Author Topic: Sandra Lean submits new Application to SCCRC in Luke Mitchell case.  (Read 15959 times)

Offline John

Luke Mitchell family friend and representative (not lawyer) Miss Sandra Lean delivered a 300-page dossier to the SCCRC in Glasgow yesterday.  The same dossier that she has been working on for several months.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/i-m-an-innocent-lad-condemned-by-lies-and-errors-claims-luke-mitchell-1-2424857

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:25:55 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline devils advocate

Re: Re: Sandra Lean
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »
I find Luke Mitchell's comments remarkable given that nearly 9 years have now gone by since Jodi's murder.  To quote from the above article,

Outside the SCCRC building, Ms Mitchell, accompanied by her lawyer, Sandra Lean, who has led the case review application, issued a statement written by Mitchell in his prison cell. He wrote that next week would mark nine years behind bars. “Another one spent without my family and friends. Over the last nine years, I have lost so much – my girlfriend, my beloved grandmother, my dog and, of course, my freedom – the one thing we all take for granted.

“This was down to lies, deceptions and a fully flawed murder investigation. I was let down by the people we are meant to trust – the police and lawyers. This led to an innocent lad locked up in prison, and a guilty one allowed to go free.

It would be laughable it it wasn't so sad.  He says he lost his girlfriend but we know he was two-timing Jodi Jones with another girl.   He speaks of lies and deceptions yet his own brother whom he says was in the family home with him while Jodi Jones was being butchured faled to corroborate his story.  He now blames his lawyers and where have we all seen this before?  Mitchell had the benefit of the most influencial lawyer in scotland at the time yet he still failed to get him off.

One last comment and I will agree with you in your analysis of Sandra Lean.  She isn't a lawyer, she has qualifications in psychology which is far cry from the legal establishment.  I don't belive she has ever worked for any firm of lawyers which is a prerequisite to gaining a law qualification.  She may be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the Scotsman journalists but she isn't fooling anyone for a minute.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:37:23 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
I find his comments remarkable giveb that nearly 9 years have now gone by since Jodi's murder.  To quote from the above article,

Outside the SCCRC building, Ms Mitchell, accompanied by her lawyer, Sandra Lean, who has led the case review application, issued a statement written by Mitchell in his prison cell. He wrote that next week would mark nine years behind bars. “Another one spent without my family and friends. Over the last nine years, I have lost so much – my girlfriend, my beloved grandmother, my dog and, of course, my freedom – the one thing we all take for granted.

“This was down to lies, deceptions and a fully flawed murder investigation. I was let down by the people we are meant to trust – the police and lawyers. This led to an innocent lad locked up in prison, and a guilty one allowed to go free.

It would be laughable it it wasn't so sad.  He says he lost his girlfriend but we know he was two-timing Jodi Jones with another girl.   He speaks of lies and deceptions yet his own brother whom he says was in the family home with him while Jodi Jones was being butchured faled to corroborate his story.  He now blames his lawyers and where have we all seen this before?  Mitchell had the benefit of the most influencial lawyer in scotland at the time yet he still failed to get him off.

One last comment and I will agree with you in your analysis of Sandra Lean.  She isn't a lawyer, she has qualifications in psychology which is far cry from the legal establishment.  I don't belive she has ever worked for any firm of lawyers which is a prerequisite to gaining a law qualification.  She may be able to pull the wool over the eyes of the Scotsman journalists but she isn't fooling anyone for a minute.

That is an excellent point and it might be worth pointing out that her co director and founder of the website which is referred to in the Scotsman article, namely the Wrongly Accused Person Organisation, is Billy Middleton who was referred to earlier in this thread.  Middleton's claim to fame other than his internet scamming and spamming is that he was once a Mussel fisherman.  I believe he now resides in his parents home in Lerwick having been repatriated back there by Sandra Lean and her daughter.  It is my understanding that Middleton is shunned by the local community in Lerwick and the Shetland Islands at large and this has resulted in him failing to take up gainful employment.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
I find his comments remarkable giveb that nearly 9 years have now gone by since Jodi's murder.  To quote from the above article,

That is an excellent point and it might be worth pointing out that her co director and founder of the website which is referred to in the Scotsman article, namely the Wrongly Accused Person Organisation, is Billy Middleton who was referred to earlier in this thread.  Middleton's claim to fame other than his internet scamming and spamming is that he was once a Mussel fisherman.  I believe he now resides in his parents home in Lerwick having been repatriated back there by Sandra Lean and her daughter.  It is my understanding that Middleton is shunned by the local community in Lerwick and the Shetland Islands at large and this has resulted in him failing to take up gainful employment.

Lean loves the publicity doesn't she??   @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »

Sandra Lean is a self publicist, she is also an internet troll who spent years running around websites promoting the Mitchell case to anyone who would listen.  One of her best known fictional characters was jigsawman, a name which she used to attack others with impunity on a forum called Fact & Myth.  She then went around telling anyone who would listen that she never uses any other user names.  You couldn't make it up!   @)(++(*

Shaw2

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »

Sandra Lean is a self publicist, she is also an internet troll who spent years running around websites promoting the Mitchell case to anyone who would listen.  One of her best known fictional characters was jigsawman, a name which she used to attack others with impunity on a forum called Fact & Myth.  She then went around telling anyone who would listen that she never uses any other user names.  You couldn't make it up!   @)(++(*
i think she has been goin around so long telling folk that luke mitchell is innocent that she believes it herself.she will get a shock if mitchell turns out to be another adrian prout??    @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »

i think she has been goin around so long telling folk that luke mitchell is innocent that she believes it herself.she will get a shock if mitchell turns out to be another adrian prout??    @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

It is interesting that the Daily Record gave a few more details than the Scotsman newspaper...

