Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531777 times)

Offline barrier

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3105 on: August 30, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
From one of the links by misty.

The presumption of innocence, because it is only a presumption, cannot overlay the search for truth and the citizens' right to the truth.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3106 on: August 30, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »
You stated that The McCanns had been arrested.  At best you are mistaken, but then you often are.

Is that a another personal snipe or are you going to provide stats?

The presumption of innocence, because it is only a presumption, cannot overlay the search for truth and the citizens' right to the truth.

This is the issue the McCanns have- they want to be declared innocent, but they can't because no crime has been established.
 ALSO, the die hard supporters  want them to  be cleared of any wrong doing even though no one, apart from the people who know where MBM is and what happened to her is found. This flies in the face for highlighting justice for Madeliene.  THE REAL VICTIM.
What injustice have the McCanns encountered?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3107 on: August 30, 2019, 11:19:21 AM »
Imo it rests in whether amarals freedom of expression was restricted by the McCann's rights under article 8...and by the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence... Which  comes under, article 6

You are ignoring the fact that the first judge acknowledged that without the duty of reserve Amaral's freedom of expression was paramount. The Appeal Court judges pointed that out;

Once the duty of reserve is non-existent, freedom of expression of the defendant comes first and prevails over the rights asserted by the claimants, as the sentence has observed before introducing the unusual duty of reserve.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Decision_19_04_2016.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3108 on: August 30, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »

Is that a another personal snipe or are you going to provide stats?

This is the issue the McCanns have- they want to be declared innocent, but they can't because no crime has been established.
 ALSO, the die hard supporters  want them to  be cleared of any wrong doing even though no one, apart from the people who know where MBM is and what happened to her is found. This flies in the face for highlighting justice for Madeliene.  THE REAL VICTIM.
What injustice have the McCanns encountered?

I don't have to supply Stats for something that never happened.

The McCanns were never arrested.

« Reply #3109 on: August 30, 2019, 11:46:06 AM »
I don't have to supply Stats for something that never happened.

The McCanns were never arrested.

The stats of you claiming I am often wrong.  Its ok I know it was a snipe and you have no stats. Its all good!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3110 on: August 30, 2019, 11:53:31 AM »
You are ignoring the fact that the first judge acknowledged that without the duty of reserve Amaral's freedom of expression was paramount. The Appeal Court judges pointed that out;

Once the duty of reserve is non-existent, freedom of expression of the defendant comes first and prevails over the rights asserted by the claimants, as the sentence has observed before introducing the unusual duty of reserve.
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Decision_19_04_2016.htm

In your opinion... I'm not ignoring anything imo
Imo the ECHR case rests on the points, I have raised... And which were repeatedly raised in the, SC judgement

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3111 on: August 30, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »

It does protect from libel from what I have read... With one case coming from the ECHR past cases

« Reply #3112 on: August 30, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »
It does protect from libel from what I have read... With one case coming from the ECHR past cases

And where is the libel in this scenario?

PJ are entitled to report their findings of an investigation- Amaral wrote about about those findings and the theory which was the main discussion of the day.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3113 on: August 30, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
And where is the libel in this scenario?

PJ are entitled to report their findings of an investigation- Amaral wrote about about those findings and the theory which was the main discussion of the day.

Amaral said he could prove Maddie died in the apartment and her death was covered up..

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3114 on: August 30, 2019, 12:11:51 PM »
The stats of you claiming I am often wrong.  Its ok I know it was a snipe and you have no stats. Its all good!

You are wrong.  So expect someone to point this out.

« Reply #3115 on: August 30, 2019, 12:28:06 PM »
Amaral said he could prove Maddie died in the apartment and her death was covered up..

I never read the book. Did he actually claim the parents killed their daughter and hid her body? could you provide an actual cite.

I thought it was a theory that an accident  of some sort had occured.

I was of the impression they believed the window scenario was 'staged' I believe that has been proved by experts.

The parents have never, as far as I know, told how this ''abduction'' happened ? No details about entry and exit etc. We have just  been fed a story about an abduction is all we have had.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3116 on: August 30, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »

Has Amaral proved this yet?

I don't know what The ECHR will say.  But then I don't understand how Portuguese Law could allow this to happen. 

Is Portugal so afraid of what happened before their two Glorious Revolutions that they will err on the wrong side to protect those who facilitated the abuse of Human Rights in the first place?

The First Revolution was done with good intent.  Unfortunately they were mostly illiterate and didn't know what they were doing.  And then the Old Guard reinvented themselves and took over during The Second Revolution some two years later..  This is what Portugal has today.

« Reply #3117 on: August 30, 2019, 12:42:18 PM »
It is indeed a pity that those who claim human rights as victims, gave not a thought to three children's human rights who were subjected to a lifetime of possible mental abuse

- One who may or may not be dead, and two who have had to live with what their parents did to them leaving them vulnerable like that.  And the throw back of that by being disliked by many people which is displayed in public.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3118 on: August 30, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »
It is indeed a pity that those who claim human rights as victims, gave not a thought to three children's human rights who were subjected to a lifetime of possible mental abuse

- One who may or may not be dead, and two who have had to live with what their parents did to them leaving them vulnerable like that.  And the throw back of that by being disliked by many people which is displayed in public.

How do you know they give no thoughts... More sceptic opinion as fact from someone who knows so little, about the case you think the McCann's were, arrested.

I would say the McCann's care, a lot about Maddie and her rights... It would seem you care more, about continually bashing the parents.. Pathetic.. Imo

« Reply #3119 on: August 30, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
Ofcourse everyone knows Madeleins human rights have been violated, due to her parents descision to leave her without proper care and attention. so what ever happened, Maddies rights have been violated as a result of parental behaviour.