Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531676 times)

stephen25000

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #930 on: December 14, 2017, 09:33:59 AM »
Google article 8 and defemation

Article 8 has already been posted and read.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #931 on: December 14, 2017, 09:48:21 AM »
Article 8 has already been posted and read.

Article 8 covers defamation

stephen25000

« Reply #932 on: December 14, 2017, 09:50:39 AM »

You do realize by know, you have no chance whatsoever of convincing me of that.

The Portuguese case is done and dusted.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #933 on: December 14, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »

It is used to cover a number of things. Invoking it is not straightforward.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #934 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
It is used to cover a number of things. Invoking it is not straightforward.

I wouldn't expect it be straight forward

Offline sadie

« Reply #935 on: December 14, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »
IMO it's not good enough -  especially for Judges  - to state that the facts in the book etc are MOSTLY facts that took place in the investigation and are documented as such..      How much is 'MOSTLY in their opinion?    With no clarification It could be anything from 99% down to 51%.

AFAIAC this is the same as saying that as long as MOST of the book is factual  and documented as such  - then the fact that parts of it are  NOT factual and documented  doesn't matter  - even if those parts  have been presented to the public as if they were true documented facts and insodoing have damaged another person's reputation.

How anyone can agree that Judges using the 'MOSTLY.' criterion as proof that a book is not defamatory -  is a fair and acceptable method is inexplicable to me.

The book is either libellous or it isn't.   It can't be a little bit libellous.

I'm interested to hear your own opinion of the book G?

AIMHO

8@??)(

Brilliant post Benice.   I thought exactly the same but couldn't have worded it as clearly as you did

Offline Lace

« Reply #936 on: December 14, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »
IMO it's not good enough -  especially for Judges  - to state that the facts in the book etc are MOSTLY facts that took place in the investigation and are documented as such..      How much is 'MOSTLY in their opinion?    With no clarification It could be anything from 99% down to 51%.

AFAIAC this is the same as saying that as long as MOST of the book is factual  and documented as such  - then the fact that parts of it are  NOT factual and documented  doesn't matter  - even if those parts  have been presented to the public as if they were true documented facts and insodoing have damaged another person's reputation.

How anyone can agree that Judges using the 'MOSTLY.' criterion as proof that a book is not defamatory -  is a fair and acceptable method is inexplicable to me.

The book is either libellous or it isn't.   It can't be a little bit libellous.

I'm interested to hear your own opinion of the book G?

AIMHO

Well said Benice.

The important bits in my opinion were not true.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:26:21 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #937 on: December 14, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
You do realize by know, you have no chance whatsoever of convincing me of that.

The Portuguese case is done and dusted.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything...just giving my opinions

Offline Brietta

« Reply #938 on: December 14, 2017, 03:00:35 PM »
Are we saying we cannot take as fact that Eddie did not discover a body at Jersey....I did think that was a fact that no body was found

It is a fact that no cadavers were found in Jersey.

https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20WiltshireOperationHavenRedacted%2020081112%20JN.pdf
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #939 on: December 14, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »
Human bones were found.

It is a fact that no cadavers were found.

The bones were historic and the milk teeth also found were just that ... milk teeth.

The 'coconut' was not a child's skull.

Please read the link if you can't accept my word for it, thank you.

https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20WiltshireOperationHavenRedacted%2020081112%20JN.pdf
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
Polite reminder ... we are off topic ... the topic is  'McCanns  appeal to the European Court of Human Rights'

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
Polite reminder ... we are off topic ... the topic is  'McCanns  appeal to the European Court of Human Rights'

Beat me to it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline barrier

« Reply #942 on: December 14, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »
Then physician heal thyself,quick enough to delete my post.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #943 on: December 14, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
So, is there actually any proof the Mccanns have appealed  ?

Offline barrier

« Reply #944 on: December 14, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
So, is there actually any proof the Mccanns have appealed  ?

No,except for some tittle tattle in a newspaper article from a man who the head of the Portuguese police federation was less than complimentary about.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.