Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531797 times)

Offline barrier

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4530 on: January 15, 2022, 09:55:10 AM »
It's a good job that I intend to live long and prosper.

Me three.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4531 on: January 15, 2022, 09:59:12 AM »
If you looked at other cases as I've done I think you would see that the SC were wrong in the McCann case too

Although not entirely wrong in the Case of The First Instance.  Younger Judges are up and coming which gives some hope for Portugal.

At least The ECHR will have noted that decision.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4532 on: January 15, 2022, 10:00:29 AM »
Although not entirely wrong in the Case of The First Instance.  Younger Judges are up and coming which gives some hope for Portugal.

At least The ECHR will have noted that decision.

Totally agree

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4533 on: January 15, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »

Me three.

Yep.  And a few others.  Who'd a thought it fifteen years ago?  But I haven't half learned a lot.  If only to add to my already vast cache of useless information.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4534 on: January 15, 2022, 10:24:11 AM »
Totally agree

I have wondered if The ECHR Judges actually read The Book, although probably not.  It can be very difficult for ordinary people to separate the wheat from the chaff when so much of it is irrelevant.  As has been frequently displayed on this Forum.

I had some discourse in Courts of Law during my hay days which first brought this to my attention.  But I never lost one single case.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4535 on: January 15, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »
I thought you already had.  8((()*/

Now that is funny.  I nearly died laughing.

I am only 82 you know.  And brain still working.  Well, most of the time.

Comments like this are what gives me hope for you.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4536 on: January 15, 2022, 11:32:37 AM »
If you looked at other cases as I've done I think you would see that the SC were wrong in the McCann case too

We shall see, one day.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4537 on: January 15, 2022, 11:39:08 AM »
We shall see, one day.

An accurate post for once

Offline misty

« Reply #4538 on: January 15, 2022, 12:55:30 PM »
The cases are very different. Defaming an individual is a civil matter but insulting a public body is a criminal matter. Most European countries have a similar law and offenders can be jailed.

Yes, I agree in hindsight and my comparison was poor in choice. In UK Government bodies cannot sue anyone for defamation due to the Derbyshire Principle. However, that doesn't take away the fact that SCP failed to recognise the journalist had greater rights to freedom of speech because he was writing about matters which were in the public interest (not to be confused with the interest of the public) about a government body with less protection under Article 8.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4539 on: January 15, 2022, 12:58:44 PM »
Yes, I agree in hindsight and my comparison was poor in choice. In UK Government bodies cannot sue anyone for defamation due to the Derbyshire Principle. However, that doesn't take away the fact that SCP failed to recognise the journalist had greater rights to freedom of speech because he was writing about matters which were in the public interest (not to be confused with the interest of the public) about a government body with less protection under Article 8.

Another good comment.

Offline Admin

« Reply #4540 on: January 15, 2022, 02:14:41 PM »
Poster are reminded to stay on topic and keep responses relative to the discussion in hand.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4541 on: February 10, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
A few stats from last year for Portugal, 5 cases went to the echr, 3 had violations, 2 didn't , so 60-40 split .

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Stats_violation_2021_ENG.pdf
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4542 on: February 28, 2022, 08:12:23 PM »
Updated Jan 22 shows that McCann /Healey V Portugal has still not reached the dizzy heights of noteworthy pending, those that are were communicated in 2017, 5 yr's is a standard perchance ? from communication to hearing.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4543 on: February 28, 2022, 11:06:25 PM »
Was anyones personal reputation attacked.. Was anyone accused of committing a criminal offence

These are the sort of things you need to look at

The reputation of neglecting their daughter- leaving her to all sorts of danger.
 Being a suspect in a criminal case?

Yes, been looked at...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4544 on: April 17, 2022, 09:54:26 AM »
The Sun is once again reporting that;

"MADELEINE McCann’s parents risk losing a large chunk of funds set aside to continue the search for her — to a former cop...

A source close to the family said: “If Gerry and Kate lose their appeal, there will be damages to pay and a big legal costs bill."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18286694/madeleine-mccann-search-fund-former-cop/

There's been no report of Amaral being awarded damages by any court.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0