Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531663 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2985 on: April 30, 2019, 11:37:58 AM »
Implying defamation rather than admitting to it IMO.

As I see it the McCanns complained that Amaral's actions damaged their reputation. Everyone who sues for defanation believes that something someone else said damaged their reputation so how is it proved?

One way is to prove that a false statement has been made. The courts examined Amaral's book and found that it contained verifiable facts from the investigation, so no falsehoods there.

What he did was express his opinion about those facts, so was his opinion unlawful in some way?  It wasn't, becauseit was the same opinion that the investigation had reached using the same facts.

The defence was left with trying to prove that he wasn't allowed to express his opinion. They offered arguments designed to demonstrate this;
His retired status.
The McCann's 'cleared' status.

The courts ultimately rejected their claims and found he was entitled to express his opinions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2986 on: April 30, 2019, 11:48:15 AM »
As I see it the McCanns complained that Amaral's actions damaged their reputation. Everyone who sues for defanation believes that something someone else said damaged their reputation so how is it proved?

One way is to prove that a false statement has been made. The courts examined Amaral's book and found that it contained verifiable facts from the investigation, so no falsehoods there.

What he did was express his opinion about those facts, so was his opinion unlawful in some way?  It wasn't, becauseit was the same opinion that the investigation had reached using the same facts.

The defence was left with trying to prove that he wasn't allowed to express his opinion. They offered arguments designed to demonstrate this;
His retired status.

The courts ultimately rejected their claims and found he was entitled to express his opinions.
Amaral claimed he could prove maddie died in the apartment... And the death was covered up... Nowhere in the police files, was that claim made.. The McCann's claimed they were entitled to the presumption of innocence... The SC said that didn't apply to a civil trial... I've provided a cite from the ECHR website that shows that is not true

The court said most of the facts in the book were in the files... That means some were not.

On that basis I see the McCann's have a very strong claim at the, ECHR... A very... Very strong claim

It's the balance between articles 10 and 8....there are lots if examples to form an opinion on in the link I have provided
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:52:34 AM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2987 on: April 30, 2019, 05:51:07 PM »
Compensation for being shit parents?  @)(++(*

Not many people go abroad with three children and come back with two due entirely to their own selfishness and lack of common sense where child security is concerned.

So is this abusive or fair comment

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2988 on: April 30, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
it must be close to the cut-off point.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2989 on: April 30, 2019, 10:03:51 PM »

If you think it's abusive, please explain why.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2990 on: April 30, 2019, 10:23:13 PM »
If you think it's abusive, please explain why.

Any challenges or opinions based on evidence at the McCanns is abuse according to supporters.

I find that really funny as in ha ha  . getting all offended on behalf of others, whom you know nothing about is something  else. and to get to the point of attack is even more funny  haha.

Calling them bad parents is a fair comment from the person who percieves them to be bad parents.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2991 on: April 30, 2019, 11:04:29 PM »
Any challenges or opinions based on evidence at the McCanns is abuse according to supporters.

I find that really funny as in ha ha  . getting all offended on behalf of others, whom you know nothing about is something  else. and to get to the point of attack is even more funny  haha.

Calling them bad parents is a fair comment from the person who percieves them to be bad parents.
Funny how you’re only offended by bad language when it suits you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #2992 on: April 30, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »
Funny how you’re only offended by bad language when it suits you.

Nothing said online offends me. Why should it ? I am just highlighting some wee bits n pieces here and there. Bad language does not offend me, I just like to remind supporters who sit on their high horses, they hve failings too, just like them nasgty trolls you all keep going on about-who do not reside here.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2993 on: April 30, 2019, 11:26:28 PM »
Nothing said online offends me. Why should it ? I am just highlighting some wee bits n pieces here and there. Bad language does not offend me, I just like to remind supporters who sit on their high horses, they hve failings too, just like them nasgty trolls you all keep going on about-who do not reside here.

Everyone has failings.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

« Reply #2994 on: April 30, 2019, 11:27:15 PM »

His retired status.

In orange bold type:  Yes like it was not damaged by them hence why they got PR involved right away - damage limtitation. That was and always is their main worry- their reputation.IMO

I believe the window story was staged as it helped to salvage something of their reputation by making them victims. big drama of a story. about jemmied shutters- Maddie was snatched...Read all about it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2995 on: April 30, 2019, 11:27:27 PM »
We’re eternally grateful for your trouble, I’m sure.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #2996 on: April 30, 2019, 11:30:03 PM »
Everyone has failings.

Indeed they do Erngath. Some just do not believe they have and try to act like they are of a higher plain. Not so.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2997 on: April 30, 2019, 11:33:35 PM »
Indeed they do Erngath. Some just do not believe they have and try to act like they are of a higher plain. Not so.

So you can accept that Madeleine's parents had failings too?
And perhaps understand?

« Reply #2998 on: April 30, 2019, 11:47:44 PM »
So you can accept that Madeleine's parents had failings too?
And perhaps understand?

Erngath, it makes no difference to the parents if I understand them or not. What we have is a situation of a child who is missing, the parents give an account of what they say happened. I do not believe that account.

That does not make me a heartless soul.or a nasty troll.

Too much has been made of the parents in this forum but very little about Madeliene and what she may have or still is suffering-and that to me says it all.

The parents and their feelings and their reputations are very important to them- the impression I get from  observing their behaviour is not that of innocent victims of an abducted child by a gang of paedophiles as was claimed. That does not make me a bad person either- I sleep kowing this.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2999 on: April 30, 2019, 11:57:44 PM »
Erngath, it makes no difference to the parents if I understand them or not. What we have is a situation of a child who is missing, the parents give an account of what they say happened. I do not believe that account.

That does not make me a heartless soul.or a nasty troll.

Too much has been made of the parents in this forum but very little about Madeliene and what she may have or still is suffering-and that to me says it all.

The parents and their feelings and their reputations are very important to them- the impression I get from  observing their behaviour is not that of innocent victims of an abducted child by a gang of paedophiles as was claimed. That does not make me a bad person either- I sleep kowing this.

I sleep well too.
 I consider all of Madeleine's family to be victims of an abduction.
You must have more experience than I do at observing the parents of a missing child.
I admit that I am not very familiar with how the victims of an abducted child should behave.