Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531840 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2017, 11:36:33 PM »
I don't think there is one Brietta. I have googled sections both in English & after translating them into Portuguese but there are no results other than the Morais source.

So did I Misty.  With the same result.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2017, 12:00:06 AM »
Judges are wise people in most cases.
Have you ever read John Grishams "The Whistler"?   John was a lawyer himself and has said that he bases many of his books on real cases.

"The Whistler" is about a corrupt Lawyer who fixes cases to obtain rewards. 

Seems the States have an official body that watches Lawyers.  It is called the "Board on Judicial conduct" and its purpose is to investigate corrupt Lawyers.  And there are quite a few. 
What happens in one country is likely to happen in others.

I agree, most Judges are wise people.

Additionally, I seem to remember that a certain PJ senior OPfficer who we have mentioned on here before, had developed a massive data base which recorded the failings, (sexual inclinations, weaknesses and fiddles etc) of senior people within PT. and then was in a really powerful position to influence these people. 
Because I can no longer find details of this on the internet, I cannot mention his name.

So a Judge who for instance was having affairs, or liked children too much, would be easy to persuade I would think.

It also seems that some PT Judges turn a blind eye to torture etc and accept unproven so called evidence when presented it by PJ Officers.

Offline sadie

« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »
No because I have never known it.  You tell me please?  Does he have jurisdiction in this case or was it just his opinion?

Good question.
Seems that the former Prime Minister was just stating an opinion Rob, cos no response from stephen to your question

Offline sadie

« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »
Sounds as bit like the Remoaners and their call for another referendum.   @)(++(*

If you don't like the result have another one!!
Hands up, I was guilty of that and I was wrong

But, my Gawd,  where ever the Pro Brexiteers wrong.  Headlines last week that some families will be £50 per week worse off because of leaving The EU.  That is enough to break some families.

Offline misty

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2017, 12:15:51 AM »
So did I Misty.  With the same result.

It's funny what you can find when googling a name & find something unconnected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/world/europe/sex-after-50-portugal-european-court.html

What stood out for me in the article (aside from how women are perceived by the judicial system in Portugal) was that the appellant apparently intends to go back to the Portuguese courts to re-open the case after the ECHR ruling.

Offline sadie

« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2017, 12:33:21 AM »
The McCanns behaviour has raised many an eyebrow.  Your three-year-old kid disappears and instead of getting involved in the search and investigation they go out jogging in full view of the press.  I don't know about anyone else but to me that smacks of extreme callousness.

The European Court is only interested in human rights.  What about Maddie's human rights?  Wasn't she entitled to a reasonable level of care from her parents?
It is a medically known method of helping overcome anxiety and depression

From Google:
According to some studies, regular exercise works as well as medication for some people to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, and the effects can be long lasting. One vigorous exercise session can help alleviate symptoms for hours, and a regular schedule may significantly reduce them over time.

The Mccanns did exactly the right thing, in jogging, to clear their brains for the search and enable them to carry on being as near normal as possible with the twins

Offline John

« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2017, 12:36:29 AM »
Hands up, I was guilty of that and I was wrong

But, my Gawd,  where ever the Pro Brexiteers wrong.  Headlines last week that some families will be £50 per week worse off because of leaving The EU.  That is enough to break some families.

A price well worth paying if it was true.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
A price well worth paying if it was true.

Worth paying for what John ?

People being worse off ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:39:31 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
Worth paying for what John ?

People being worse off ?

Hear, Hear.

It might not affect the rich so much, but some poor folk will be destroyed by losing £50 per week.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2017, 09:45:43 AM »
Hear, Hear.

It might not affect the rich so much, but some poor folk will be destroyed by losing £50 per week.

We seem to be wandering off topic, but I have to mention that the loss of £50 per week by 2020 for some families is isn't just caused by Brexit, it's only responsible for inflation;

Inflation is expected to continue to rise with the Brexit effect, a lack of available social housing and the costs of privately renting escalating ever upwards in comparison with wages, the poorest families and individuals are expected to bear the brunt, the report indicates.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/austerity-welfare-benefit-cuts-poor-families-worse-off-under-tories-a7938656.html
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
The McCanns have often said that the only thing that matters is the search for their daughter. They said after the first judgement two years ago that their action against Amaral wasn't about money, it was  "entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine". Of course that wasn't the full story because "The court said it was not proven that the allegations made in the book “contributed to hindering, in any way, the course of the investigation” into Madeleine’s disappearance". In addition they received no award for their other children.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/28/madeleine-mccann-parents-win-libel-damages-goncalo-amaral-trial

Two years on they have gained nothing; in fact they are worse off both financially and reputationally. I assume they've paid the bill which arose after their injunction attempts, when the Appeal Court ordered them to pay the costs for those various hearings, but they now owe the costs of their opponents for a further three hearings plus 50% of their costs as a contribution to the cost of their lawyers.  [paragraph c) of paragraph 3 of the article 26 of Regulation of Lawsuit Costs] http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

They have now decided to take on the State of Portugal itself at the ECHR. That is clearly not about money, the search for their daughter or the effect of libels on their other children, it's now about their reputations only. Quite which of their human rights they think the State of Portugal has denied them I can't work out.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »
The McCanns have often said that the only thing that matters is the search for their daughter. They said after the first judgement two years ago that their action against Amaral wasn't about money, it was  "entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine". Of course that wasn't the full story because "The court said it was not proven that the allegations made in the book “contributed to hindering, in any way, the course of the investigation” into Madeleine’s disappearance". In addition they received no award for their other children.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/28/madeleine-mccann-parents-win-libel-damages-goncalo-amaral-trial

Two years on they have gained nothing; in fact they are worse off both financially and reputationally. I assume they've paid the bill which arose after their injunction attempts, when the Appeal Court ordered them to pay the costs for those various hearings, but they now owe the costs of their opponents for a further three hearings plus 50% of their costs as a contribution to the cost of their lawyers.  [paragraph c) of paragraph 3 of the article 26 of Regulation of Lawsuit Costs] http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

They have now decided to take on the State of Portugal itself at the ECHR. That is clearly not about money, the search for their daughter or the effect of libels on their other children, it's now about their reputations only. Quite which of their human rights they think the State of Portugal has denied them I can't work out.
We just have to wait and see. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »
We just have to wait and see.

At least it can't be blamed on Amaral or the Portuguese Judiciary if the ECHR reject their application or rule against the McCanns. That will make a refreshing change.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »
At least it can't be blamed on Amaral or the Portuguese Judiciary if the ECHR reject their application or rule against the McCanns. That will make a refreshing change.

Oh I think you will find they will have botched or bent something.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »

Think a little more deeply Gunit.

of course it is about their search for Madeleine and the effect of libels on their children.

If their names are blackened unfairly the funds and support needed for their search will just evaporate.

With no funds and no support their search would be damned