Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531824 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1005 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:27 PM »
It's evidence that they say they've applied to the ECHR, not that they have.

Gemma O'Doherty said the BBC agreed to cut their comment about the Smiths from their video and they did so. Unless you have evidence that they did it for another reason you can't prove her wrong.

its proof that they say they have applied...you are confusing evidence and proof again
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:51:42 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1006 on: February 07, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »
No doubt she will be devastated to learn that

I'm quite sure Ms O'Doherty doesn't know I exist nor would she be interested in my opinion if she did.

However it is not my opinion she needs to worry about; there are those with opinions of far more relevance to her who may be wondering about her twitter activities versus her credibility.
I wonder if it will really be worth it for her in the long term.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1007 on: February 07, 2018, 08:28:36 PM »
So easily done; especially as Roger's Brontosaurus offers "proof" as a synonym of "evidence".
We has a difference of opinion it seems.
Maybe you will apprise us why you believe the thesaurus to be in error?

thesauras.com gives not guilty as a synonym of innocent...as does Rogets...in the light of this would you like to reconsider your response to my post...looks like Im right and roger and you are wrong
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:31:25 PM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1008 on: February 07, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »
I'm quite sure Ms O'Doherty doesn't know I exist nor would she be interested in my opinion if she did.

However it is not my opinion she needs to worry about; there are those with opinions of far more relevance to her who may be wondering about her twitter activities versus her credibility.
I wonder if it will really be worth it for her in the long term.

There seems to be only one set of people who are questioning her truthfulness.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1009 on: February 07, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »
thesauras.com gives not guilty as a synonym of innocent...as does Rogets...in the light of this would you like to reconsider your response to my post...looks like Im right and roger and you are wrong

We were discussing evidence and proof.
NOT "not guilty" and "innocent". However given that innocent and guilty are strict terms the brontosaurus is correct and you my son have been rogered with the rough end of the pineappple.... @)(++(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1010 on: February 08, 2018, 12:18:15 AM »
There seems to be only one set of people who are questioning her truthfulness.

If you are content to accept every unsubstantiated claim this individual makes without question ... why do you feel it necessary to question the veracity of forum members by demanding cites for everything posted on the forum?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1011 on: February 08, 2018, 12:40:34 AM »
If you are content to accept every unsubstantiated claim this individual makes without question ... why do you feel it necessary to question the veracity of forum members by demanding cites for everything posted on the forum?

Isn't it you who does that Brietta ?

Anyway outwith the question of Miss O'Doherty's credibility what we do now know for sure is when the Panorama 10th Anniversary programme was aired it claimed that Martin Smith had retracted his identification of Gerry and that has now been cut from the programme. Whether it was as a result of the actions of Miss O'Doherty, Martin Smith or Uncle Tom Cobbley it is a fact and the only logical inference that can be drawn from the BBC's actions is that they have now conceded that Martin Smith did not retract his identification.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1012 on: February 08, 2018, 02:04:09 AM »
Isn't it you who does that Brietta ?

Anyway outwith the question of Miss O'Doherty's credibility what we do now know for sure is when the Panorama 10th Anniversary programme was aired it claimed that Martin Smith had retracted his identification of Gerry and that has now been cut from the programme. Whether it was as a result of the actions of Miss O'Doherty, Martin Smith or Uncle Tom Cobbley it is a fact and the only logical inference that can be drawn from the BBC's actions is that they have now conceded that Martin Smith did not retract his identification.

Ensuring the probity of comments made is what mods do, don't you know?

Just as you wouldn't be forced into guesswork regarding what the BBC programme makers did or did not do if Ms Doherty had been able to substantiate the claim she made.
Which apparently she cannot do.

Despite the big build up and the expectations raised I'm afraid no provenance equals, in my opinion, another great big zero and a total waste of space. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1013 on: February 08, 2018, 02:29:04 AM »
Ensuring the probity of comments made is what mods do, don't you know?

Just as you wouldn't be forced into guesswork regarding what the BBC programme makers did or did not do if Ms Doherty had been able to substantiate the claim she made.
Which apparently she cannot do.

Despite the big build up and the expectations raised I'm afraid no provenance equals, in my opinion, another great big zero and a total waste of space.

It was a bit pathetic, wasn't it.  Even I hoped for something a trifle more riveting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1014 on: February 08, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »
We were discussing evidence and proof.
NOT "not guilty" and "innocent". However given that innocent and guilty are strict terms the brontosaurus is correct and you my son have been rogered with the rough end of the pineappple.... @)(++(*

lets discuss evidence and proof...you claim they have the same meaning and cite roget in support...so...take the statement...

the smith sighting is evidence but not proof that Gerry was seen carrying a child that night...

if evidence and proof have the same meaning we should be able to interchange them...

so......
the smith sighting is proof but not evidence that gerry was seen carrying a child that night

doesnt work does it...because they ahve different meanings

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1015 on: February 08, 2018, 08:23:43 AM »
lets discuss evidence and proof...you claim they have the same meaning and cite roget in support...so...take the statement...

the smith sighting is evidence but not proof that Gerry was seen carrying a child that night...

if evidence and proof have the same meaning we should be able to interchange them...

so......
the smith sighting is proof but not evidence that gerry was seen carrying a child that night

doesnt work does it...because they ahve different meanings
That is rather strange considering evidence and proof are synonyms yet they aren't transferable as you have demonstrated.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1016 on: February 08, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »

We have cites for Ms O’Doherty’s statements about the Smith’s as Ms O’Doherty is not a member of this forum suggesting that she needs to provide cites is somewhat bizarre.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1017 on: February 08, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »
We have cites for Ms O’Doherty’s statements about the Smith’s as Ms O’Doherty is not a member of this forum suggesting that she needs to provide cites is somewhat bizarre.

Brietta has not  asked for a cite...what she is saying is that posters who normally refuse to accept statemnts without cites accept an unsubstantiated quote by a journalist as fact...

Offline jassi

« Reply #1018 on: February 08, 2018, 08:45:02 AM »
It was a bit pathetic, wasn't it.  Even I hoped for something a trifle more riveting.

Still, it's managed to attract over 1000 posts on here, so clearly some people just can't leave it alone
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1019 on: February 08, 2018, 08:49:39 AM »
Brietta has not  asked for a cite...what she is saying is that posters who normally refuse to accept statemnts without cites accept an unsubstantiated quote by a journalist as fact...

And how many times are we told that others involved in the case have no requirement to answer questions that are asked on the forum that would clear up or confirm issues?