Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531703 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3165 on: August 31, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »
I don't think there'll be much. Us sceptics tend to be pragmatic souls, you know   8(0(*

Don't you remember what gunit said about a McCann victory

If, by some chance, the ECHR finds that Portugal has breached the McCann's human rights they will have achieved more than if they had defeated Amaral. They will have discredited not just him, but his entire country.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:09:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3166 on: August 31, 2019, 01:13:20 PM »
Can you imagine the furore if they win their case

Very doubtful given their attitude towards the original Portuguese Police investigation.  Suspects who refuse to cooperate with police deserve all the get imo. They should thank their lucky stars that they weren't charged with child neglect.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:16:30 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3167 on: August 31, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
Very doubtful given their attitude towards the original Portuguese Police investigation imo.

very probable imo...based on other ECHR cases I have looked at

Offline jassi

« Reply #3168 on: August 31, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
The Law can be a very peculiar thing. I prefer to wait and see and then accept what the ECHR say.
No point in doing otherwise, as there is no appeal against their decisions.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3169 on: August 31, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
very probable imo...based on other ECHR cases I have looked at

Are there many cases of child neglect resulting in the disappearance of a child where the parents behaviour was questionable?

Cite if you can.  $65*
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:21:38 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3170 on: August 31, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Are there many cases of child neglect resulting in the disappearance of a child where the parents behaviour was questionable?

Cite if you can.
Thats your opinion...I dont believe their behavior re the investigationn was questionable....i think the initial investigation was highly questionable and inept

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3171 on: August 31, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
Mind you, can you imagine the fury and anger on here if the McCanns fail to come out of this smelling of roses

Indeed. The ECHR will join the PJ, the Portuguese Judiciary, Amaral and all his officers and everyone who doesn't believe in abduction and be accused of 'not understanding the evidence, being biased and inflicting even more pain on an innocent couple and their families who have lost a much beloved child'
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3172 on: August 31, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
Indeed. The ECHR will join the PJ, the Portuguese Judiciary, Amaral and all his officers and everyone who doesn't believe in abduction and be accused of 'not understanding the evidence, being biased and inflicting even more pain on an innocent couple and their families who have lost a much beloved child'

Just reading through this thread, it is VERY clear, as it has been from day one, this is all about the parents 'good name' their reputation. How sad that is- even if they win they have not moved on inch nearer to finding their daughter.

The supporters, as as always as if in a war will be very happy,joyous and gloating no doubt. I will be indefferent, there is no victorious outcome from the sad affair of little Maddie. WHO IS THE ONLY VICTIM in this scenario.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3173 on: August 31, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »
I don't think there'll be much. Us sceptics tend to be pragmatic souls, you know   8(0(*

Then justify your means.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3174 on: August 31, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3175 on: August 31, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »

Just reading through this thread, it is VERY clear, as it has been from day one, this is all about the parents 'good name' their reputation. How sad that is- even if they win they have not moved on inch nearer to finding their daughter.

The supporters, as as always as if in a war will be very happy,joyous and gloating no doubt. I will be indefferent, there is no victorious outcome from the sad affair of little Maddie. WHO IS THE ONLY VICTIM in this scenario.

It's what happens when posters stick to the thread title rather than turn every thread into a McCann hate fest

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3176 on: August 31, 2019, 03:06:17 PM »

I think it's way too late to improve the McCann's reputation, because that doesn't depend on the outcome of court cases. It certainly won't change my mind. One thing is certain; the ECHR can't declare them innocent, because despite Duarte's attempts to make it so, the archiving despatch couldn't do that.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3177 on: August 31, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
I think it's way too late to improve the McCann's reputation, because that doesn't depend on the outcome of court cases. It certainly won't change my mind. One thing is certain; the ECHR can't declare them innocent, because despite Duarte's attempts to make it so, the archiving despatch couldn't do that.

Indeed G!

I love the banal diatribe about hating the McCanns from those same people who try to blame their predcament on everyone else. They just need reminding the Parents were responsible for their children.PERIOD.

ECHR won't change a thing- more money to waste I guess. I wonder how the fund is bearing up. Are people rushing to 'fund' their attempt to get 'justice' ...from the ever so costly ECHR.

If Portugual are found guilty, they can just pin up two fingers and not even bother.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3178 on: August 31, 2019, 03:31:47 PM »
Indeed G!

I love the banal diatribe about hating the McCanns from those same people who try to blame their predcament on everyone else. They just need reminding the Parents were responsible for their children.PERIOD.

ECHR won't change a thing- more money to waste I guess. I wonder how the fund is bearing up. Are people rushing to 'fund' their attempt to get 'justice' ...from the ever so costly ECHR.

If Portugual are found guilty, they can just pin up two fingers and not even bother.

The SC judges were very careful to quote the cases where the ECHR found against them because of their habit of placing 'honour' above freedom of expression. If they now get sanctioned for doing the opposite I wouldn't blame them for losing patience.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3179 on: August 31, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
Indeed G!

I think that is very true..
One or two might get over-excited, but the great mass of people  will just get on with the their lives as usual - IMO

Or maybe not -