Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125640 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #825 on: June 29, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
expecting doctors to speak english is not racist...it is a safety issue

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #826 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:40 AM »
Davel wrote:  "expecting doctors to speak english is not racist...it is a safety issue"

________

Reply:
Are you suggesting its a free for all?  That anyone can practice medicine in the UK irrespective of whether they speak sufficient English.

No doctor can practice in the UK with a licence and registration. 

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/24985.asp

You do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about "furriners". 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:04:48 AM by Jean-Pierre »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #827 on: June 29, 2016, 09:19:22 AM »
Davel wrote:  "expecting doctors to speak english is not racist...it is a safety issue"

________

Reply:
Are you suggesting its a free for all?  That anyone can practice medicine in the UK irrespective of whether they speak sufficient English.

During diagnosis doctors use a range of methods, including asking the patient questions. Ten days ago I accompanied my husband to A & E. We saw two doctors, one with excellent English and the other, senior doctor with less good English. Neither of us could understand the questions she was asking us. Whether she understood our answers I don't know. The diagnosis and treatment were first class (he has heart failure, so quite serious) but it does add to patient and relative stress levels if communication is difficult.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #828 on: June 29, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »

________

Reply:

I am stating it as a fact. At the moment we are not allowed to question the language skills of doctors or dentists from the EU...some of them have very poor language skills and are a danger. Your accusations of racism are based on ignorance

Alfie

« Reply #829 on: June 29, 2016, 09:38:56 AM »
It seems the Superstate idea is still around. Is that really what the remain voters want?

EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged yesterday.

The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit
As you seem to be very critical of the EU and everything it stands for, can I ask again why you did not vote leave?

Incidentally the article you have quoted comes from the Daily Express - are we now to accept everything they tell us is the truth?

stephen25000

« Reply #830 on: June 29, 2016, 09:39:19 AM »

________

Reply:

Perhaps some people would like to furnish us with some statistics on those 'foreign' doctors, dentists, nurses, etc., who have found to be incompetent in their duties, and at the same time provide data for the UK counterparts.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #831 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:42 AM »
They are not transients.  If they were all transient, the net immigration would be zero.

These are people who need houses, jobs, schools, medical facilities, waste disposal, space on the roads, ad infinitum.

All the UK needs for the net immigration flow is one major city each and every year.  Even if that city can be built every year, where does the land come from?

I don't think you read my post properly or if you did you failed to understand it.
As for the basics of infrastructure design you are trying to teach granny to suck eggs.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #832 on: June 29, 2016, 10:15:03 AM »
As you seem to be very critical of the EU and everything it stands for, can I ask again why you did not vote leave?

Incidentally the article you have quoted comes from the Daily Express - are we now to accept everything they tell us is the truth?

You can ask anything you like, but I am under no obligation to answer.

You see my posts about the EU as critical, I am endeavoring to be informative. If you don't believe what the newspapers say read this;

https://ec.europa.eu/priorities/publications/five-presidents-report-completing-europes-economic-and-monetary-union_en

Concentrating on trade and the free movement of people makes good headlines but the EU is about much more than that. Rather than being diverted and arguing about the little issues people should be aware of the whole picture. If you don't like the information I'm posting feel free to find and post alternative information. It would be interesting to have a debate which addressed the big questions like sovereignty and democracy.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #833 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
You can ask anything you like, but I am under no obligation to answer.

You see my posts about the EU as critical, I am endeavoring to be informative. If you don't believe what the newspapers say read this;

https://ec.europa.eu/priorities/publications/five-presidents-report-completing-europes-economic-and-monetary-union_en

Concentrating on trade and the free movement of people makes good headlines but the EU is about much more than that. Rather than being diverted and arguing about the little issues people should be aware of the whole picture. If you don't like the information I'm posting feel free to find and post alternative information. It would be interesting to have a debate which addressed the big questions like sovereignty and democracy.

I have no opinion on whether the Express is peddling lies or telling the truth, I just find it somewhat amusing that you have chosen a tabloid as your source, when to do so is usually mocked and sneered at in another part of the forum.  I also find it puzzling that you wish to debate this matter whilst at the same time refusing to explain your reasons for not voting leave.   Your choice of course. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #834 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
Perhaps some people would like to furnish us with some statistics on those 'foreign' doctors, dentists, nurses, etc., who have found to be incompetent in their duties, and at the same time provide data for the UK counterparts.

Perhaps instead of everyone answering your questions which you summarily dismiss you would answer theirs.  Remind me, why do you support a EU?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #835 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
It seems the Superstate idea is still around. Is that really what the remain voters want?

EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged yesterday.

The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

The Superstate concept is what the EU is all about with Germany having most influence at the top table.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluding themself.

On another note, isn't it wonderful how countries are now falling over each other to be the first to trade with the soon to be new free UK.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

« Reply #836 on: June 29, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
Having clicked on the Express link kindly furnished by G-Unit, my eye was rather taken by the story immediately below it - that Elvis is still alive. 

Sums it up perfectly I feel... @)(++(*

stephen25000

« Reply #837 on: June 29, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »
Perhaps instead of everyone answering your questions which you summarily dismiss you would answer theirs.  Remind me, why do you support a EU?

I already have given reasons. I gave one reason yesterday.

I have also noted that some on here question cites which reflect mine and others point of view, yet we are asked with blind faith to support the sites given by brexiters.  8)--))

I also find it interesting to note that I am being asked this question by you repeatedly, yet you fail to ask others who back staying in Europe the same question.

Why is that ?

stephen25000

« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2016, 10:34:43 AM »
Having clicked on the Express link kindly furnished by G-Unit, my eye was rather taken by the story immediately below it - that Elvis is still alive. 

Sums it up perfectly I feel... @)(++(*

I saw that too Alfie. @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline rotti

« Reply #839 on: June 29, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
The Superstate concept is what the EU is all about with Germany having most influence at the top table.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluding themself.

On another note, isn't it wonderful how countries are now falling over each other to be the first to trade with the soon to be new free UK.
yes i agree,also i think the superstate is the brainchild of the usa they control the strings and like all good puppet masters they are never seen  pulling the strings ?>)()<
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:49:14 AM by Angelo222 »