Author Topic: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)  (Read 71128 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Re: Julie Mugford (girlfriend)
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
The error seems pretty innocent but it does show how if she got the dates wrong she could just as easily be mistaken by the timing of the phone calls.  I continue to maintain that in the absence of digital/satellite technology it is all hopelessly unreliable with students dead to the world and clocks running fast/slow for an extra 10 mins kip etc. 

I haven't seen any evidence of any challenge to JM's testimony.  I understand the only time this happened was at trial by Geoffrey Rivlin QC but I don't believe any transcript exists so I wouldn't like to comment on whether or not it was capable of standing up to scrutiny.  I believe GR asked the jury to consider whether they were dealing with a consummate actor or actress.  Unfortunately we don't know what weight the jury gave to her testimony.  As far as I can see from  the jury's deliberations and request for further direction from the judge it appears the emphasis was on the silencer evidence  8-)(--)

Her WS of 8th August makes reference to "Friday 1st August" when in fact it should be Friday 2nd August.  She continues with this train of dates ie Saturday 2nd August etc, etc.

But it wasn't just Julie giving the time of Jeremy's call ... 2 other housemates gave sworn statements it was 20 minutes plus before Bamber said his father called him and he called the police! This is just one more damning piece of evidence against Bamber!

We know for a fact JB did call JM around that time! It makes no sense to me for Bamber to call Julie after the frantic call from his father needing help. But it makes perfect sense to me that Bamber would call her upon his return from his murder spree.

My guess is JB needed a friendly voice and support after the killings and to warn her that the sh1t was about to hit the fan! Perhaps too to stop her leaving the flat that morning as he wanted her with him and a few hours later she was indeed driven to Goldhanger by the police at Bamber's request!

Bamber's 'story' is incredulous to me and has nothing to support it whereas Julie's story makes perfect sense and has independent witness support!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
Even though Julie voluntarily admitted cheque fraud, low level drug dealing for Jeremy and being party to the Osea burglary she only 'came clean' to then commit a far more serious crime of perjury in a Crown Court murder trial! This career teacher is obviously a master manipulator with a vicious streak and has no conscience!

Just like Robert, Ann, David, Colin etc. are a bunch of lying, greedy thieves again with no conscience willing to risk serious criminal charges to frame an innocent family member who they know just lost his mum, dad, sister and nephews to murder/suicide!

Just like Stan Jones, Bewes and half of Essex Police are all bent corrupt coppers willing to risk their careers and lengthy prison sentences for perjury and perverting the course of justice to frame an innocent man for the worst possible crime!
Many Bamberettes believe these coppers are also murderers too who knocked off their boss Taff Jones for not going along with their dastardly plan! I haven't quite established why all these coppers would take such personal risks!

Obviously many others including Julie's flatmates, the SOCO officers, the armed police response team, the trial judge, the forensic laboratory scientists, the COLP, the CCRC, the Appeal Court judges, Dr. Ferguson, Barbara Wilson, Brett Collins, various Fleet Street journalists and most of the trial jury are complicit in the frame up to various degrees!

This must be one of the worst miscarriages of justice in criminal history involving over a 100 miscreants with no conscience whatsoever and with no fear of losing their careers and/or reputations and/or their liberty!

Either this is all true or Jetemy Bamber is a murdering sociopath! 

Errrrmmmm .... that's a tough one, isn't it? 8-)(--)

What you have described above are features of a MoJ:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2001/life_of_crime/miscarriages.stm

"A miscarriage of justice can result from non-disclosure of evidence by police or prosecution, fabrication of evidence, poor identification, overestimation of the evidential value of expert testimony, unreliable confessions due to police pressure or psychological instability and misdirection by a judge during trial"

http://sixthformlaw.info/01_modules/other_material/law_and_justice/4_miscarriages.htm

"How do miscarriages of justice occur?

• Deliberate fabrication of evidence

• Human error, mistake, both police and lay witnesses may prove to be unreliable when attempting to identify an offender.

• Scientific evidence unreliable.  This can occur because of incompetent scientists or genuine error.  Expert evidence may not have been properly researched or there may have been a deliberate attempt to undermine the system by giving false evidence.  In R v Dallager (2002), ear print identification was wrong.

• Jury problems.   The evidential value of expert testimony can be overestimated.  If there is a conflict of evidence, there is no way of ensuring the jury will always get it right.  No human system can expect to be perfect.

• Unreliable confessions, as a result of police pressure or mental instability 

• Non-disclosure of relevant evidence to the defence

• The conduct of the trial, particularly the judges summing up, this was dramatically demonstrated in R v  Bentley.

