Author Topic: Peter Lawrence OBE  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Peter Lawrence OBE
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Wonderful news.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
So Mrs McCann invited herself along. Enough said.

This was an event for missing people, not a vanity project by Peter Lawrence OBE.

The intellect, integrity and dignity of the rest of the missing people's parents is a beacon to light up a dark situation.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 07:44:03 PM by slartibartfast »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2018, 08:18:10 PM »
The intellect, integrity and dignity of the rest of the missing people's parents is a beacon to light up a dark situation.
As is the intellect, integrity and dignity of Kate McCann of course.  ?{)(**
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2018, 08:21:52 PM »
As is the intellect, integrity and dignity of Kate McCann of course.  ?{)(**

I would disagree- based on behaviour and demeanor of the McCanns before and after their daughters alledged disapearance.
Completely different...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »
I would disagree- based on behaviour and demeanor of the McCanns before and after their daughters alledged disapearance.
Completely different...
And I would disagree with that.  The McCanns demonstrated intellect, dignity and integrity oh the highest order.  IMO.  Well done them.   8@??)(
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:51 PM »
And I would disagree with that.  The McCanns demonstrated intellect, dignity and integrity oh the highest order.  IMO.  Well done them.   8@??)(

lol sure.  watching their interviews and 'friends' giving snippets of information... all very dignified in some quarters I am sure.

Although compare their interviews with Mr Lawrence and Mrs Payne and Mrs Jones as an example wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll.. Yeah  you get my drift.  ^*&&

Offline Erngath

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »

Agreed.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »
lol sure.  watching their interviews and 'friends' giving snippets of information... all very dignified in some quarters I am sure.

Although compare their interviews with Mr Lawrence and Mrs Payne and Mrs Jones as an example wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll.. Yeah  you get my drift.  ^*&&
It’s not a competition you know.

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2018, 08:55:59 PM »
It’s not a competition you know.

It isn't?   I was making comparisons of behaviour, quite a difference I would say.  Even if I did lend myself to MBM beibg abducted I would still find some their behaviour to be questionable.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »
It isn't?   I was making comparisons of behaviour, quite a difference I would say.  Even if I did lend myself to MBM beibg abducted I would still find some their behaviour to be questionable.
No, it’s it shouldn’t be a competition between parents of missing and dead children though the premise of this thread seems to be attempt to turn it into a competition about who is the most worthy parent in that situation, who deserves the highest accolades, and admiration, and your posts simply reinforce that impression.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2018, 11:29:40 PM »
No, it’s it shouldn’t be a competition between parents of missing and dead children though the premise of this thread seems to be attempt to turn it into a competition about who is the most worthy parent in that situation, who deserves the highest accolades, and admiration, and your posts simply reinforce that impression.

As the person who posted the OP my premise was to congratulate the fellow parent of a missing child on his OBE.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2018, 11:34:46 PM »
As the person who posted the OP my premise was to congratulate the fellow parent of a missing child on his OBE.
And yet within two or three posts it had turned into a criticism of Kate McCann - how very coincidental.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2018, 12:00:48 AM »
And yet within two or three posts it had turned into a criticism of Kate McCann - how very coincidental.

Threads tend to stray off topic. It’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:08 AM »
Well done Peter Lawrence who has received an OBE for his services to missing people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-46044626

Although Claudia's Law obviously has to be taken on a case-by-case basis, I'm sure that it will help the families of other missing adults who find themselves having to deal with their missing loved one's mortgages and loans on top of everything else.

Well done to him for his initiative.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2018, 07:17:11 AM »
Threads tend to stray off topic. It’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid.
LOL by post #2 in this instance, who’da thunk.