Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531898 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3210 on: September 01, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
G  you can post this a thousand times. Some people will not understand, or want to accept it.

I dont accept it because its wrong and Ive posted a case from teh ECHR to show im right and gunit is wrong. The interesting question now is ...will you ...gunit and other sceptics accept the overwhelming evidence or just ignore it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3211 on: September 01, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
I dont accept it because its wrong and Ive posted a case from teh ECHR to show im right and gunit is wrong. The interesting question now is ...will you ...gunit and other sceptics accept the overwhelming evidence or just ignore it
We will wait for the ECHR to make their decision.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3212 on: September 01, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »
We will wait for the ECHR to make their decision.

The point in dispute is, whether the POI applies in a civil case... I've provided proof it does... There's nothing to wait for on that point

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3213 on: September 01, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »

I am sorry Davel. I cannot accept the McCanns will win based from the cite you have given. The reason being they are two very different cases. You will understand each case may seem similar but they are very different, as an example; not everyone who commits murder/manslaughter has the same sentence. I am not saying this because I do not believe their thesis, I just believe they are different is all.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3214 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:13 PM »
I am sorry Davel. I cannot accept the McCanns will win based from the cite you have given. The reason being they are two very different cases. You will understand each case may seem similar but they are very different, as an example; not everyone who commits murder/manslaughter has the same sentence. I am not saying this because I do not believe their thesis, I just believe they are different is all.

In this post I haven't claimed they will win I've simply provided proof that the POI applies and that gunit is wrong

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3215 on: September 01, 2019, 12:58:04 PM »
The point in dispute is, whether the POI applies in a civil case... I've provided proof it does... There's nothing to wait for on that point
There could be other factors that upset the balances.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3216 on: September 01, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »
There could be other factors that upset the balances.

If.. As gunit seems to think... The SC have said the POI does not apply in a civil case then that is a massive mistake by the SC

Offline John

« Reply #3217 on: September 01, 2019, 01:29:31 PM »
Posters are reminded of the forum rules and should not engage in any conduct which breaches those rules. Sniping, goading, use of inappropriate language, posting insulting comments and unnecessary criticism of other members should be avoided. Moderators are also reminded of the need to lead by example and should avoid inappropriate comment or unnecessary moderation.

Members can message me at any time if necessary.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3218 on: September 01, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
In this post I haven't claimed they will win I've simply provided proof that the POI applies and that gunit is wrong

Cross purposes perhaps?

G has only ever discussed  surrounding and applying to the McCanns case regarding the  FOI and POI.

I thougth you had said they will win as they have a good case.  My mistake.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3219 on: September 01, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »
Cross purposes perhaps?

G has only ever discussed  surrounding and applying to the McCanns case regarding the  FOI and POI.

I thougth you had said they will win as they have a good case.  My mistake.

No problem... I have made that point but this series of posts was specifically POI in a case, such as this...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3220 on: September 01, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »
I think its now 3 times Ive posted this...it shows that in a civil case for defamation the accused are entitled to the presumption of innocence. This is from the ECHR website...it proves conclusively that i am right an you are wrong..

Ruokanen and Others v. Finland
6 April 2010
The applicants were an editor-in-chief and a journalist and a publishing company. They
complained about their conviction of defamation following publication of an article stating
that a student had been raped in September 2000 by members of a baseball team at a
party to celebrate their victory in the Finnish championship. The applicants had been
ordered to pay over 80,000 euros in damages to compensate each member of the
baseball team.
The Court held that there had been no violation of Article 10 (freedom of expression)
of the Convention, finding that the domestic courts had struck a fair balance between the
competing interests involved, i.e. the applicants’ right to freedom of expression and the
right to reputation of the alleged perpetrators of a crime. It observed in particular that
imperatives other than matters of public concern had to be weighed up before an
incident was reported by the media to the public as fact. The right to presumption of
innocence and reputation of third parties was of equal importance
especially where
serious accusations of sexual misconduct were concerned

www.echr.coe.int/Documents/FS_Reputation_ENG.pdf.   page 11
ReplyQuoteNotify

Its about time you accepted you are wrong

You do realise that this was a case of crminal defamation, not civil?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3221 on: September 01, 2019, 03:24:28 PM »
Defamation is a criminal offence in Portugal is it not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3222 on: September 01, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »
not at the ECHR it wasnt

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3223 on: September 01, 2019, 04:05:18 PM »
Another interesting point is that from what I can see the players were never charged with any offence....but the ECHR still ruled they were entitled to the presumption of innocence

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3224 on: September 01, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »
G  you can post this a thousand times. Some people will not understand, or want to accept it.

I think sceptics tend to get themselves trapped in a groundhog time warp.

The civil case is over.
Everyone else has moved on to whatever the opinion and judgement of the European Court will be; in my opinion therefore making the past deliberations of the Portuguese judges an historic irrelevance as far as discussion is concerned.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....