• Jury and magistrates can be prejudice.  The accused may be viewed in a prejudicial manner because be is of a different race, or other reasons,

• There are problems with the appeal process; there are limited grounds for appeal 

• Institutions are inadequate. State agencies fail to protect or vindicate rights, or laws, which are inherently contradictory to the concept of individual rights"

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2014, 04:05:28 PM »
I am not sure if you're just stubborn or it's a feature of your OCD Holly, but there must be a reason a smart bird like you refuses to see the wood for the trees! The mountain of evidence against Bamber is so compelling !

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2014, 06:37:44 PM »
What you have described above are features of a MoJ:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/uk/2001/life_of_crime/miscarriages.stm

"A miscarriage of justice can result from non-disclosure of evidence by police or prosecution, fabrication of evidence, poor identification, overestimation of the evidential value of expert testimony, unreliable confessions due to police pressure or psychological instability and misdirection by a judge during trial"

http://sixthformlaw.info/01_modules/other_material/law_and_justice/4_miscarriages.htm

"How do miscarriages of justice occur?

• Deliberate fabrication of evidence

• Human error, mistake, both police and lay witnesses may prove to be unreliable when attempting to identify an offender.

• Scientific evidence unreliable.  This can occur because of incompetent scientists or genuine error.  Expert evidence may not have been properly researched or there may have been a deliberate attempt to undermine the system by giving false evidence.  In R v Dallager (2002), ear print identification was wrong.

• Jury problems.   The evidential value of expert testimony can be overestimated.  If there is a conflict of evidence, there is no way of ensuring the jury will always get it right.  No human system can expect to be perfect.

• Unreliable confessions, as a result of police pressure or mental instability 

• Non-disclosure of relevant evidence to the defence

• The conduct of the trial, particularly the judges summing up, this was dramatically demonstrated in R v  Bentley.

• Jury and magistrates can be prejudice.  The accused may be viewed in a prejudicial manner because be is of a different race, or other reasons,

• There are problems with the appeal process; there are limited grounds for appeal 

• Institutions are inadequate. State agencies fail to protect or vindicate rights, or laws, which are inherently contradictory to the concept of individual rights"

You ignore that in known MOJ cases the aforementioned were proven.  You make unsubstantiated allegations merely.

You claim evidence is unreliable but failed miserably at demonstrating it.  When challenged for proof you say you have the right to believe anything you desire so need no proof.

Anytime push comes to shove you run for cover claiming you have the right to believe as you like.

You have articulated no valid basis for your  suppoes beliefs and at the end decided you will take leaps of faith for Jeremy merely.

So there is no eivdence of an MOJ here you just choose to believe there was.
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
The following has recently been posted by Jane J on the Blue forum:

"So you don't find it odd, that having whittered on about the relatives -at one point, I believe, taking them to court- he has never ONCE said anything regarding Julie's part, equally damning, in getting him convicted. One HAS to ask why he hasn't screamed her betrayal from the roof-tops. Could this be:-

A) He's being chivalrous

B) There's no money involved

C) She's got him by the short and curlies and the moment he starts talking about what may have been her part in what happened, he risks dropping himself in it big time."

Jane J if you happen to read this forum may I point you in the direction of JB's 'official' website where I think you will find much evidence of JB condemning JM for her part in his conviction.   

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »
It seems Jackie Preece has a big problem with Julie Mugford or Julie Smerchanski as she now is. She squawks on the Bamber forum...

Evil vile witch  as 'she knew them very well  if Jeremy was allegedly the murderer who had supposedly confessed to him

I wonder if she thought of those twins bodies in the mortuary when she was @@@@ing Jeremy.

Or was it all a figment of her imagination?

Either way she doesnt deserve to be on this planet

I wonder if she thought of those beautiful innocent twins when she was downing champagne with her mother courtesy of NOTW

If Jeremy is proven innocent I will make sure the whole of Canada knows all about her

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,958.msg49891.html#msg49891
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
What are people's views on Julie Mugford? I lurch between she must have been terrified to breathe a word... if he can wipe out his own parents, sister and his two little nephews, what more is he capable of? etc. However, then she accompanies him on his little 'trips' and to the funeral. Wouldn't any sane rational person ave run a bl**dy mile? or 500 miles! Don't get me wrong, she bravely took the stand and gave a creditable account, but still it all feels quite strange. She was very young and besotted by a man, but she was also an intelligent woman. I am certain the jury would have thought about this, and they still found him guilty, so it isn't for me a dealbreaker, but I have always wondered.

