Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531773 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #3915 on: February 10, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »
Gerry McCann tried to talk about dogs when he gave evidence. The judge wasn't interested;

GMC - I want to speak about the sniffer dogs. They never alerted to any blood in the car and they never alerted to cadaver odour...

Judge [interrupts] – We are not here to ascertain that, our perspective here in this court is to analyse your claim.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.

Judge – To decide that there are already forensic experts. We are not here to prove if the contents of the book are truthful or not. Here we are only trying to establish if the freedom of expression of the defendants has affected the rights of the claimants. This court cannot be a substitute of the criminal investigation. [Turns to the interpreter] Tell the gentleman that he is excused.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4746.0

Is this ON TOPIC?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3916 on: February 10, 2021, 08:34:12 PM »
Is this ON TOPIC?
I think it is.  It shows what the McCanns are up against.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3917 on: February 10, 2021, 08:36:24 PM »
You’ve just managed to prove that Amaral was not found not guilty of libel, well done!
Could you repeat that sentence without the double negative please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3918 on: February 10, 2021, 08:36:49 PM »
Gerry McCann tried to talk about dogs when he gave evidence. The judge wasn't interested;

GMC - I want to speak about the sniffer dogs. They never alerted to any blood in the car and they never alerted to cadaver odour...

Judge [interrupts] – We are not here to ascertain that, our perspective here in this court is to analyse your claim.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.

Judge – To decide that there are already forensic experts. We are not here to prove if the contents of the book are truthful or not. Here we are only trying to establish if the freedom of expression of the defendants has affected the rights of the claimants. This court cannot be a substitute of the criminal investigation. [Turns to the interpreter] Tell the gentleman that he is excused.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4746.0

I'm obviously aware of this but what I read from the ECHR about the balance between articles 8 and 10 is that they consider the veracity of the evidence... Which makes sense.
Its like honest opinion. If the allegations being made are backed by strong evidence then free speech may have precedence.
In a Guardian article it was said that Almeida.. Who wrote the interim report... Said the main evidence against the McCanns was the dog alerts.... Which the Pj was told had no evidential value or reliability.

So in short Amarals opinions were not based on reliable evidence.... From what  I have read that will go against Portugal at the ECHR

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3919 on: February 10, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »

Its perfect as it is

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3920 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:04 PM »
I think it is.  It shows what the McCanns are up against.

Thats the Portuguese not the ECHR

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3921 on: February 10, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »

Would you please get off Davel's back.  Thankyou
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3922 on: February 10, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »

It's perfectly correct, Rob.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3923 on: February 10, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
It was my back he was on.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3924 on: February 10, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3925 on: February 10, 2021, 09:07:09 PM »
I'm obviously aware of this but what I read from the ECHR about the balance between articles 8 and 10 is that they consider the veracity of the evidence... Which makes sense.
Its like honest opinion. If the allegations being made are backed by strong evidence then free speech may have precedence.
In a Guardian article it was said that Almeida.. Who wrote the interim report... Said the main evidence against the McCanns was the dog alerts.... Which the Pj was told had no evidential value or reliability.

So in short Amarals opinions were not based on reliable evidence.... From what  I have read that will go against Portugal at the ECHR
So you think the ECHR are going to have to examine the evidence? 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3926 on: February 10, 2021, 09:08:52 PM »
Its perfect as it is
Is it really???

"You’ve just managed to prove that Amaral was not found not guilty of libel, well done!"

Can you "not found" something?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:21:07 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3927 on: February 10, 2021, 09:12:10 PM »
Thats the Portuguese not the ECHR
But how can the ECHR say the Portuguese system is wrong, what are they going to say?  "They did NOT give sufficient weight to the right to a good reputation"  But are they saying it would always tip the balance?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3928 on: February 10, 2021, 09:15:13 PM »
The sentence I question was one written by VS, not Davel.  For some reason, Davel has stepped into the conversation.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8465.msg639708#msg639708
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3929 on: February 10, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »
But how can the ECHR say the Portuguese system is wrong, what are they going to say?  "They did NOT give sufficient weight to the right to a good reputation"  But are they saying it would always tip the balance?

There are criteria used to decide which way the balance goes. One of these is the veracity of the evidence.

I've explained just now that amarals evidence is in some instances completely made up. That will go against Portugal