Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531913 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1050 on: February 08, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »
Whats it to do with the accounts? unless the McCanns have used them for their litigation.

I have no idea...thats why I referred to the statement as interesting

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1051 on: February 08, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
if your opinion is that an application has been made then you must have seen compelling evidence/proof  that it has been made. on what basis do you believe that the application is now a fact

I’m sure it is an opinion based on a demonstrated tendency by the McCanns never to know when they are beaten. IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1052 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
Interesting piece of info imo.

May 2nd 2017 to Jan 28 of this year, 1259 case's communicated to the echr, 12 against Portugal,not a mention of the McCanns.

https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{"documentcollectionid2":["COMMUNICATEDCASES"]}
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1053 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
I’m sure it is an opinion based on a demonstrated tendency by the McCanns never to know when they are beaten. IMO
I'm sure gun it is quite capable of answering the question herself... If you think that why do you think many posters doubted they would make a claim
I'm sure they have applied because they have a very very strong case

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1054 on: February 08, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Interesting piece of info imo.

May 2nd 2017 to Jan 28 of this year, 1259 case's communicated to the echr, 12 against Portugal,not a mention of the McCanns.

https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{"documentcollectionid2":["COMMUNICATEDCASES"]}
At a quick look these appear to be cases further along the process than the mccanns

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1055 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:42 PM »
I'm sure gun it is quite capable of answering the question herself... If you think that why do you think many posters doubted they would make a claim
I'm sure they have applied because they have a very very strong case

There is a difference between making a claim and it getting anywhere.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1056 on: February 08, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
There is a difference between making a claim and it getting anywhere.

That's why I gave my opinion they have very strong case based on other cases I have seen.... If you remember the sceptic argument was that it wouldn't be accepted... It seems to be changing now
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:43:05 PM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1057 on: February 08, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
That's why I gave my opinion they have very strong case based on other cases I have seen.... If you remember the sceptic argument was that it wouldn't be accepted... It seems to be changing now

We have nothing saying it has been accepted yet?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1058 on: February 08, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
I'm sure one of those in the know would be able to provide the case number if application has been processed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1059 on: February 08, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »
if your opinion is that an application has been made then you must have seen compelling evidence/proof  that it has been made. on what basis do you believe that the application is now a fact

It doesn't cost much so why wouldn't they? There's always an outside chance that it'll succeed.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1060 on: February 08, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
It doesn't cost much so why wouldn't they? There's always an outside chance that it'll succeed.
interesting..... The sceptic point if view was that it wouldn't be accepted now it might succeed.... Why do you think it won't be successful... Do you have, any logic or just prejudice

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1061 on: February 08, 2018, 06:31:08 PM »
interesting..... The sceptic point if view was that it wouldn't be accepted now it might succeed.... Why do you think it won't be successful... Do you have, any logic or just prejudice

Please note that as far as I'm concerned 'the sceptic point of view' is a meaningless phrase. The only point of view I give is mine, I belong to no groups and speak for no-one else.

I don't think it will be accepted or successful, but predictions are foolish imo. People predicted that the McCanns would in their libel trial and then looked rather foolish when they lost.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #1062 on: February 08, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »
Please note that as far as I'm concerned 'the sceptic point of view' is a meaningless phrase. The only point of view I give is mine, I belong to no groups and speak for no-one else.

I don't think it will be accepted or successful, but predictions are foolish imo. People predicted that the McCanns would in their libel trial and then looked rather foolish when they lost.

Was that the one they lost to the disgraced(according to some sources) Amaral.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1063 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »

As regards the libel trial I think it's the SC that will look very silly when the ECHR explains how, poorly they understood their obligations re the ECHR
[Edit:removed goading comment.]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:56:46 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1064 on: February 08, 2018, 07:15:36 PM »
As regards the libel trial I think it's the SC that will look very silly when the ECHR explains how, poorly they understood their obligations re the ECHR
[Edit:removed goading comment.]

Why?
The McCann appeal if it goes ahead is merely one of many in many states.
I doubt any state officialdom loses much sleep over the rulings of the ECtHR furthermore I am sure states are well above worrying about any perceived "looking very silly".

"Though cautious not to expressly pass judgment on any future or current lawmaking around the subject, the president of the Queen’s bench division intimated that ECHR rulings were less binding than is widely perceived".
Sir Brian Leveson
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/may/24/british-courts-echr-leveson

Jeez that's two cites from The Grauniad in one day. I had better go lie down.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey