Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531684 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2475 on: October 20, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
What sort of link would you like?
You wanna play "I am the chief pencil monitor"  games then fine but you are on your own there.
You have enough information and have had for nearly two months.
However you dress it up you misquoted, demonstrably, but refuse to say why or how. That does not set a good example now does it?
We will just take it as your unsubstantiated opinion.

Give the link to the post you are complaining about as I requested, please.  I am beginning to wonder if such a post even exists.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2476 on: October 20, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »

Why not? I explained why. I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
Who would?  However I’m surprised you feel sorry for people who in your opinion neglected their children leading to one of them dying and then covering up the death to save their skins.   Still, I shall read your future posts with interest, through this new perspective you have revealed.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2477 on: October 20, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
Who would?  However I’m surprised you feel sorry for people who in your opinion neglected their children leading to one of them dying and then covering up the death to save their skins.   Still, I shall read your future posts with interest, through this new perspective you have revealed.

It's not new, we have discussed this before, when I said I could empathise with them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2478 on: October 20, 2018, 10:55:39 PM »
It's not new, we have discussed this before, when I said I could empathise with them.
I certainly don’t recall that.  I do recall you being somewhat judgemental about Kate McCann failing to rush the twins to hospital shortly after Madeleine disappeared.  You seem to think she is a very neglectful mother, yet still you claim to  empathise with her, astonishing really.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2479 on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:48 AM »
I certainly don’t recall that.  I do recall you being somewhat judgemental about Kate McCann failing to rush the twins to hospital shortly after Madeleine disappeared.  You seem to think she is a very neglectful mother, yet still you claim to  empathise with her, astonishing really.
I wonder what would have been said had she actually done that?  "Mother flees scene before police arrive"
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2480 on: October 21, 2018, 08:26:54 AM »
I wonder what would have been said had she actually done that?  "Mother flees scene before police arrive"

Hardly fleeing, taking your kids to hospital. It would make more sense than saying she was so worried about her kids that she kept checking they were breathing but did nothing else.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2481 on: October 21, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »

You don't seem to understand what empathy is. It's got nothing to do with approving of someone. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2482 on: October 21, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »
You don't seem to understand what empathy is. It's got nothing to do with approving of someone.
And nor it seems do you.  You said yesterday you felt sorry for the McCanns.  That would suggest sympathy not empathy, yet you also now claim to empathise with someone you also suggest to be both criminally neglectful as a parent and capable of covering up the death of a child caused by their own neglect.  So tell us why you feel both sympathy and empathy for them then?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2483 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:38 AM »
And nor it seems do you.  You said yesterday you felt sorry for the McCanns.  That would suggest sympathy not empathy, yet you also now claim to empathise with someone you also suggest to be both criminally neglectful as a parent and capable of covering up the death of a child caused by their own neglect.  So tell us why you feel both sympathy and empathy for them then?

It's quite possible to empathise and sympathise without approving. I can't stand Theresa May, but I can understand how she arrived in her present position (empathy). I can also feel sorry for her even though I think her wounds are self-inflicted.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2484 on: October 21, 2018, 10:55:23 AM »
It's quite possible to empathise and sympathise without approving. I can't stand Theresa May, but I can understand how she arrived in her present position (empathy). I can also feel sorry for her even though I think her wounds are self-inflicted.
IMO, a more suitable analogy would be this:

I can empathise and sympathise with someone who accidentally knocks down a child on a zebra crossing because they were driving over the speed limit, who stops after the accident and owns up to their responsibilities.  I cannot however empathise or sympathise with that driver if he or she does not stop after the accident and who claims when the police arrive at their door that their car has been stolen, in order to cover up their crime.  You claim to be able to empathise and sympathise with the driver in both scenarios, IMO.  I find that hard to believe going on the tone of your posts over the years.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2485 on: October 21, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »
IMO, a more suitable analogy would be this:

I can empathise and sympathise with someone who accidentally knocks down a child on a zebra crossing because they were driving over the speed limit, who stops after the accident and owns up to their responsibilities.  I cannot however empathise or sympathise with that driver if he or she does not stop after the accident and who claims when the police arrive at their door that their car has been stolen, in order to cover up their crime.  You claim to be able to empathise and sympathise with the driver in both scenarios, IMO.  I find that hard to believe going on the tone of your posts over the years.

You set limits, I don't. Both drivers behaved badly and one was brave enough to own up. The other wasn't, and even made things worse for themselves. One driver was brave and the other was cowardly. You seem to applaud bravery and despise cowardice. I understand that some are brave and some aren't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2486 on: October 21, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »
You set limits, I don't. Both drivers behaved badly and one was brave enough to own up. The other wasn't, and even made things worse for themselves. One driver was brave and the other was cowardly. You seem to applaud bravery and despise cowardice. I understand that some are brave and some aren't.
Well. I have revised my opinion of you, it seems you would give the Son of God a run for his money on the empathy and sympathy stakes.  Is there anyone on the planet you don’t feel empathy and sympathy for??

BTW I applaud honesty and have no sympathy or empathy for those who shirk their responsibilities by lying and covering up.  My bad.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:59:14 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2487 on: October 21, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »
Does the exchange above have any connection to the McCanns appeal to the ECHR?
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2488 on: October 21, 2018, 12:01:06 PM »
Does the exchange above have any connection to the McCanns appeal to the ECHR?
Started by Sunny I believe who claimed that Eleanor hates Portugal, thus turning it into a discussion about emotions.

Offline xtina

« Reply #2489 on: October 21, 2018, 12:32:24 PM »
I feel sorry  for the McCann's because Maddie is missing... I doubt they really care what you and others think....

I doubt they really care what you and others think....

Oh but they do.....they shouldn't do.... but they most certainly do...
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.