Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531910 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4470 on: January 04, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »
PMs to John are perfectly legitimate.
Complaining to Mods is totally useless in my experience.
I trust John to make an honest decision, whatever the issue is.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4471 on: January 04, 2022, 06:24:23 PM »
I am heartily sick of snide comments being directed at me. I was not involved in any way, shape or form in the incident which led to Eleanor's demotion
Oh dear!  Don’t you like being falsely accused?  Shouldn’t you just stay silent and take it on the chin like the McCanns should have done?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #4472 on: January 04, 2022, 06:27:00 PM »
I am heartily sick of snide comments being directed at me. I was not involved in any way, shape or form in the incident which led to Eleanor's demotion

I have sadly learned repeatedly, from past experience, not to entirely trust you
But IF the above is the case, I apologize to you.  Soz

Cite please < only joking.  8(>((

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4473 on: January 04, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »
You are a master at responding to my posts without actually referencing the point made.  I think this is called “strawman”.  Please stop doing it.

You claimed that PM had been used to "to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs." I replied that only valid complaints would be acted upon. Which 'point' did I miss?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4474 on: January 04, 2022, 06:42:15 PM »
I have sadly learned repeatedly, from past experience, not to entirely trust you
But IF the above is the case, I apologize to you.  Soz

Cite please ... only joking.  8(>((

I should think so too. Has someone been spreading rumours via PM about me lol?
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4475 on: January 04, 2022, 06:54:17 PM »
I should think so too. Has someone been spreading rumours via PM about me lol?

Time you learned to accept apologies graciously, me thinks.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4476 on: January 04, 2022, 06:56:16 PM »
You claimed that PM had been used to "to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs." I replied that only valid complaints would be acted upon. Which 'point' did I miss?
You seem to have serious comprehension issues.  You claimed not to understand what was meant by a backdoor route, indeed you claimed you would love to know what it meant.  I think you were being obtuse and/or disingenuous nonetheless I supplied the answer which was the point of my post.  I made no reference regarding validity or otherwise so why bring it up? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4477 on: January 04, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »
She doesn’t do gracious IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4478 on: January 04, 2022, 07:52:34 PM »

I do if they're wholehearted; I'm not so keen on qualified apologies wrapped up in insults.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4479 on: January 04, 2022, 08:04:34 PM »
You seem to have serious comprehension issues.  You claimed not to understand what was meant by a backdoor route, indeed you claimed you would love to know what it meant.  I think you were being obtuse and/or disingenuous nonetheless I supplied the answer which was the point of my post.  I made no reference regarding validity or otherwise so why bring it up?

You suggested that PMs were being used to 'complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs'. I suspect a lot of PMs do that, but only those sent to forum officials can affect people, and then only if the complaint is considered
valid. That's the only way a 'backdoor route' can affect anyone. PMing forum officials, btw, is a perfectly acceptable way to raise a complaint.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4480 on: January 04, 2022, 08:49:32 PM »
You suggested that PMs were being used to 'complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs'. I suspect a lot of PMs do that, but only those sent to forum officials can affect people, and then only if the complaint is considered
valid. That's the only way a 'backdoor route' can affect anyone. PMing forum officials, btw, is a perfectly acceptable way to raise a complaint.
I was explaining to you what a “backdoor route” meant  which you claimed not to understand or that it was the product of an over-active imagination.  You were imo being rude and obtuse towards Sadie because imo you knew full well what she was referring to.  Your post above fails to address that point.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4481 on: January 04, 2022, 09:28:29 PM »
I was explaining to you what a “backdoor route” meant  which you claimed not to understand or that it was the product of an over-active imagination.  You were imo being rude and obtuse towards Sadie because imo you knew full well what she was referring to.  Your post above fails to address that point.

It was very kind of you to help Sadie to answer my question. I do wonder how you seemed to know exactly what she was referring to, however. I didn't. Or was it just a lucky guess? Perhaps she'll answer for herself in her own good time.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4482 on: January 04, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »
It was very kind of you to help Sadie to answer my question. I do wonder how you seemed to know exactly what she was referring to, however. I didn't. Or was it just a lucky guess? Perhaps she'll answer for herself in her own good time.
Once again, your ability to understand simple English seems to have deserted you.

I initially wrote:

“I expect Sadie means by PM, which enables people to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs.  Were you unaware of this facility.”

Since that post you have repeatedly avoided answering my question, just as you repeatedly avoid answering any of my questions.  I can only surmise from this that you find my questions far too challenging to answer honestly. 

There is only one “backdoor route” on any forum and that is via PM, unless you think Sadie meant someone opened an actual backdoor to go and meet a member of the moderation team in their home? 

What I don’t like are your sneering attempts at mocking Sadie.  Bad form for a moderator IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4483 on: January 05, 2022, 08:12:36 AM »
Once again, your ability to understand simple English seems to have deserted you.

I initially wrote:

“I expect Sadie means by PM, which enables people to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs.  Were you unaware of this facility.”

Since that post you have repeatedly avoided answering my question, just as you repeatedly avoid answering any of my questions.  I can only surmise from this that you find my questions far too challenging to answer honestly. 

There is only one “backdoor route” on any forum and that is via PM, unless you think Sadie meant someone opened an actual backdoor to go and meet a member of the moderation team in their home? 

What I don’t like are your sneering attempts at mocking Sadie.  Bad form for a moderator IMO.

I do answer your questions and if you don't like my answers that's tough. Sadie unfairly accused me of being cowardly and sneaky, for which she apologised, although not wholeheartedly imo.

I think this subject is now closed as far as I'm concerned. I've done nothing to deserve what I see as attacks on my character and I will take further action if it continues.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4484 on: January 05, 2022, 08:41:00 AM »
I do answer your questions and if you don't like my answers that's tough. Sadie unfairly accused me of being cowardly and sneaky, for which she apologised, although not wholeheartedly imo.

I think this subject is now closed as far as I'm concerned. I've done nothing to deserve what I see as attacks on my character and I will take further action if it continues.
You didn’t  answer my question.  You answered another question which I did not ask.  You do this frequently.  It is very annoying.  You’re right.  I don’t like it.  If you don’t like me pointing this out that’s tough.