Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531703 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #825 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:09 AM »
As you said your Opinion.

Its what we discuss on here...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:27:22 AM by Eleanor »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #826 on: December 13, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »
my opinin is that the application will be accepted and I have clearly expalined which human rights have been affected so by your argument my opinion carries weight

You've given a quote from the first judgement and mentioned the balance between the right of free expression and the right to a good name.

Please explain how you think the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence was breached by the Portuguese state.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #827 on: December 13, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »
You've given a quote from the first judgement and mentioned the balance between the right of free expression and the right to a good name.

Please explain how you think the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence was breached by the Portuguese state.
my opinion is that the mccanns right to reputation has suffered by amarals claims...defamation....thats where the  claim will focus..imo... I also believe that absence of evidence is evidence of innocence...a claim denied by the SC

stephen25000

« Reply #828 on: December 13, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »
my opinion is that the mccanns right to reputation has suffered by amarals claims...defamation....thats where the  claim will focus..imo... I also believe that absence of evidence is evidence of innocence...a claim denied by the SC

They have failed to prove that.

You merely need to read through the Supreme Court Judgement to see why the Mccann's failed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:58:54 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #829 on: December 13, 2017, 10:58:23 AM »
They have failed to prove that.

You merely need to read through the Supreme Court Judgement yo see why the Mccann's failed.

They have failed to prove that in the portugues courts...thats why they have now gone to Europe....tHe SC judgement is an opinion by the SC Judges...an interpretation....teh ECHR may not agree with their reasoning..imo

stephen25000

« Reply #830 on: December 13, 2017, 10:59:34 AM »
They have failed to prove that in the portugues courts...thats why they have now gone to Europe....tHe SC judgement is an opinion by the SC Judges...an interpretation....teh ECHR may not agree with their reasoning..imo

Where is the proof they have appealed to the E.C.H.R.  ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #831 on: December 13, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
Another interesting point is that theSC seem to have based their judgement on the fact that the Mccnans are public figures....I think they are wrong on that too

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #832 on: December 13, 2017, 11:01:16 AM »
Where is the proof they have appealed to the E.C.H.R.  ?

evidence but no proof at the moment..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #833 on: December 13, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
stephen...you claim to have spoken to  barrister about the case...why are you so reluctant to share...does it not support your argument

stephen25000

« Reply #834 on: December 13, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »
Another interesting point is that theSC seem to have based their judgement on the fact that the Mccnans are public figures....I think they are wrong on that too

Wrong.

The Mccann's placed themselves in the public eye, and that includes their private lives.

In my opinion, a very foolish mistake to make.

stephen25000

« Reply #835 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:39 AM »
stephen...you claim to have spoken to  barrister about the case...why are you so reluctant to share...does it not support your argument

I would not have mentioned him, if he had not advised me on the matter. One of his areas of expertise is in human rights cases and he works in relation to the E.C.H.R.

You will be pleased to here I will be seeing him later today.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:15:23 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #836 on: December 13, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
Wrong.

The Mccann's placed themselves in the public eye, and that includes their private lives.

In my opinion, a very foolish mistake to make.

wrong iyo

the fact they placed themselves in the public eye does not make them public figures...imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #837 on: December 13, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
I would not have mentioned him, if he had not advised me on the matter. One of his areas of expertise is in human rights cases and he works in relation to the E.C.H.R.

You will be pleased to here I will be seeing him later today.

But you have nothing to say from him that supports your view...thats the important thing

stephen25000

« Reply #838 on: December 13, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
But you have nothing to say from him that supports your view...thats the important thing

Wrong Davel.

Believe what you wish. It won't change a thing.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #839 on: December 13, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
We have all aired our opinions until someone has something new to bring to the discussion maybe have a break.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.