Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352911 times)

Offline Montclair

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »
WHAT! Are you having a larf? reporting most of the misinformation on the case, more like. But back then, Amaral used to write a column in CdM hadn't he?

No, I'm not having a laugh! This newspaper has very good sources.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »

I am. Did have, now they have none, because there's no one to leak to CdM.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
i'll await it from the pj's mouth carly not a tabloid article....we all heard from DCI redwoods mouth live on tv that the mccanns and their friends are NOT SUSPECTS !!

glad to see you can do something else though .....rather than (the parents left their babies alone and the pro's the pro's the pro's ...well done  8@??)(

Now don't go holding your breath, will you? Seems these Oporto PJ, are tight lipped, and can't be bought!
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline sadie

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »
Madeline McCann: Breakthrough as police hunt three 'gypsies' seen lurking nearby
27 October 2013 12:00 AM By Patrick Hill
The men were suspected of being behind a string of burglaries around the resort in the weeks leading up to the youngster being snatched
Priority: Man seen in newly-released e-fits
Police are hunting three men said to be gypsies seen lurking near Madeleine McCann’s holiday apartment before her disappearance, the Sunday People can reveal.

The men were suspected of being behind a string of burglaries around the resort in the weeks leading up to the youngster being snatched .

Police on the re-opened case want to interview janitors who blamed the gypsies for the break-ins.

Officers believe the maintenance men, who fixed a blind in the McCanns’ holiday flat two days before Madeleine went missing in May 2007, are crucial to the case.

Luis Ferro and Mario Moreira were ordered to flat 5A to mend a broken blind in Kate and Gerry’s bedroom at 10am on May 1.

Mr Ferro, quizzed by Portuguese police four days after Madeleine vanished, said gypsies had been ­active in the area at the time.

He mentioned a warehouse near the resort’s Millennium Restaurant where he said the three gypsies had stolen firewood and scrap metal.

The “potentially highly significant” evidence was dismissed as “not relevant or useful” by officers involved in the controversial initial probe – led by disgraced former police chief Goncalo Amaral.

PA

But it is now being taken seriously after a four-year-old blonde girl was last week found living with gypsies, who had bought her for just £750 in Greece.

"As part of the same line of inquiry, police are also re-examining a suspected sighting of Madeleine the day after she vanished.

The witness reported seeing a girl matching her description laying in the back of a white van driven by two “gypsies” 160 miles away."

The new probe by Portuguese and British police has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry, both 45.

Police in Portugal have drawn up a list of 41 “people of interest” and e-fit ­pictures have been issued of a man seen carrying a child near the resort after Madeleine was taken.

Aged three, Madeleine vanished from the McCanns’ apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, while her ­parents were eating tapas nearby.

They are being kept briefed on developments, but their Portuguese lawyer Rogerio Alves said: “The police asked us not to compromise the investigation and we are obliged to respect the secrecy order.

“It would be a crime for anyone working with full information on the details to talk about it.”

Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, yesterday appealed for people to be “patient” as the new begins.

In a message on their Find Madeleine website, where they have posted a picture of how Maddy would look today aged nine, they asked people to “respect the work of the police as they endeavour to find the answers.”

They added: “We’re very pleased the investigation to find Madeleine has officially been reopened in Portugal.

Anyone with information should contact police, either here in the UK or in Portugal.”

McCanns 'pleased' as probe reopens
Extract:
"As part of the same line of inquiry, police are also re-examining a suspected sighting of Madeleine the day after she vanished.

The witness reported seeing a girl matching her description laying in the back of a white van driven by two “gypsies” 160 miles away."

That is the Carlos Moreira sighting at Samora Correira (east of Lisbon) at 8am the following morning,  With the big green roadside snack bar and the little girl sleeping on a pile of rags in the back of a white van. 

And fits my main theory exactly, timewise and geographical position

Online Eleanor

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2013, 12:04:45 AM »

Yer.  Bent Portuguese coppers.  Where else could they get their information from?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2013, 12:07:33 AM »

It does indeed fit your theory, Sadie.  Posted up many moons ago.

icabodcrane

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
Extract:

That is the Carlos Moreira sighting at Samora Correira (east of Lisbon) at 8am the following morning,  With the big green roadside snack bar and the little girl sleeping on a pile of rags in the back of a white van. 

And fits my main theory exactly, timewise and geographical position

Your  'main theory'  was shot to bits by Andy Redwood  on Crimewatch

Offline Benice

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2013, 12:47:49 AM »
Yer.  Bent Portuguese coppers.  Where else could they get their information from?

Ain't that the truth. 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

icabodcrane

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2013, 01:12:39 AM »
Ain't that the truth.

'bent Portuguese coppers'   is a phrase that you endorse   Benice  ? 

