Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531924 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3585 on: March 02, 2020, 11:52:31 AM »
If the McCann case doesn't get passed the application stage, it won't matter what other decisions the ECHR make.

Having looked at the admission criteria I don't see any reason why it would be rejected...do you?

Offline The General

« Reply #3586 on: March 02, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »
Do you have an affliction of some sort?

So sorry.  I should get to bed with a hotw..er bottle if I were you.  It sounds as tho it is getting worse !
Don't be sorry.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:16:24 PM by Admin »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3587 on: March 05, 2020, 10:47:07 PM »
Don't be sorry.

No, I can't stop laughing- seriously? on the topic of Human rights  you are being denied free speech!

It is just toooooo funny!   Bucket full or Irony or what.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #3588 on: March 06, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »
Please keep comments convivial folks.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3589 on: March 06, 2020, 02:32:29 PM »
Please keep comments convivial folks.

I have rarely seen any conviviality on this board. If by convivial you mean friendly, genial, affable, amiable, congenial, agreeable, good-humoured, cordial, warm, sociable, outgoing, gregarious, clubbable, companionable, hail-fellow-well-met. cheerful, jolly, jovial, merry, lively, enjoyable, festive.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3590 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41:55 PM »
I have rarely seen any conviviality on this board. If by convivial you mean friendly, genial, affable, amiable, congenial, agreeable, good-humoured, cordial, warm, sociable, outgoing, gregarious, clubbable, companionable, hail-fellow-well-met. cheerful, jolly, jovial, merry, lively, enjoyable, festive.

I have. . although I disagree on several points with the General. .I've never really had a problem with him..or him with me ...same with pathfinder

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3591 on: March 06, 2020, 05:52:46 PM »
I am literally all of those things, unless you insult me or my intelligence -  then not so much. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3592 on: March 08, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »
Barrier posted..

So you agree there'll be no book banning,so what of the author? we'd best continue in the echr thread.

i think its logically clear that if the ECHR rule in the McCanns favour then if the book is still on sale and amaral repeats his claims he could be hauled back to court and the McCanns having an ECHR ruling would have a watertight case
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:41:44 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3593 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:07 AM »
Barrier posted..

So you agree there'll be no book banning,so what of the author? we'd best continue in the echr thread.

i think its logically clear that if the ECHR rule in the McCanns favour then if the book is still on sale and amaral repeats his claims he could be hauled back to court and the McCanns having an ECHR ruling would have a watertight case

The contents of the book are widely known and available and Amaral can say what he wants unless the McCanns want to follow him around suing him in different jurisdictions.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3594 on: March 08, 2020, 10:23:13 AM »
The contents of the book are widely known and available and Amaral can say what he wants unless the McCanns want to follow him around suing him in different jurisdictions.

with a ruling from the ECHR they might just do that...it would be very easy for them

Offline barrier

« Reply #3595 on: March 08, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »
IMO the ECHR will not make a ruling until the case is closed,think about it!
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3596 on: March 08, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »

i dont agree ..think about it.

« Reply #3597 on: March 08, 2020, 10:57:30 AM »

Grrrrr ECHR on both threads- I will post this on both.

a little reminder of the action the McCanns took against Amaral/book.

The  McCanns did not sue for libel. So the ECHR will not be able to rule on that.

Their claim was based on the book stopping people from searching for their daughter- they also were seeking compensation for themselves, their three children- even though one  of them could have been dead.

The SC ruled that Amaral had freedom of expression to write the book, which was based on the theory discussed/believed by those investigating MBM's disappearance at that time.  The McCanns failed to prove that Amarals book did cause the harm they claimed.

There was no question of compensation being offered to the parents as they had no evidence to back up their claims, and the babies were too young to know pain about an 'abducted daughter'.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3598 on: March 08, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »

Grrrrr ECHR on both threads- I will post this on both.

a little reminder of the action the McCanns took against Amaral/book.

The  McCanns did not sue for libel. So the ECHR will not be able to rule on that.

Their claim was based on the book stopping people from searching for their daughter- they also were seeking compensation for themselves, their three children- even though one  of them could have been dead.

The SC ruled that Amaral had freedom of expression to write the book, which was based on the theory discussed/believed by those investigating MBM's disappearance at that time.  The McCanns failed to prove that Amarals book did cause the harm they claimed.

There was no question of compensation being offered to the parents as they had no evidence to back up their claims, and the babies were too young to know pain about an 'abducted daughter'.

you need to look at the SC ruling and you will see you are quite wrong...

this is the response to the request for the annulment as translated by amaral supporters on the PJGA Blogspot..
1. The McCanns have invoked the principle of presumption of innocence to justify the restrictions they want imposed on dr. Amaral's freedom of expression;

2. The Supreme Court stated, in its ruling, that the above is no argument because the McCanns were not considered innocent by the investigation and the case was archived because not enough evidence was found to charge them.

3. The McCanns, because they believe the above argument is false, request for the Supreme Court's decision to be nullified.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:11:00 AM by Davel »

« Reply #3599 on: March 08, 2020, 11:33:30 AM »
you need to look at the SC ruling and you will see you are quite wrong...

this is the response to the request for the annulment as translated by amaral supporters on the PJGA Blogspot..
1. The McCanns have invoked the principle of presumption of innocence to justify the restrictions they want imposed on dr. Amaral's freedom of expression;

2. The Supreme Court stated, in its ruling, that the above is no argument because the McCanns were not considered innocent by the investigation and the case was archived because not enough evidence was found to charge them.

3. The McCanns, because they believe the above argument is false, request for the Supreme Court's decision to be nullified.

I don't think I am wrong- the McCanns did not sue Amaral for libel!- because the 'argument' is them claiming innocence and the SC saying they have not been declared innocent- which they haven't because they have not been tried in a court of law.  Presumption  of innocence has not been affected as it is the right of the PJ to continue to suspect wrong doing by the parents.  That is why the case was archived. They opened the case and still not declared the McCanns innocent or guilty.

ECHR would be looking at Portugal,  to see if they managed the actual claims correctly-not Amaral, and his outcome will not be affected.