Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531844 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2280 on: October 01, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
One might almost think you were being deliberately obtuse.

“The investigation never said it could prove Maddie died in the apartment and was not abducted”

You think a lot that is incorrect... Imo

Offline Montclair

« Reply #2281 on: October 01, 2018, 08:17:01 PM »
From looking at other cases on the ECHR website.... The court will look at the veracity of the accusations

The applicants can only present arguments that had already been presented in court in Portugal. They can't use new elements that were not part of their case in the beginning and the question of the veracity of the book was never part of the case, as confirmed by the judge.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2282 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:32 PM »
The applicants can only present arguments that had already been presented in court in Portugal. They can't use new elements that were not part of their case in the beginning and the question of the veracity of the book was never part of the case, as confirmed by the judge.

Im going for 'they will try' as they did at the second diet. Gerry tried to control the agenda and the Jodge was  having none of it, telling him to sit down!  oh how I laughed.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2283 on: October 01, 2018, 09:05:27 PM »

Absolute rubbish..... Gerry wanted to question the alerts, and was not allowed....

« Reply #2284 on: October 01, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
Absolute rubbish..... Gerry wanted to question the alerts, and was not allowed....

Hahahaha he wanted to 'ask the dawgs' Sandra?  He alreay rubbished the dogs .

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2285 on: October 01, 2018, 09:23:46 PM »
And I did not expect you to agre with me.  As Montclair pointed out the domestic courts, were not concerned with the veracity of the statements... From what I have seen the, ECHR will be... and that makes some, sense.  It's no good saying the domestic court got it right.... That's why they've gone to the ECHR... the complaint to the ECHR isn't the, same as, was made at the first instance... It can't be..
It's what was ruled by the SC on presumption  of innocence and right to reputation ..
Amaral has nothing to do with the action but what he, has, said has a, lot to do with the action

What is it you have seen?
The argument can only be does Article 8 trump Article 10 or vice versa. Did the Supreme Court say the McCanns were guilty of anything?
There have a large number of cases where the ECtHR believed Article 10 was supreme.
It's anyone's guess how it will be judged but what it will not do is cause a seismic shift of anything.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

« Reply #2286 on: October 01, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »
The argument can only be does Article 8 trump Article 10 or vice versa. Did the Supreme Court say the McCanns were guilty of anything?
There have a large number of cases where the ECtHR believed Article 10 was supreme.
It's anyone's guess how it will be judged but what it will not do is cause a seismic shift of anything.

But what we could do is imagine that the ECHR will find the MCanns innocent of everything and find Amaral guilty and have him shot at dawn-not to mention bankrupting the whole portugal nation for having the bloody audacity to suspect perfect parents of any crime.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2287 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »

But what we could do is imagine that the ECHR will find the MCanns innocent of everything and find Amaral guilty and have him shot at dawn-not to mention bankrupting the whole portugal nation for having the bloody audacity to suspect perfect parents of any crime.

If only!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

« Reply #2288 on: October 01, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »
If only the parents loved their childern enough to take them out to dinner with them...to spend quality time with them...

If only....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2289 on: October 02, 2018, 07:34:01 AM »

Ive been saying its 8 vs 10 for some time........if we look at previous cases we can get some idea of how the court judge these casess  ....Ive shown some here. From what I have seen the mccanns have a strong case

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2290 on: October 02, 2018, 08:39:53 AM »
Ive been saying its 8 vs 10 for some time........if we look at previous cases we can get some idea of how the court judge these casess  ....Ive shown some here. From what I have seen the mccanns have a strong case

The cases you quote are usually about third parties (newspapers) with no connection to the cases making statements with lack of knowledge or backing against private individuals. That is not the case in the McCann case.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2291 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
The cases you quote are usually about third parties (newspapers) with no connection to the cases making statements with lack of knowledge or backing against private individuals. That is not the case in the McCann case.
The fact amaral had a connection ti the case makes no difference IMO... That will be up to the court....I don't expect sceptics to agree with me but to suggest the McCanns have no case is ridiculous.  The cases I have shown indicate that there should be evidence to support the claim and the view expressed should be balanced.  There is no evidence Maddie died in the apartment... The Portuguese court totally ignored the lack of evidence.  The book and the SC judgement have labelled the McCanns criminals... I feel they have a very strong case.... I don't expect sceptics to accept that

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2292 on: October 02, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »
The fact amaral had a connection ti the case makes no difference IMO... That will be up to the court....I don't expect sceptics to agree with me but to suggest the McCanns have no case is ridiculous.  The cases I have shown indicate that there should be evidence to support the claim and the view expressed should be balanced.  There is no evidence Maddie died in the apartment... The Portuguese court totally ignored the lack of evidence.  The book and the SC judgement have labelled the McCanns criminals... I feel they have a very strong case.... I don't expect sceptics to accept that

That's all right then Davel.  You say this time and time again but it is still only your opinion after all.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2293 on: October 02, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »
That's all right then Davel.  You say this time and time again but it is still only your opinion after all.

And posters have continually posted... They won't apply... They have no case... It won't be accepted... I'm simply giving the other side.... And at least my opinion is based on cases I have cited....

Offline Montclair

« Reply #2294 on: October 02, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »

The reason Gerry was not allowed to rubbish the dogs in court was because it was not part of the case. The judge said that they were not there to judge the veracity of the book or the investigation. The case was how the book, video, etc. damaged the search and their livres. The ECHR is not a criminal court and will certainly not be studying the fine points of the police investigation.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:40:56 AM by Montclair »