...  I didn't expect that from you

Offline sadie

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »
Your  'main theory'  was shot to bits by Andy Redwood  on Crimewatch
No sadies theory is NOT my main theory.  You got that wrong.  sadies theory was a bit of thoroughly thought out fun.  It fitted in every detail and might be the case.

But my main theory is what happened after PdL.    This theory fits an A4 thick folder and that went into SY ... and I aint sharing the details here.  But Carlos Moreiras sighting fitted in it.  I personally visited that snack bar and have a mini video, recorded accidentally, of the  snack bar "lady" screaming abuse at me. 

I hope that I have helped, but as always I am prepared to be wrong.  However, like the Mediterranean Island sighting, it fits my main theory perfectly ... and I cant help feeling excited.

icabodcrane

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2013, 01:30:21 AM »
No sadies theory is NOT my main theory.  You got that wrong.  sadies theory was a bit of thoroughly thought out fun.   

You've  been   having  FUN  with your theories about this missing child  ?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
No sadies theory is NOT my main theory.  You got that wrong.  sadies theory was a bit of thoroughly thought out fun.  It fitted in every detail and might be the case.

But my main theory is what happened after PdL.    This theory fits an A4 thick folder and that went into SY ... and I aint sharing the details here.  But Carlos Moreiras sighting fitted in it.  I personally visited that snack bar and have a mini video, recorded accidentally, of the  snack bar "lady" screaming abuse at me. 

I hope that I have helped, but as always I am prepared to be wrong.  However, like the Mediterranean Island sighting, it fits my main theory perfectly ... and I cant help feeling excited.

It would be great to hear it!

My theory is that it is an inside job.. i.e that there is a person who worked in OC who knows exactly what happened.
I wish they find that person..

Offline sadie

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2013, 01:55:56 AM »
You've  been   having  FUN  with your theories about this missing child  ?
It was fun working it out.  Just like doing a big puzzle.  You should try logic Icabod.  You might find it very gratifying when things fit into place.

And it is quite possibly still correct, in part or in total.  I have said all thru that it is only a theory but everything fits.

Your turn to produce a theory that fits in every detail.

Come on,  I challenge you. 

"The sadie / Icabod Challenge !" ... drum roll

icabodcrane

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2013, 02:30:14 AM »
It was fun working it out.  Just like doing a big puzzle.  You should try logic Icabod.  You might find it very gratifying when things fit into place.

And it is quite possibly still correct, in part or in total.  I have said all thru that it is only a theory but everything fits.

Your turn to produce a theory that fits in every detail.

Come on,  I challenge you. 

"The sadie / Icabod Challenge !" ... drum roll

Silence the drums  ...  I wouldn't dream of it

We could,  ALL  of us,  sit here and come up with a fairy story that  'fits'

Don't you understand that even those who encourage you know,  deep down,  that they shouldn't  ?

Even now, when Scotland Yard have said otherwise,  you persist with your nonsense   'theory'  ... it's time to take a step away  ...  get back to your own life

I say that sincerely  sadie ... and it's  meant more kindly than  any of the  'pat on the head'  rubbish you get from the  'pro's'  you so admire

You won't see that though,  will you  ?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2013, 03:23:11 AM »
Silence the drums  ...  I wouldn't dream of it

We could,  ALL  of us,  sit here and come up with a fairy story that  'fits'

Don't you understand that even those who encourage you know,  deep down,  that they shouldn't  ?

Even now, when Scotland Yard have said otherwise,  you persist with your nonsense   'theory'  ... it's time to take a step away  ...  get back to your own life

I say that sincerely  sadie ... and it's  meant more kindly than  any of the  'pat on the head'  rubbish you get from the  'pro's'  you so admire

You won't see that though,  will you  ?

My dear icabod, I am a great admirer of your meaningful and insightful posts, as you probably know, but I do have to correct you on one tiny aspect of the above.

If I, as a so-called 'pro' (though not one who is afraid to question the McCanns if I believe they are not acting in their own and their daughter's best interests), happen to be in agreement with sadie or anyone else on a certain point, it is not a matter of 'patting on the head'. We are all independent enough thinkers on this forum, and confident enough in the business of challenging each other, that such a concept is irrelevant here.

Advancing a theory - with the caveat that all or part of it could be proven wrong - is a crucial part of the investigative process, be that in crime, science, philosophy, or any serious endeavour. A person knows when they advance a theory that there's a good chance it could emerge weatherbeaten after submission to the rigours of inquiry and debate, and that that is the very mechanism for moving things forward.

It takes a great deal of courage to put ideas out there, especially in this case, because to this day nobody knows what has happened to Madeleine. It is an inevitability that many if not most of us on this forum will be proven very wrong in much of what we have postulated and said.

Better to advance a theory and hold it up to the ravages of the various tempests that afflict it in the name of progress, than sit safely in one's armchair saying less for fear of making a mistake.

Not that I'm accusing you of that, icabod.

Just a brief defence of us 'theorists'.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:52:33 AM by Sherlock Holmes »