Campaigner Sandra Lean said: “We have found new photographic evidence that shows one local man linked to the case after the trial bore a remarkable resemblance to Luke.

“Pictures of them both from around the time of the murder have been submitted to show the striking
similarity, particularly in their hairstyles.

“This development could cast doubt on the evidence of eyewitnesses who claimed to have seen Luke near the scene at the time of the murder.”

She added: “There are other potential suspects and, although we are not saying any of them were responsible for the crime, we are pointing out our belief that it shows the police should have looked further afield than Luke.”

What she fails to state however is that while Mitchell wore a distinctive green Bomber jacket with orange lining and a black t-shirt with white lettering, this other so-called suspect did not.  Smoking mirrors yet again!

If Sandra Leans submission to the SCCRC is anything like her interview with the Press then I would say she has wasted hundreds of pages of paper for nothing.

She has failed to provide the tiniest scrap of any evidence which clears Luke Mitchell choosing instead to point the finger at just about every male in the local area.

I can just see the SCCRC Commissioners laughing in their coffee's.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:06:24 PM by John »

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 03:08:22 PM »
But this is what happens when you get a would-be novice like Sandra Lean dabbling in matters for which she is not qualified.  She thinks she knows better than the police, the legal system, the judiciary and the Press.  She should stick to psychology and get a proper job.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:38:13 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 07:50:06 PM »
I'm confused now.
Was Sandra Lean in a personal or proffesional relationship with Billy Middleton?
Then it goes on-: Outside the SCCRC building, Ms Mitchell, accompanied by her lawyer, Sandra Lean, who has led the case review application, issued a statement written by Mitchell in his prison cell. Then she's with Billy Middletons wife (?), is Sandra Lean a lawyer too? Who's side is she on? Both Mr and Mrs Middletons?

Sandra Lean and Billy Middleton jointly run the Wrongly Accused Person Organisation, charity and forum.  He operates the site from his parents home in Lerwick, Shetland.  She lives at Mayfield near Edinburgh which is just over a mile away from the Jones family home as the crow flies.

Billy Middleton's ex remains on the Shetland Islands but well away from Lerwick.  She has raised a civil action against him in the death of their daughter in a house fire.  She has custody of the two remaining children, he is denied any access.

Middleton and Lean were in a relationship for a period of time prior to his forced repatriation to the Shetlands as a consequence of his questionable behaviour while in Edinburgh.

Sandra Lean is qualified as a paralegal (someone who assists a lawyer in their work), she is not a lawyer.  She recently obtained a PHD and has studied Psychology and Sociology.

Obviously there is lots more but I don't want to go into it ahead of his wife's civil action. Hope this helps Joanne.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:54:34 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
I should add that Sandra Lean has had one book published called "No Smoke" which Middleton promotes on the WAP website and posts on another forum that she is currently working on another two books related to the cases she is involved with.  It could be claimed that she is making money out of other peoples misery but that is for people to judge for themselves.

I have yet to see a return of any monies being declared by their charity so books sales must be slow?

Maybe she will donate the proceeds from her book to the Jodi Jones memorial fund?

I wonder will the Adrian Prout debacle feature in either one of them or the long awaited apology to Richard Wakefield (Kate Prout's brother) for the upset she caused him and the rest of the family when she claimed that Kate had run off and wasn't dead at all?  Shame on Sandra Lean!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:33:50 PM by John »

Offline John

Re: Sandra Lean submits new Application to SCCRC in Luke Mitchell case
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
An amusing end to this story is that Sandra Lean and Corinne Mitchell stage managed the event at the SCCRC when they turned up with a large box containing the 300-page Application dossier.  Apparently the gathered throng of photographers wanted all sort of photos which Lean and Mitchell were only too glad to provide for them.  Guess what?  Not one of these photos were ever printed.   @)(++(*

Here's a better one girls!!

Sandra Lean (left) and Corinne Mitchell arrived at the High Court in Edinburgh.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:43:55 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »
or maybe this one?

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
The phrase clutching at straws comes to mind every time I hear the name Sandra Lean mentioned.  She is the worst possible advert for any miscarriage of justice cause.  She is associated with a con man and most probably a baby murderer and has been active in pointing the finger at nearly every male in the villages of Easthouses for years as an alternative to luke Mitchell. Where does it all end I ask myself?

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
The phrase clutching at straws comes to mind every time I hear the name Sandra Lean mentioned.  She is the worst possible advert for any miscarriage of justice cause.  She is associated with a con man and most probably a baby murderer and has been active in pointing the finger at nearly every male in the villages of Easthouses for years as an alternative to luke Mitchell. Where does it all end I ask myself?

Have you seen her latest effort. As I have hinted at for two years she is now saying that Luke has a double who was the person whom witnesses actually saw that afternoon near the murder scene.  A doppelgänger by any other name!

That could be true but for one very crucial factor.  Was this doppelgänger also dressed just like Luke Mitchell with black baggy...very baggy jeans, a black t-shirt with a logo,"you laugh at me because I am different....I pity you because you are all the same", a green short Bomber Jacket with a bright orange lining and snowboard boots.

Now??  What are the chances of two boys who looked exactly like each other and wearing the exact same clothes being spotted at the exact same time in the same area??  But wait for it!!

Luke didn't see him either!!   @)(++(*   Sounds like the Shane blarney all over again!!   @)(++(*

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
Sandra Lean should not be involved in the Mitchell case to the extent she is.  Any professional will tell you that getting involved in cases which relate to friends or family is a recipe for disaster.  Lean should be working on her ex boyfriend Billy Middletons defence to his forthcoming civil case because if he falters on that one he will be looking at a retrial for murder, attempted double murder and domestic violence on his ex wife.  Wont that be a sweet endeavour for him to chew on while he wiles the miles away on his bedroom treadmill??