Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125631 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #630 on: June 27, 2016, 08:22:44 AM »
Boris is telling us there's no rush and seems to want his European cake and eat it now.... &%+((£

Could this be a wake up call to the EU?

That there is concern about the direction of travel from trading bloc to federal state with political and fiscal integration,  and this will result in a change to the EU. 

Junker is keen to get on with it - my impression is he can see his power and position in danger of slipping away.

In my view Boris is right - a cool, clear and step by step approach is needed. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #631 on: June 27, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
Boris is telling us there's no rush and seems to want his European cake and eat it now.... &%+((£

Following cowardly Cameron's resignation Boris Johnson has leadership aspirations. Anything he says now he is saying with that in mind.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
It is noticeable that Cameron is no Churchill.  The first sign of dissent and he's off.  Had Churchill done the same and turned his back on the country as our troops were fleeing Dunkirk we would all be one Europe now and speaking German.  David Cameron has let the country down badly.  Many people voted on the basis that he undertook to see the matter through to the end regardless of the outcome.  He lied.

Cameron did not lie...your claim is untrue and libellous...but of course it will be allowed to stand

Alfie

« Reply #633 on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »
Following cowardly Cameron's resignation Boris Johnson has leadership aspirations. Anything he says now he is saying with that in mind.
Why cowardly?  He did absolutely the right thing by standing down.  Would you entrust the removal of our country from the EU to a man who campaigned hard for us not to leave?  Far better to be done by someone in charge who actually believes in what he or she is doing, don't you think?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2016, 08:55:30 AM »
Cameron did not lie...your claim is untrue and libellous...but of course it will be allowed to stand

I can't find a direct quote from Cameron, but the general consensus seems to be;

Cameron, they argue, had repeatedly said during the campaign that article 50 would be triggered immediately if Vote Leave were to win the Brexit referendum.

EU members expected Cameron to follow through;

The president of the European parliament, Martin Schulz, has said he expects Cameron to initiate the process on Tuesday evening, making the formal announcement that Britain intends to exit the EU at the summit dinner he is due to address before going home and leaving – for the first time – the other 27 member states to discuss Britain’s situation without him the following day.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/who-will-dare-pull-trigger-article-50-eu
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #635 on: June 27, 2016, 08:58:29 AM »

Boris did not give a monkey's about whether we are in or out.

It was all about his bid for power.

He and Cameron have been rivals for years going back to University.

The bottom line is Johnson and his fellows lied to the electorate and some were taken in by the B.S., others wanted out for other reasons.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #636 on: June 27, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
Why cowardly?  He did absolutely the right thing by standing down.  Would you entrust the removal of our country from the EU to a man who campaigned hard for us not to leave?  Far better to be done by someone in charge who actually believes in what he or she is doing, don't you think?

All he had to do was tell the EU on Tuesday that the UK was invoking article 50. He could then stand down and leave the negotiations to his successor. That, in my opinion, was his duty fulfilled.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #637 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:37 AM »
Boris did not give a monkey's about whether we are in or out.

It was all about his bid for power.

He and Cameron have been rivals for years going back to University.

The bottom line is Johnson and his fellows lied to the electorate and some were taken in by the B.S., others wanted out for other reasons.

Both sides lied to the electorate. I expect some voters on both sides believed the lies they wanted to believe. Others, as you say, had other reasons to vote the way they did. The result remains.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #638 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:07 AM »

stephen25000

« Reply #639 on: June 27, 2016, 09:13:38 AM »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #640 on: June 27, 2016, 09:19:22 AM »
' Racist incidents feared to be linked to Brexit result '

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/racist-incidents-feared-to-be-linked-to-brexit-result-reported-in-england-and-wales

There will be more.

I've already been called a racist, because I voted leave.

I don't mind being called racist for being a racist.

But I object to being called racist on the basis that I voted leave.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:54:49 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #641 on: June 27, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »
I've already been called a racist, because I voted leave.

I don't mind being called racist for a being racist.

But I object to being called racist on the basis that I voted leave.

Try reading the story.

It does not say all brexit voters are racist, though some undoubtedly are.

' The Metropolitan police confirmed they had been called to the cultural centre on Sunday morning and were pursuing inquiries related to “allegedly racially motivated criminal damage”. '

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #642 on: June 27, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
Racism in this country would stop if all the foreigners went home.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #643 on: June 27, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »
Racism in this country would stop if all the foreigners went home.

Grow up.

This country has been built up by immigration over thousands of years.

Your above comment is incitement.

Offline rotti

« Reply #644 on: June 27, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »
' Brexit to cause immigration surge as 500,000 East Europeans 'will rush in before borders close' '

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-cause-immigration-surge-500000-8283329

In reality the brexiters had no idea how to control immigration, it was all slogans.

Now the reality will bite.
impossible the only people left in poland and Romania are the presidents and their wife's @)(++(*