Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 527174 times)

Offline barrier

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
A further bit of reading brings this.

The Court does not act as a court of appeal in relation to national courts; it does not rehear cases, it cannot quash, vary or revise their decisions.

So the verdict of the supreme court stands and will remains as it is.

So the gist of it is any complaint is against the State of Portugal in allowing its courts to come to the decision and in doing so the McCann's feel that in some way it affects their human rights,what part is not known.imo to the last bit.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:08:47 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »

So the gist of it is any complaint is against the State of Portugal in allowing its courts to come to the decision and in doing so the McCann's feel that in some way it affects their human rights,what part is not known.imo to the last bit.

Thank you Barrier for that pertinent reminder. 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline Brietta

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
Just a reminder of whom can go to the ECHR and whom they can take on.
Note: a complaint cannot be made against an individual.
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf

The appeal court judges representing the Portuguese State made the ruling against the McCanns.  It is that which the McCanns are taking to the ECHR.  The repercussions will arise from that court's ruling.

The fact that as yet no money has changed hands ... suggests to me that if the ruling of the ECHR finds for the McCanns, I suggest that would overturn the appeal court ruling against them.  Thus reinstating the status quo of the original Portuguese finding in their favour.

What a pity OxfordB no longer posts with us ... he would have been able to explain it all to us chapter and verse
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 11:11:42 AM »

Everybody knows that. Its just that some are more reluctant to accept it than others.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
The appeal court judges representing the Portuguese State made the ruling against the McCanns.  It is that which the McCanns are taking to the ECHR.  The repercussions will arise from that court's ruling.

The fact that as yet no money has changed hands ... suggests to me that if the ruling of the ECHR finds for the McCanns, I suggest that would overturn the appeal court ruling against them.  Thus reinstating the status quo of the original Portuguese finding in their favour.

What a pity OxfordB no longer posts with us ... he would have been able to explain it all to us chapter and verse

See post 30,the judgement cannot be overturned.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »

The action against Amaral is over.

The E.C.H.R. is nothing to do with what the McCann's owe and the Portuguese Supreme Court Judgement cannot be overruled.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:20:15 AM by Eleanor »

Offline jassi

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »
The courts awarded costs against the McCanns. These were for legal services incurred by the case going to court.

Amaral has so far made no claim for damages.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:57:53 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »
The courts awarded costs against the McCanns. These were for legal services incurred by the case going to court.

Nor do I think he will ever be in the position to do so.  However, one hurdle at a time.  The McCann lawyers have applied to the ECHR ... it remains to be seen if that application is successful ... and if so most likely an even longer wait before judgement day.

Do I get the impression that Amaral is rapidly becoming a footnote in history?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:58:20 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »

If he had a heart he wouldn't.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:58:43 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »

Do I get the impression that Amaral is rapidly becoming a footnote in history?

Possibly,but no doubt some one with nothing better to do will drag his name into the equation at some stage in the future.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 12:25:30 PM »
i  think the mcanns  are addicted to the attention  they   get everybody knows   this   wont happen and yet supporters  lap it up  all imo

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »

You really ought to mug up on just what the ECHR can and cannot do.
I am not asking you to believe me I am asking you to believe what the ECHR say in all the guff available on the ECHR website and available in any decent reference library.
Your starter for 10.
http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf
What is the European Court of Human Rights not able to do for me?
The Court does not act as a court of appeal in relation to national
courts; it does not rehear cases, it cannot quash, vary or revise
their decisions.

The  Court  will  not  intercede  directly  on  your  behalf  with 
the  authority  you  are  complaining  about.  In  exceptional 
circumstances the Court may, however, grant interim measures.
As a matter of practice it only does so where there is a serious
risk of physical harm to the applicant.
The Court will not help you find or pay a lawyer to draw up your
application.
The Court cannot give you any information on legal provisions
in force in the State against which your complaints are directed.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
alice this is all spin imo dont you  think  anything to get themselves into newspapers etc

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »
alice this is all spin imo dont you  think  anything to get themselves into newspapers etc

I believe the good Drs McCann found themselves in a position where they could do little else regardless of its merit.
It has the potential for booting the can ten years down the track ....... but it has to clear the first hurdle yet with two more hurdles after that.
The case will be against The State of Portugal not Amaral which some seem to fail to grasp. In ten years time they may be awarded 70 grand compensation if they are lucky.
See Steel and Morris v UK.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 12:51:18 PM »
I believe the good Drs McCann found themselves in a position where they could do little else regardless of its merit.
It has the potential for booting the can ten years down the track ....... but it has to clear the first hurdle yet with two more hurdles after that.
The case will be against The State of Portugal not Amaral which some seem to fail to grasp. In ten years time they may be awarded 70 grand compensation if they are lucky.
See Steel and Morris v UK.

right so it doesnt affect amaral or his money at all does it?