Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531900 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4305 on: February 19, 2021, 06:17:04 PM »
It remains to be seen whether or not the Portuguese appeal court judges have interpreted European Law correctly or not.

I don't think they have.

It's what the court thinks that is important .
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4306 on: February 19, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
It’s certainly turned out to be a Lady Chatterly’s Lover for the 21st century.
Yes, that famous work of libel against a lowly game keeper and his hoity toity bit of skirt.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4307 on: February 19, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »
you’re forgetting that they did find a court that agreed with them, some stupid empathetic female judge in Portugal who got overruled, remember?

I think she was actually a pretty tough cookie who heard the case without fear or favour and who reached the right decision.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4308 on: February 19, 2021, 06:21:32 PM »
Not according to two higher Courts.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4309 on: February 19, 2021, 06:22:56 PM »
I think she was actually a pretty tough cookie who heard the case without fear or favour and who reached the right decision.
Yes no doubt, I was empathaising with the sceptical position ;-)
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4310 on: February 19, 2021, 06:27:43 PM »

The judgement of which will hopefully be subject to the scrutiny of an even higher court.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4311 on: February 19, 2021, 06:30:59 PM »
Is it two?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4312 on: February 19, 2021, 06:47:44 PM »
The judgement of which will hopefully be subject to the scrutiny of an even higher court.

Indeed it will, even if it's discarded along the way.

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4313 on: February 19, 2021, 07:16:31 PM »
you’re forgetting that they did find a court that agreed with them, some stupid empathetic female judge in Portugal who got overruled, remember?

Only by ruling (mistakenly) that Amaral's freedom of expression was reduced due to his previous employment.

Even the first judge dismissed a lot of their claims;

VI. Over the remaining part, dismiss the requests made in the action attached by the claimants KATE MARIE HEALY MACCANN and  GERALD PATRICK MACCANN against the defendants  GONÇALO AMARAL,  GUERRA&PAZ, EDITORES, SA and VC–VALENTIM DE CARVALHO-FILMES, AUDIOVISUAIS, SA and of the same claims acquit the defendants.

VII. Fully dismiss the claims made in the attached action against the defendant  TVI-INDEPENDENT TELEVISION, SA, and of those claims acquit the defendant.

VIII. Fully dismiss the requests made in the attached action by the claimants  MADELEINE MCCANN, SEAN MICHAEL MCCANN and AMELIE EVE MCCANN.

Neither did she order Amaral or his codefendants to pay the McCann's costs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4314 on: February 19, 2021, 07:19:20 PM »
Only by ruling (mistakenly) that Amaral's freedom of expression was reduced due to his previous employment.

Even the first judge dismissed a lot of their claims;

VI. Over the remaining part, dismiss the requests made in the action attached by the claimants KATE MARIE HEALY MACCANN and  GERALD PATRICK MACCANN against the defendants  GONÇALO AMARAL,  GUERRA&PAZ, EDITORES, SA and VC–VALENTIM DE CARVALHO-FILMES, AUDIOVISUAIS, SA and of the same claims acquit the defendants.

VII. Fully dismiss the claims made in the attached action against the defendant  TVI-INDEPENDENT TELEVISION, SA, and of those claims acquit the defendant.

VIII. Fully dismiss the requests made in the attached action by the claimants  MADELEINE MCCANN, SEAN MICHAEL MCCANN and AMELIE EVE MCCANN.

Neither did she order Amaral or his codefendants to pay the McCann's costs.
There you go, she was stupid, she made mistakes, she didn’t even really find in favour of the McCanns, blah blah blah.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4315 on: February 19, 2021, 08:44:15 PM »
The most important word is mostly. It's the things Amaral added on that did most damage... Plus he did not give a balanced view of the investigation. Why do you think he failed to mention the alerts had no evidential value... Instead of claiming they confirmed Maddie died in the apartment..

Whether you agree or not, the judge informed the lawyers on 21st January 2015 of the facts which she considered proven and not proven. As the McCann's lawyers raised no objections, it's too late now to argue about them imo.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5931.0
Result = happy posting.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4316 on: February 19, 2021, 09:56:22 PM »
How much longer until we get the definitive conclusion?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline barrier

« Reply #4317 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:46 PM »
How much longer until we get the definitive conclusion?

Clear as mud I think holly.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4318 on: February 19, 2021, 11:09:59 PM »
1. Was there an infringement of the applicants' right to respect for their private life, within the meaning of Article 8 § 1 of the Convention (see, Axel Springer AG v. Germany [GC], no. 39954/08 , § 83, 7 February 2012; and Larrañaga Arando and Others v. Spain (dec.), Nos. 73911/16, 233/17 3086/17 and 5155/17, § 42, 25 June 2019) with regard in particular to the allegations made by GA in the disputed book and documentary?

The other interesting point in the Axel Springer case is that he was seen as having “actively sought the limelight” which reduced his “legitimate expectation” that his private life would be protected.

That was a point made in the McCann case, that they had voluntarily become public figures, which meant they couldn't expect the same protection of their privacy as less public people can expect.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4319 on: February 19, 2021, 11:45:57 PM »
del, wrong case.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 11:52:24 PM by Vertigo Swirl »