Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531877 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2895 on: April 28, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »
Why do you think he can't be trusted? I've not seen any one else say so.
Well is the document pertaining to the ECHR application real or not?  I see some doubt being cast upon it here by those of a sceptical nature, because of the lack of a number thereon.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2896 on: April 28, 2019, 08:22:44 PM »
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2897 on: April 28, 2019, 08:34:32 PM »
Why?   *%87
Because you wanted to know what the question was as I’d made so many posts you couldn’t follow the thread, so that’s why.  Please feel free to answer the question in your own time.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2898 on: April 28, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »
Because you wanted to know what the question was as I’d made so many posts you couldn’t follow the thread, so that’s why.  Please feel free to answer the question in your own time.

Which question?

You've been back on the highly offensive paedophilia angle again today.
So this time try KISS.

You might just make more progress.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2899 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
Gunit has claimed that the presumption of innocence is not applicable to a civil case... But has provided no evidence to support this... I say it is, applicable and yesterday supplied the following post to support it... It contains a link and a cite..
Could you explain why it's not the complete package.. In your opinion
Brietta understood what I meant by "complete package".  Maybe it would be for my benefit too, so I could understand in one compact thought process your train of thought. You might be supplying all the components but not as a package.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2900 on: April 28, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
Brietta understood what I meant by "complete package".  Maybe it would be for my benefit too, so I could understand in one compact thought process your train of thought. You might be supplying all the components but not as a package.

I think Brietta felt you were harrassing me, and edited your post... Your only post today is to criticise me.  .if you can't understand  the simple point I was making that's your problem not mine... IMO your post makes no sense, at all

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2901 on: April 28, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what that means Rob.  You appear to be implying that we have to precis previous posts with each new post we make??
I'm not entirely sure that is workeable or even if it leads to free flowing dialogue ... and is it applicable only to Davel or do we all have to play?

Briettas post... You understand her statement...where she says.. I'm not entirely sure what that means...... To mean she understands what you are saying... That's bizarre
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:32:51 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2902 on: April 28, 2019, 09:32:47 PM »
I'm not running to any mod as, I doubt rob would take any action
I've been asleep, and there are pages and pages to read through.  It seems too late to take any action now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2903 on: April 28, 2019, 09:34:44 PM »
I've been asleep, and there are pages and pages to read through.  It seems too late to take any action now.

I don't expect you to take any action because for the past few days the only posts you have criticised are mine.. Everyone else has continually stated their opinion as fact... I don't really care

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2904 on: April 28, 2019, 09:40:41 PM »

if you are asking for a cite you obviosly havent understood it..imo..my highlight added in red

What is at stake, fundamentally, is to identify the legal good that will be, concretely, prevailing, taking into account that, in each conflict resolution, the balance pans, to begin with, are in a position of equilibrium, since freedom of expression(article 10) and honour (article 8)must start from a position of equality.

For this purpose, it is necessary to introduce the respective evaluation criteria in the pan of freedom of expression or in the pan of honour.

And it is playing with weights and counterweights that, in the end, it will appear which of the pans weighs more.

Well, in the present case, as it results from the foregoing, the pan that weighs more and is the freedom of expression one.
Which amounts to saying that this is the legal good that, in this case, prevails.

Page 75
Thus we shall have to conclude that, in the present case, prevail the rights of the respondents to freedom of expression and information and to freedom of the press and of the media

The balance between 8 and 10 is precisely what teh ECHR can deal with...and from the cases ive provide a link to it seems to me teh SC got it wrong
Was the SC right on this point: "Well, in the present case, as it results from the foregoing, the pan that weighs more and is the freedom of expression one"?  Who is doing the weighing?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2905 on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
Was the SC right on this point: "Well, in the present case, as it results from the foregoing, the pan that weighs more and is the freedom of expression one"?  Who is doing the weighing?

The SC are doing the weighing... Obviously.. Are they right... Read the cases from the link to previous ECHR cases... From these it appears the SC are, wrong

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2906 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:51 PM »
The SC are doing the weighing... Obviously.. Are they right... Read the cases from the link to previous ECHR cases... From these it appears the SC are, wrong
s
The weights assigned to each scale are based on the judge's considered opinions.  They aren't actual weights that can be rechecked by the average person.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2907 on: April 28, 2019, 10:00:15 PM »
s
The weights assigned to each scale are based on the judge's considered opinions.  They aren't actual weights that can be rechecked by the average person.

I think most if us already understand  that... It's called metaphorically speaking... Isn't that obvious

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2908 on: April 28, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »
I don't expect you to take any action because for the past few days the only posts you have criticised are mine.. Everyone else has continually stated their opinion as fact... I don't really care
Yes to our benefit. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2909 on: April 28, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »
Yes to our benefit.

You are not making any sense imo