Author Topic: Anectdotal witness evidence  (Read 8416 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Anectdotal witness evidence
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2021, 12:37:48 PM »
This is how it is introduced on the staffs uni website:

GRIME, Martin and CASSELLA, John (2018) Forensic Canine White Papers A proof of concept foundational guide to the application of forensic canines within law enforcement investigations, research and training development. Other. Staffordshire University, Staffordshire University.

Notice the 2 names in bold.

As you raised this thread about anecdotal witness evidence, what is your definition of anecdotal in context of the phrase above?

If the quote is of any concern to any one in authority why is there not an inquiry into the use of improper dogs by the UK Police force? Because there is no issue with it. You just grab onto it because it suits your beliefs, do you believe everything Martin Grime has written?

anectdotal...without ref to a dic...a statemnet not suported by reliable evidence...such as ...ive smoked 200 cigarettes a day for 20 yrs..and im quite healthy...thats anectdotal evidence supporting smoking...still think I dont understand

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2021, 12:42:20 PM »
Perhaps its you who doesnt understand and my posts are too intellectually complex for you to follow.

The reference to clairvoyants has nothing to do with anectdotal...it shows how if someone makes enough pt=redictions some are bound to come true and the gullible forget all the other failures

cherry picking is exactly what Grime does in his cv imo. Nothing wrong with that ...everyone does it

Davel, please if you don't believe anything else I write or have ever written please believe me when I say your posts are not too intellectually complex for me, believe me.

Well, you did post this about clairvoyants earlier
"If a clairvoyant days does anyone know a Paul who has recently passed over.. And someone replies yes... That is anectdotal evidence and supports her skill."

So which is it, does the reference about clairvoyants have nothing to do with anecdotal or have I just made up this statement from you.

Thats a contradiction for you, forget Harrison.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 12:44:38 PM by Icanhandlethetruth »

« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2021, 12:44:14 PM »
anectdotal...without ref to a dic...a statemnet not suported by reliable evidence...such as ...ive smoked 200 cigarettes a day for 20 yrs..and im quite healthy...thats anectdotal evidence supporting smoking...still think I dont understand

There you go, you do understand some things. Well done!
Now we just have to work on your understanding of context when there is more that one word to process.
Lets start with Anecdotal Witness Evidence, what does that mean to you?

Offline Swertigo Virl

« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »

GRIME, Martin and CASSELLA, John (2018) Forensic Canine White Papers A proof of concept foundational guide to the application of forensic canines within law enforcement investigations, research and training development. Other. Staffordshire University, Staffordshire University.

As you raised this thread about anecdotal witness evidence, what is your definition of anecdotal in context of the phrase above?

If the quote is of any concern to any one in authority why is there not an inquiry into the use of improper dogs by the UK Police force? Because there is no issue with it. You just grab onto it because it suits your beliefs, do you believe everything Martin Grime has written?
If cadaver dog alerts by improperly trained dogs were routinely used in British courts to secure convictions then it would imo be an issue that would need addressing but as they’re not, it isn’t. 
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »

cCassella wrote the introduction..Grime wrote the paper...have another look

« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2021, 12:51:54 PM »
cCassella wrote the introduction..Grime wrote the paper...have another look

GRIME, Martin and CASSELLA, John (2018) Forensic Canine White Papers A proof of concept foundational guide to the application of forensic canines within law enforcement investigations, research and training development. Other. Staffordshire University, Staffordshire University

If you are bothered about it write to staffs uni and get them to remove any reference to Cassella.
(Even though he contributed to it)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2021, 12:55:16 PM »
The point is the amount of time spent in each apartment.

Almost as prejudicial as the abortive removal of clothing from one locale to another when no alert was forthcoming.

We are told there was no alert in the Murat residence.
Why was it not considered appropriate to remove his clothing to a gymnasium for another bite at the cherry - which was the procedure adopted singularly for the McCann clothing.

Just as the obvious difference in the non-blind approach to the vehicles even to the untrained eye.

All of this carried out without peer criticism which might have picked up on and regulated unconscious handler bias.

So you think that the same amount of time should be spent on each location screened? I think that an in depth search only takes place if the dog shows interest in the location. Interest was shown in 5A but not in the other apartments and that's why more time was spent there. A very simple explanation which seems to be beyond the understanding of some.
England - good effort

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2021, 12:55:57 PM »
Now we just have to work on your understanding of context when there is more that one word to process.

What do you mean by ...we have to work on...are you completely daft. If you are going to continually make such stupid comments I will judge that you have nothing sensible r
to say and not bother replying to you. The vtruth is from my pwesrspective is despite yoy forum name...you simply cannot handle the truth

Offline Swertigo Virl

« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
Can you get any more patronising?
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2021, 01:01:07 PM »
So you think that the same amount of time should be spent on each location screened? I think that an in depth search only takes place if the dog shows interest in the location. Interest was shown in 5A but not in the other apartments and that's why more time was spent there. A very simple explanation which seems to be beyond the understanding of some.

another one who thinks taht my opposing view is because i dont understand...like you do!,,,...lol

I think grime was right to spend far more time in 5a....I dont see any point in his [correct use  spending any time in the other random apartments.

As you understand so much more tahn me...or think you do...what in your opinion was the point in the seraches in random other apartmnets.  guarantee you wont have an answer taht makes any sense

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
Can you get any more patronising?

i would say...can you get more stupid...I would  offer to educate him but I dont teach elementary level

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2021, 01:06:26 PM »

you have already received a severe warning and 25 points...can you not debate without acting like achild.

we can stop the insults if you like and debate like adults....or you can continue to spit your dummy out...i can do both..your choice

« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »
i would say...can you get more stupid...I would  offer to educate him but I dont teach elementary level

You still haven't provided your interpretation of "Anecdotal Witness Evidence" apart from

If a clairvoyant days does anyone know a Paul who has recently passed over.. And someone replies yes... That is anectdotal evidence and supports her skill.

You started the thread so you obviously had an interest in it.

Offline Swertigo Virl

« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2021, 01:12:22 PM »
you have already received a severe warning and 25 points...can you not debate without acting like achild.

we can stop the insults if you like and debate like adults....or you can continue to spit your dummy out...i can do both..your choice
He’s sent me to Coventry for some reason, I think I must have touched a nerve.  @)(++(*

« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »

I am not spitting any dummy out, not acting like a child.
I seriously think you have a problem with the context and nuances of words and phrases, I have seen it time and time again, This whole thread is based on your misunderstanding the words "Anecdotal Witness Evidence" and you can't see a difference in meaning between to suggest and to infer.
My words were all quite adult in the paragraph above , I haven't accused you of being a fool or a child or spitting your dummy out.