Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125634 times)

Offline Carana

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #1155 on: July 11, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »
Yeah, we missed the lesson of 1776, we're not all as old as you Carana.

8)><(

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1156 on: July 11, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »

I see George Osbourne has flown to America to tell them how great Brexit is, having spent months telling us how we'll all die because of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jul/11/george-osborne-us-britain-brexit-stock-markets-sterling-business-live

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1157 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:48 AM »
Whenever I hear 'Arab Spring' I always think of The Turnip Prize.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Alfie

« Reply #1158 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:42 AM »

I'm a keen advocate of democracy. I have made a case for leaving in an attempt to provoke someone into making a case for staying. It didn't work, though, I still haven't seen any factual case for remaining, just vague references to economics.

I don't think anyone has reason to be grateful to him. He agreed to hold a referendum out of fear of Farage. When the people voted against his recommendations he ran away instead of doing his duty.
So you voted Remain and are now playing Devil's Advocate after the event, is that right?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1159 on: July 11, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
Don't you find economics to be a major consideration?

So tell me how we gain economically from EU membership? I would particularly like to know who gains what and how. I would like to know how much of our 'export' figure actually consists of exports outside of the EU through European ports. I would like to know how much of the figure is due to inter-company transactions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1160 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:07 AM »
So you voted Remain and are now playing Devil's Advocate after the event, is that right?

You can ask questions Alfie, but sometimes you won't be given an answer. This is one of those times.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #1161 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »
So tell me how we gain economically from EU membership? I would particularly like to know who gains what and how. I would like to know how much of our 'export' figure actually consists of exports outside of the EU through European ports. I would like to know how much of the figure is due to inter-company transactions.

Surely you can do that yourself, and research it yourself online.

You don't require a degree in Economics to do that.

Bearing in mind up to recently we had the 5 th largest economy in the world, within the EU.

I did hear Osbourne claim some time ago we could be  the largest Economy in the world by 2030. I presume he said that on April the 1 st. His degree I believe was in History.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1162 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »

Surely you can do that yourself, and research it yourself online.

You don't require a degree in Economics to do that.

Bearing in mind up to recently we had the 5 th largest economy in the world, within the EU.

I did hear Osbourne claim some time ago we could be  the largest Economy in the world by 2030. I presume he said that on April the 1 st. His degree I believe was in History.

Neither do those who insist we're better off in the EU, but I haven't seen anything which supports that position.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #1163 on: July 11, 2016, 10:39:39 AM »
You can ask questions Alfie, but sometimes you won't be given an answer. This is one of those times.
Bizarre.  What are you afraid of?

stephen25000

« Reply #1164 on: July 11, 2016, 10:41:32 AM »
Neither do those who insist we're better off in the EU, but I haven't seen anything which supports that position.

??

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1165 on: July 11, 2016, 11:09:31 AM »
Bizarre.  What are you afraid of?

What [another] silly question/accusation.

We have secret ballots so voters have privacy. If I choose not to share my voting habits that's my democratic right and not bizarre at all. I can't think of any reason why I should be afraid, sorry.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1166 on: July 11, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »

Valid questions, but that's part of the issue, though, isn't it?

How many people had thoroughly investigated the issues and potential consequences prior to voting in one direction or the other?

Alfie

« Reply #1167 on: July 11, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
What [another] silly question/accusation.

We have secret ballots so voters have privacy. If I choose not to share my voting habits that's my democratic right and not bizarre at all. I can't think of any reason why I should be afraid, sorry.
You are anonymous on this forum, so your privacy is not compromised by revealing which way you voted. You've already told us you didn't vote leave, so you either voted remain or didn't vote at all.  If you didn't vote at all then that means you chose not to take part in the democratic process, which seeing as how you're a big fan of democracy seems unlikely.  That leads me to conclude that either you voted to remain or you weren't telling the truth earlier.  I guess we shall never know! 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1168 on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
Valid questions, but that's part of the issue, though, isn't it?

How many people had thoroughly investigated the issues and potential consequences prior to voting in one direction or the other?
I think an issue with the campaigns was that the voting public was being fed assertions, by both sides, without anything solid to back those assertions up.

It reminded me very much of WMD and why it was supposedly essential to go to war in Iraq.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1169 on: July 11, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
I think an issue with the campaigns was that the voting public was being fed assertions, by both sides, without anything solid to back those assertions up.

It reminded me very much of WMD and why it was supposedly essential to go to war in Iraq.

It's how the world works now. Soundbites, spin, good tailoring and grooming have replaced solid debate undertaken by knowledgeable people based on facts.
Result = happy posting.