the brexit votes were higher in areas with a low number of immigrants.

Second, whether from EU or Non-EU countries,  the migrants are net contributors to the Treasury.

Did I mention Geldorf ?

No.

What I see in your reply is a rant, and no more.

It is the same rampant illogic I have seen in many brexit supporters.

You say what right do I have to say how the country should be run. Well clearly as much as you.

I meet and work with people from Europe and further afield, and quite frankly, some are a lot more civilized than some people I have debates with over here, on Brexit and Trump.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:58:16 PM by John »