Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531761 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2925 on: April 29, 2019, 07:20:57 AM »
@)(++(* &%%6. I knew you’d be unable to answer so thanks for confirming it.
I'm confident you know basic English, such as the difference between a question and propaganda, and the difference between inability and choice.

Therein was the issue with your opener.  If you don't ask a genuine question, why should you feel entitled to a response?

It makes no sense.   *%87

What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2926 on: April 29, 2019, 07:32:12 AM »
Despite the question marks, I believe that is purely a propaganda statement, so I saw no point in engaging.  I still don't.

From what I have read Portugal has, a poor record on free speech when it comes to criticising it's establishment... It can actually be, a criminal offence to criticise public figures such as judges etc... So your claim as it being s Haven fir free speech is totally misguided... All my opinion

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2927 on: April 29, 2019, 07:53:17 AM »
I'm confident you know basic English, such as the difference between a question and propaganda, and the difference between inability and choice.

Therein was the issue with your opener.  If you don't ask a genuine question, why should you feel entitled to a response?

It makes no sense.   *%87
How can a question be propaganda?  Your answer could be propaganda, I am simply asking what if any parameters there are on freedom of speech in Portugal.  I would say your question “Is Europe a little bit more fascist” is rather more akin to propaganda than my question.  I get that you don’t want to answer or can’t that’s fine, just leave it at that, it’s pointless your harping on to continue the argument.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2928 on: April 29, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
How can a question be propaganda?  Your answer could be propaganda, I am simply asking what if any parameters there are on freedom of speech in Portugal.  I would say your question “Is Europe a little bit more fascist” is rather more akin to propaganda than my question.  I get that you don’t want to answer or can’t that’s fine, just leave it at that, it’s pointless your harping on to continue the argument.

If you check back through the thread, you'll find I was quite willing to ignore your first comment.  The one 'harping on' was your good self.

I am delighted to learn you are willing to stop.   &^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2929 on: April 29, 2019, 08:03:21 AM »
If you check back through the thread, you'll find I was quite willing to ignore your first comment.  The one 'harping on' was your good self.

I am delighted to learn you are willing to stop.   &^^&*

Doesn't really matter as your premise that Portugal supports free, speech is false

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2930 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
Doesn't really matter as your premise that Portugal supports free, speech is false
Exactly.  Yet in the McCann case they appear to have set a precedent that it’s OK to write a libellous book about someone so long as they were never charged, tried and cleared of the crime of which they are being accused in the book.  What a bonkers country!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2931 on: April 29, 2019, 08:11:17 AM »
Exactly.  Yet in the McCann case they appear to have set a precedent that it’s OK to write a libellous book about someone so long as they were never charged, tried and cleared of the crime of which they are being accused in the book.  What a bonkers country!

Yet defamation is a criminal offence in Portugal... If you criticise a judge you could go to jail

Offline jassi

« Reply #2932 on: April 29, 2019, 08:34:02 AM »

Different country, different laws.  Happens all over the world.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2933 on: April 29, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »

Different country, different laws.  Happens all over the world.

The country is governed by ECHR Law

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2934 on: April 29, 2019, 08:53:33 AM »

Libellous in your opinion but not in the opinion of the Portuguese courts.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #2935 on: April 29, 2019, 09:08:16 AM »
The country is governed by ECHR Law

Given the ECHR cannot turn over any judgement how does that work?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2936 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »
Libellous in your opinion but not in the opinion of the Portuguese courts.

Cite for not libellous... I haven't seen that stated anywhere

Offline barrier

« Reply #2937 on: April 29, 2019, 09:10:16 AM »
Cite for not libellous... I haven't seen that stated anywhere

Is that why the argument fell down then becasue they didn't sue for libel?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2938 on: April 29, 2019, 09:58:08 AM »
Given the ECHR cannot turn over any judgement how does that work?

so the  mcanns attempting to get the ECHR to  change any ruling is a  waste of time and money??

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2939 on: April 29, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »

so the  mcanns attempting to get the ECHR to  change any ruling is a  waste of time and money??

Do you believe they knew it was a waste of time and money before embarking on this step and if so why would they still pursue this action?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.