Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 535444 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4170 on: February 12, 2021, 02:25:40 PM »
No, it's a fact in your opinion.

Let's look at what she said shall we.....

'Kate's book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to continue.'

How is that not an opinion?

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4171 on: February 12, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »
Apparently he's making yet another appearance in this latest 3 parter for Discovery - so the 'secret' is nothing of the sort.
FYI Amaral doesn't work for the PJ anymore though he does still seem to act as a conduit of information from them to the wider world.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4172 on: February 12, 2021, 05:14:59 PM »
Let's look at what she said shall we.....

'Kate's book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to continue.'

How is that not an opinion?
Because it is a fact.  She wrote a book and all proceeds went to the fund as verified by the fund accounts.  The Fund’s aim is to help with the search for Madeleine.  If you didpute any of this then kindly provide evidence for your claims, with cites, and remember not to libel or goad anyone, otherwise you’ll be in big trub.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4173 on: February 12, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
Because it is a fact.  She wrote a book and all proceeds went to the fund as verified by the fund accounts.  The Fund’s aim is to help with the search for Madeleine.  If you didpute any of this then kindly provide evidence for your claims, with cites, and remember not to libel or goad anyone, otherwise you’ll be in big trub.

We only have Kate's word that...

'the book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to coninue.'

It's quite possible the book was also written with specific purpose to counter the allegations made against them & present their version of events.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4174 on: February 12, 2021, 05:24:50 PM »
He retired to become a published author.  He knew he had a story to tell that lots of people would want to read as he had presided over the most talked about case in his country's recent history.  He and his publisher knew he was sitting on a goldmine and only a very naive person would think he hadn't cottoned onto this fact.
I was looking at the reason he retired from the police.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4175 on: February 12, 2021, 05:29:49 PM »

'the book was written for the specific purpose of raising money for Madeleine's fund to enable the search for Madeleine to coninue.'

It's quite possible the book was also written with specific purpose to counter the allegations made against them & present their version of events.

I always thought that was the main reason, though the cash it raised  was obviously handy.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4176 on: February 12, 2021, 05:32:46 PM »

And that’s your opnion not a fact.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4177 on: February 12, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »

There comes a time in life when you get sick of the shit you have to deal with on a daily basis, and  early retirement has great attraction.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4178 on: February 12, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »

Amaral retired from The PJ because they wouldn't give him permission to publish his Book while still employed by them.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4179 on: February 12, 2021, 05:35:32 PM »
There comes a time in life when you get sick of the shit you have to deal with on a daily basis, and  early retirement has great attraction.
Especially when it means you can exploit your former position to pursue a lucrative career as a talking head and author about the most famous missing person case ever.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4180 on: February 12, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
And that’s your opnion not a fact.

If you say so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to prove Kate's intentions, you just need to ask Kate, & she has to be telling the absolute truth.

Get back to me when that happens.

Thanks.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4181 on: February 12, 2021, 05:37:19 PM »
If you say so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to prove Kate's intentions, you just need to ask Kate, & she has to be telling the absolute truth.

Get back to me when that happens.

Thanks.
I don’t need to ask anyone anything, it’s self evident.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4182 on: February 12, 2021, 05:40:07 PM »
I don’t need to ask anyone anything, it’s self evident.

What's self evident is that in order to know if the statement were utterly true, you would have to be Kate McCann.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4183 on: February 12, 2021, 05:42:36 PM »
Amaral retired from The PJ because they wouldn't give him permission to publish his Book while still employed by them.
The police sign some sort of declaration that they won't talk about cases they are working on, but I'm surprised that declaration stops when they resign.  Maybe the stick is the termination of employment.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4184 on: February 12, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
Who actually believes Amaral didn’t know in advance that the book was going to be huge as claimed by G-Unit?  This article rather puts it into context - his publisher had an initial print run of 40,000 copies.

A copper without shame: Maddie's top detective blames everyone but himself
21:10, 25 July 2008
By Richard Pendlebury for the Daily Mail

El Corte Ingles is Lisbon's grandest department store. The name loosely translates as 'The English Style', though 'corte' can also mean a cut, as from a knife.

Perhaps the ambiguity amused super sleuth Goncalo Amaral, for this was the location he chose on Thursday evening to launch the 'confidencial' inside story of his most sensational case: the mystery of Madeleine McCann.

The portly detective sat before a table piled high with his newly published paperback memoir of the investigation, ready to be signed and sold at £10 apiece. Hundreds of local people had queued to see him.

Enlarge   Portugal's former top investigator Goncalo Amaral poses with his book entitled 'Maddie:The Truth about the Lie'
Portugal's former top investigator Goncalo Amaral poses with his book entitled 'Maddie:The Truth about the Lie'

As the officer in charge of the hunt for Madeleine from the night she vanished until he was fired from the case last October, Amaral, 48, presided over the shredding of the reputation of the Portuguese CID.

With a perjury charge still hanging over him, connected to an alleged assault in a separate missing-child case, he has just taken early retirement to publish his book.

'I want to clear my name,' he says in the blurb. To this end, 40,000 copies of Maddie: A Verdade Da Mentira (The Truth Of The Lie) are to be printed in Portuguese alone. An English translation is being arranged, and lucrative international rights are being neglotiated.