Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531823 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4335 on: February 23, 2021, 09:29:23 PM »
Its finally dawning on the sun at least.

In ensuing claims and appeals, Mr Amaral was cleared of any wrong doing which led to the McCanns’ latest action being filed against the country’s top court rather than the ex officer.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14128062/madeleine-mccann-christian-b-parents-charged-lawyer/

Now why has this story been released? It's not as if there is anything really new in it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4336 on: February 23, 2021, 11:24:29 PM »
Now why has this story been released? It's not as if there is anything really new in it.

What is new is the admission that the application is against Portugal, not Amaral. There's also no mention of any cost being involved. No compensation to be paid, no emptying out of Madeleine's Fund.

Admitting losing another case against Amaral would, imo, be more humiliating than losing a case against the Portuguese state. Just my thoughts.....
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4337 on: February 24, 2021, 12:49:06 AM »
What is new is the admission that the application is against Portugal, not Amaral. There's also no mention of any cost being involved. No compensation to be paid, no emptying out of Madeleine's Fund.

Admitting losing another case against Amaral would, imo, be more humiliating than losing a case against the Portuguese state. Just my thoughts.....

I believe the fund accounts are due to be made public next month so I suppose we’ll see then if the money owed from the failed libel case has been paid yet.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4338 on: February 24, 2021, 07:22:06 AM »
I believe the fund accounts are due to be made public next month so I suppose we’ll see then if the money owed from the failed libel case has been paid yet.
I’m sure we can count on you to bring us the news the moment the accounts are published, as always.  Were they filed late?  I presume not as you would no doubt have taken great delight in telling us about that too.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #4339 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »

I can't believe that the Sun have suddenly  decided to do honest reporting for no reason. 
Do they know something that we don't regarding this application ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4340 on: February 24, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »

But how humiliating for Portugal and Amaral if they lose

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4341 on: February 24, 2021, 09:26:20 AM »
I can't believe that the Sun have suddenly  decided to do honest reporting for no reason. 
Do they know something that we don't regarding this application ?
I expect so.  I expect the ECHR came to a decision in secret and decided only to tell the Sun, but asked them to break it to the expectant nation gently to prevent a mass outpouring of grief.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4342 on: February 24, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »
But how humiliating for Portugal and Amaral if they lose

I didn't think areas of land were capable of feeling emotions, but, you're the scientist so maybe you know better.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4343 on: February 24, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
I didn't think areas of land were capable of feeling emotions, but, you're the scientist so maybe you know better.
I don't know about other land masses but certainly there's a precedent for Portugal
https://face2faceafrica.com/article/angola-and-portugal-relations

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4344 on: February 24, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »
I don't know about other land masses but certainly there's a precedent for Portugal
https://face2faceafrica.com/article/angola-and-portugal-relations

I just checked & apparently Britain can also sense humiliation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/05/failing-deliver-brexit-will-inflict-britain-national-humiliation/

A fascinating concept, the self awareness of mud & rock.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4345 on: February 24, 2021, 09:58:30 AM »
I just checked & apparently Britain can also sense humiliation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/05/failing-deliver-brexit-will-inflict-britain-national-humiliation/

A fascinating concept, the self awareness of mud & rock.
You're just soooooo literal.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4346 on: February 24, 2021, 01:50:10 PM »
I’m sure we can count on you to bring us the news the moment the accounts are published, as always.  Were they filed late?  I presume not as you would no doubt have taken great delight in telling us about that too.

They appear to be getting filed later than usual. Probably because they're taking advantage of the 3 month extension to the deadline.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4347 on: February 24, 2021, 01:59:57 PM »
They appear to be getting filed later than usual. Probably because they're taking advantage of the 3 month extension to the deadline.
Oh no, does this mean we've got to wait longer than usual for our yearly poring over the Fund's accounts?  What a shame.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4348 on: February 24, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »

I don't suppose they are doing much 'business' at the moment, so maybe timely accounts are a bit of a bore just now.

Or maybe not -

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4349 on: February 24, 2021, 02:20:40 PM »

TBH I think that those involved in the fund have a bit of a cheek still taking money for the ‘search’ when a) the British, Portuguese and German taxpayers are now financing the search to the tune of tens of millions of pounds and b) apart from a free Facebook page, which only posts something when the webmistress is prodded, there seems to be absolutely no visible activity being carried out by them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:23:56 PM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?