Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531920 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #1215 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
It can sometimes get complicated with two connected threads. On the other thread there was a recent discussion as to whether his money had been released yet or whether it was still withheld due to this apparent ECtHR application.

Anyway, that was just a thought that popped into my head because of the other thread. On this one, I'm more interested in whether what G-Unit brought up could be the basis of an acceptable application and, if so, how that would be judged.

Are you really suggesting that Amaral would have his own money taken from him again if the ECHR rules against Portugal. Really ? Why ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1216 on: June 18, 2018, 06:16:49 PM »
Why? There are two identical paragraphs (a and b) in the archival ruling as one concerns Murat and the other Kate and Gerry. Both are 277/1.

277/1 is used when enough evidence has been gathered. 277/2 is used when it hasn't been possible to gather enough evidence.

The McCann's friends and acquaintances prevented the gathering of 'enough' evidence by refusing to attend the reconstitution. The PJ Final Report makes that quite clear;

Addressing now, and specifically, the question relative to the diligence known as the "reconstitution of the facts" (Article 150º of the Penal Process Code), which was not performed due to the refusal of some of the integral members of the holiday group to return to our country
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/P_J_FINAL_REPORT.htm

Their refusal halted the gathering of evidence and led to the archiving. That's why 277/2 was the correct article imo.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:19:24 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1217 on: June 18, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »
277/1 is used when enough evidence has been gathered. 277/2 is used when it hasn't been possible to gather enough evidence.

The McCann's friends and acquaintances prevented the gathering of 'enough' evidence by refusing to attend the reconstitution. The PJ Final Report makes that quite clear;

Addressing now, and specifically, the question relative to the diligence known as the "reconstitution of the facts" (Article 150º of the Penal Process Code), which was not performed due to the refusal of some of the integral members of the holiday group to return to our country
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/P_J_FINAL_REPORT.htm

Their refusal halted the gathering of evidence and led to the archiving. That's why 277/2 was the correct article imo.
It halted the gathering of sufficient evidence to use against the McCanns and their friends, is it any wonder some of them refused to attend?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1218 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
So is it fair to say that it is down to the Tapas 7 that the McCanns are in the situation they now find themselves?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1219 on: June 18, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
So is it fair to say that it is down to the Tapas 7 that the McCanns are in the situation they now find themselves?
Banged up in a Portuguese jail you mean?  Oh wait...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1220 on: June 18, 2018, 06:32:16 PM »

That’s the largest irony jassi.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1221 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
It halted the gathering of sufficient evidence to use against the McCanns and their friends, is it any wonder some of them refused to attend?

On the other hand it could have allowed the authorities to gather enough evidence;

to dismiss once and for all any doubts that may subsist concerning the innocence of the missing [child's] parents.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

Short term gain, long term loss in my opinion. The doubts weren't dismissed,  so the archiving dispatch didn't 'clear' them as they claimed in the libel trial.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1222 on: June 18, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
On the other hand it could have allowed the authorities to gather enough evidence;

to dismiss once and for all any doubts that may subsist concerning the innocence of the missing [child's] parents.

Short term gain, long term loss in my opinion. The doubts weren't dismissed,  so the archiving dispatch didn't 'clear' them as they claimed in the libel trial.

Who'd have friends, huh?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1223 on: June 18, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »

Perhaps you could explain how a reconstruction would have removed all the doubts?  Rhetorical question.  Of course it couldn't!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1224 on: June 18, 2018, 07:05:57 PM »
Perhaps you could explain how a reconstruction would have removed all the doubts?  Rhetorical question.  Of course it couldn't!

I didn't say it would, I said it may have done. That's not even the point, which is that the refusal halted the investigation by preventing the gathering of evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1225 on: June 18, 2018, 07:10:18 PM »
It could have demonstrated how accurate the Tapas timeline was.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1226 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:50 PM »
I think it is the other way around.  The fact that they started resisting to attend the reconstruction removed the doubts the PJ had that the Tapas 9 were involved IMO.

If they were innocent they would all agree to attend, but they resisted.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1227 on: June 18, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »
I think it is the other way around.  The fact that they started resisting to attend the reconstruction removed the doubts the PJ had that the Tapas 9 were involved IMO.

I think that a fair assessment.

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1228 on: June 18, 2018, 07:16:46 PM »

You don’t half talk some nonsense Rob.....I refuse to give my DNA....oh you must be innocent then. Ridiculous.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1229 on: June 18, 2018, 07:46:18 PM »
It could have demonstrated how accurate the Tapas timeline was.
And then what?