Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531914 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2490 on: October 21, 2018, 12:51:09 PM »
Well. I have revised my opinion of you, it seems you would give the Son of God a run for his money on the empathy and sympathy stakes.  Is there anyone on the planet you don’t feel empathy and sympathy for??

BTW I applaud honesty and have no sympathy or empathy for those who shirk their responsibilities by lying and covering up.  My bad.

You empathise and sympathise only with those you approve of. I don't make that distinction.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2491 on: October 21, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
You empathise and sympathise only with those you approve of. I don't make that distinction.
Rubbish.  There are plenty of people whose actions I disagree with who I also empathise and sympathise with.  Where do you draw the line then ?  Do you blanket empathise and sympathise with paedophiles?  Murderers?  Kidnappers?  Rapists? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2492 on: October 21, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
Explain please how having previously appeared to find Kate McCann's behaviour odd and inexplicable on the night of the 3rd May you are now also apparently able to understand and share her feelings.?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2493 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
Rubbish.  There are plenty of people whose actions I disagree with who I also empathise and sympathise with.  Where do you draw the line then ?  Do you blanket empathise and sympathise with paedophiles?  Murderers?  Kidnappers?  Rapists?

Your argument has been that it's not possible for me to empathise and sympathise with those I don't approve of. Noe you say you do that too. Therefore you do understand where I'm coming from despite your posts .
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2494 on: October 21, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Your argument has been that it's not possible for me to empathise and sympathise with those I don't approve of. Noe you say you do that too. Therefore you do understand where I'm coming from despite your posts .
  Could you give me a cite for this please?  Perhaps the difference between us is that I can empathise and sympathise with people's actions I may also disapprove of up to a point.  The point is where there actions deliberately cause pain (emotional / phsyical) / suffering / death to others.  You seem to be able to have empathy and sympathy for the darkest creatures on God's planet.  This makes you almost saint-like in my opinion, and I never thought I ever write that sentence!

ETA: I guess that your undoubted empathy means you don't struggle to understand how Kate said she might be able to forgive Madeleine's (alleged) abductor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:43:14 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2495 on: October 21, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
When the McCanns reacted angrily to Sharon Osbourne’s public denunciation of them in the media you replied

“A typically arrogant reaction. Only they know the 'true facts' and only they should be allowed to speak about the case. Everyone else should keep their ignorant and ill-informed opinions to themselves. It seems they have given up castigating people for upsetting them and are now using the twins and the wider family in an attempt to portray anyone who criticises them as a heartless monster.

It must be galling to realise that all the money spent on reputation management has been wasted. They still haven't managed to understand that their notion of satisfactory childcare is not shared by others. It isn't anything to do with whether they felt guilty afterwards, it's about the sheer insanity of the notion that it was ever OK in the first place. Can we assume they would have felt no guilt had Madeleine not disappeared?

They still seem stuck in the 'how could criticise us when we lost a child' mindset. Had they not lost a child no-one would have known about their reckless behaviour, but they did and we do. That will never change no matter how much they complain”.

I’ve read it a few times and I’m struggling to find the empathy and sympathy, should I look harder?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2496 on: October 21, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
  Could you give me a cite for this please?  Perhaps the difference between us is that I can empathise and sympathise with people's actions I may also disapprove of up to a point.  The point is where there actions deliberately cause pain (emotional / phsyical) / suffering / death to others.  You seem to be able to have empathy and sympathy for the darkest creatures on God's planet.  This makes you almost saint-like in my opinion, and I never thought I ever write that sentence!

ETA: I guess that your undoubted empathy means you don't struggle to understand how Kate said she might be able to forgive Madeleine's (alleged) abductor.

Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. I can empathise with your 'cowardly driver' because I can understand how his fear of the consequences led him to behave the way he did.

Sympathy involves feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune. I can sympathise with the 'cowardly driver even though his misfortune is of his pwn making.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2497 on: October 21, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. I can empathise with your 'cowardly driver' because I can understand how his fear of the consequences led him to behave the way he did.

Sympathy involves feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune. I can sympathise with the 'cowardly driver even though his misfortune is of his pwn making.
And yet you profess to finding so much of the McCanns' subsequent behaviour after the loss of their child both puzzling and odd.  So much for your ability to understand and share their feelings.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2498 on: October 21, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
And yet you profess to finding so much of the McCanns' subsequent behaviour after the loss of their child both puzzling and odd.  So much for your ability to understand and share their feelings.

I think that's enough. In my opinion you are trying to prove your points rather than being interested in mine. As far as I'm concerned you can think what you like.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2499 on: October 21, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »
I think that's enough. In my opinion you are trying to prove your points rather than being interested in mine. As far as I'm concerned you can think what you like.
On the contrary I'm very interested in how one can claim empathy and sympathy with individuals whose behaviour continues to be a source of great puzzlement  to one and who one also believes have possibly carried out very serious crimes which if proven would devastate all those that know and rely upon them.  I guess there are people with great empathy and sympathy for Karen Matthews and the Philpotts but I have yet to encounter one have you?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2500 on: October 21, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »
Weren't they told to keep silent.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2501 on: October 21, 2018, 09:25:05 PM »
Cite or your posts will be removed.

I've used the words... Seems..   and may... That is not stating fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2502 on: October 21, 2018, 10:14:54 PM »
Another interesting  point.... Why did Charlie Gards parents go to the ECHR if they could not overide the UK court

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2503 on: October 21, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »
Another interesting  point.... Why did Charlie Gards parents go to the ECHR if they could not overide the UK court

I have no idea but their application was deemed inadmissible.

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed178491
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2504 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »
I have no idea but their application was deemed inadmissible.

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed178491

I'm aware of that... But what was their point in going if the UK court decision wad final