Julie Mugford was involved with an extremely dangerous and highly disordered man. IMO, leading up to and following the murders she would not have been able to see the wood through the trees due to Jeremy Bamber's pathological mind games and all that comes with these types of relationships. I speak from my own experiences.
I'm sure with hindsight she'd wished she'd have run a bloody mile but she was under Bamber's spell, also referred to as the psychopathic bond. http://psychopathsandlove.com/stages-of-the-psychopathic-relationship/

And as I've pointed out before, Julie would have had a trauma bond with Bamber https://victimsofpsychopaths.wordpress.com/stockholm-syndrome/

"Pathological mind games. Covert and overt put-downs. Triangulation. Gaslighting. Projection. These are the manipulative tactics survivors of malignant narcissists are unfortunately all too familiar with. As victims of silent crimes where the perpetrators are rarely held accountable, survivors of narcissistic abuse have lived in a war zone of epic proportions, enduring an abuse cycle of love-bombing and devaluation—psychological violence on steroids." quote by Shahida Arabi a Narcissitic abuse expert

Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome is a condition that’s triggered by being in a warzone with a Narcisisstic personality in command (or multiple ones). "Unlike physical abuse where a single strike or blow, often leaves marks or bruises and qualifies an act of domestic violence, narcissistic abuse is invisible. Narcissistic abuse is the sum of many unseen injuries. It’s an indiscernible assault on the spirit, identity, and the psyche of the victim. The impact is cumulative, and its full effect isn't felt until the damage is extensive. Although bruises and broken bones heal much faster than a broken spirit, narcissistic abuse tends to go unnoticed because there aren’t any laws prohibiting mind games, browbeating, or name calling." http://narcissisticvictimsyndrome.com

NAS often develops as the result of psychological and emotional abuse, spiritual abuse, gaslighting, baiting and bashing, belittiling, hidden abuse, shaming, projection, smear campaigns, a false narrative, threats, distortion of conversations, circular conversations, word salad games, exploitative games, refusal to ever have a normal conversation, diversion and false accusations, omition of facts for the benefit of one person and the destruction of another. It is a type of PTSD. It often causes victims to feel defenseless and beaten down.

"When the victim has been romantically targeted by a psychopath, others may sincerely try to empathize with the victim, but as experts point out, most people really can’t understand what the victim has been through in a relationship with a psychopath unless they have been the victim of a psychopath themselves.  The depth and level of the mind f*ck of a without conscience psychopath is really indescribable. Sandra L Brown

Thankfully Essex police recognised this!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:09:02 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »
What are people's views on Julie Mugford? I lurch between she must have been terrified to breathe a word... if he can wipe out his own parents, sister and his two little nephews, what more is he capable of? etc. However, then she accompanies him on his little 'trips' and to the funeral. Wouldn't any sane rational person ave run a bl**dy mile? or 500 miles! Don't get me wrong, she bravely took the stand and gave a creditable account, but still it all feels quite strange. She was very young and besotted by a man, but she was also an intelligent woman. I am certain the jury would have thought about this, and they still found him guilty, so it isn't for me a dealbreaker, but I have always wondered.

With reference to Julie Mugford, I should add,

"Survivors also ‘bond’ with their abusers through intense, traumatic experiences, which makes them likely to protect their abusers due to their own sense of cognitive dissonance about the abuser’s true self. They are conflicted due to the nature of the trauma, the dependence they developed as an effort to survive, as well as the fear of retaliation from their often more powerful partners. As a result, by the time survivors speak their truth, society may doubt their credibility.
http://www.shaktiyogijournal.com/how-society-enables-malignant-narcissists-and-gaslights-their-victims/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2020, 03:34:14 PM »
The Guardian, Thursday 29 March 2012 

Now Bamber's lawyers have discovered Mugford testified against him after police decided to drop investigations into criminal offences she had allegedly committed before the trial. Documents only recently disclosed to Bamber detail how Mugford was accused of burglary, smuggling cannabis into the UK from Canada and cheque fraud.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/29/jeremy-bamber-appeal-evidence-itv

Who was Bamber’s solicitor at this time ?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2020, 03:53:28 PM »

The above article was written by Eric Allison and published on the 29th March 2012

The following was published on 7th May 2012 https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/may/07/jeremy-bamber-lawyers-challenge-refusal-appeal

The names of Bamber’s legal team again appear to be anonymous ?

The byline of the article reads,

Criminal Cases Review Commission acted 'unlawfully and overstepped its powers' say lawyers for the convicted murderer’

In a letter of claim to the CCRC, seen by the Guardian, Bamber's lawyers describe this reference as a "gross misrepresentation of the nature and content of the submissions". They say the commission should not dismiss expert evidence without calling for expert opinion countering it. They accuse the CCRC of "advancing expert opinion which, in the absence of the relevant expertise, it is not equipped to do".

The lawyers say the basis of a judicial review of the CCRC's decision will be that it acted unlawfully in applying the wrong test in determining whether to refer the case back to appeal, and failed to provide reasons why the correct test was not carried out.

What evidence was there/is there that JM had allegedly been accused of ‘smuggling cannabis into the UK from Canada‘ ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:58:55 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2020, 03:59:33 PM »
The above article was written by Eric Allison and published on the 29th March 2012

The following was published on 7th May 2012 https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/may/07/jeremy-bamber-lawyers-challenge-refusal-appeal

The names of Bamber’s legal team again appear to be anonymous ?

The byline of the article reads,

Criminal Cases Review Commission acted 'unlawfully and overstepped its powers' say lawyers for the convicted murderer’

In a letter of claim to the CCRC, seen by the Guardian, Bamber's lawyers describe this reference as a "gross misrepresentation of the nature and content of the submissions". They say the commission should not dismiss expert evidence without calling for expert opinion countering it. They accuse the CCRC of "advancing expert opinion which, in the absence of the relevant expertise, it is not equipped to do".

The lawyers say the basis of a judicial review of the CCRC's decision will be that it acted unlawfully in applying the wrong test in determining whether to refer the case back to appeal, and failed to provide reasons why the correct test was not carried out.

What evidence is there that JM allegedly ‘smuggled drugs from Canada’ ?

I think it was Ewan smith at the time.  He’s had so many I’ve lost count.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2020, 04:01:38 PM »

This article names Simon McKay but the other two appear to have omitted his name?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/26/jeremy-bamber-murder-appeal-thrown-out

So where’s the evidence to support the allegations JM was accused of ‘smuggling cannabis into the UK from Canada’ ?

Now Bamber's lawyers have discovered Mugford testified against him after police decided to drop investigations into criminal offences she had allegedly committed before the trial. Documents only recently disclosed to Bamber detail how Mugford was accused of burglary, smuggling cannabis into the UK from Canada and cheque fraud.

And if she’d not been to Canada until she moved over there after marrying, how was it possible for her to be accused of such in the first instance ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:06:38 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2020, 04:11:46 PM »
This article names Simon McKay but the other two appear to have omitted his name?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/26/jeremy-bamber-murder-appeal-thrown-out

So where’s the evidence to support the allegations JM was accused of ‘smuggling cannabis into the UK from Canada’ ?

And if she’d not been to Canada until she moved over there after marrying, how was it possible for her to be accused of such in the first instance ?

You’re probably right.  Ewan was around when I was, which is well befor McKay and the bamberettes.

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2020, 11:14:41 PM »
But it wasn't just Julie giving the time of Jeremy's call ... 2 other housemates gave sworn statements it was 20 minutes plus before Bamber said his father called him and he called the police! This is just one more damning piece of evidence against Bamber!

We know for a fact JB did call JM around that time! It makes no sense to me for Bamber to call Julie after the frantic call from his father needing help. But it makes perfect sense to me that Bamber would call her upon his return from his murder spree.

My guess is JB needed a friendly voice and support after the killings and to warn her that the sh1t was about to hit the fan! Perhaps too to stop her leaving the flat that morning as he wanted her with him and a few hours later she was indeed driven to Goldhanger by the police at Bamber's request!

Bamber's 'story' is incredulous to me and has nothing to support it whereas Julie's story makes perfect sense and has independent witness support!

That’s an excellent post, Tim 8@??)(

Particularly this point of yours:

“ Perhaps too to stop her leaving the flat that morning as he wanted her with him and a few hours later she was indeed driven to Goldhanger by the police at Bamber's request!”

I’ve wondered about that unnecessary phone call to Julie, and what you say makes perfect sense!
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2020, 12:17:27 AM »

That’s an excellent post, Tim 8@??)(

Particularly this point of yours:

“ Perhaps too to stop her leaving the flat that morning as he wanted her with him and a few hours later she was indeed driven to Goldhanger by the police at Bamber's request!”

I’ve wondered about that unnecessary phone call to Julie, and what you say makes perfect sense!

But what motivated Bamber to go to a pay phone down the road & call JM on the morning of the 7th Aug 1985 and get her picked up by the police and brought back to Essex ?

Was he using her as a cover of normalcy for example

He told Anji Greaves less than 11 days later he’d had enough of her

Anji Greaves
He told me he had been getting fed up of Julie and asked me how to tell her they were finished.
(The Sun 29th Oct 1986)

He also told Anji ‘he wanted to get married’
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:30:39 AM by Nicholas »