Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531914 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5445 on: March 01, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »
A court of law is the place to sort truth from lies; that's what criminal trials are for. In this case a trial didn't happen, so we don't know the answers. Your opinions are immaterial.

There is just so much iinnacuracy and contradiction in your post its impossible to take you seriously.

What was the portuguese court if not a court of law
Every trial Ive seen involving libel establishes the facts...thats what governs the outcome

What court of law in this case established taht the alerts to cadaver were  were proven facts

based on those three points its fair to refer to your post as utter junk. if you disagree please show which point Ive made is untrue....you wont be able to

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5446 on: March 01, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »
Why was there No Trial I have to wonder.

there was a trial...a civil trial. ..where the facts are established. The ECHR does not question the established facts...they do not act as a fourth court. I think the McCanns were badly let down by their legal team

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5447 on: March 01, 2023, 01:22:50 PM »
Why was there No Trial I have to wonder.

Insufficient evidence to arrest the McCanns.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5448 on: March 01, 2023, 08:36:14 PM »
Insufficient evidence to arrest the McCanns.

In reality there was no evidence against the mccanns....thats fact not opinion...if you disagree tell us what evidence you think there was
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 08:50:35 PM by Mr Gray »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5449 on: March 01, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »
In reality there was no evidence against the mccanns....thats fact not opinion...if you disagree tell us what evidence you think there was
Apparently changing your statement (despite it conferring no actual advantage to oneself) is evidence of guilt unless it’s done by Murat, then it’s absolutely fine.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5450 on: March 01, 2023, 08:58:14 PM »
Apparently changing your statement (despite it conferring no actual advantage to oneself) is evidence of guilt unless it’s done by Murat, then it’s absolutely fine.

the witness statements are not admissible....next

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5451 on: March 01, 2023, 09:40:30 PM »
the witness statements are not admissible....next

Right, so no evidence of abduction.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline sadie

« Reply #5452 on: March 02, 2023, 12:20:14 AM »
Right, so no evidence of abduction.
You are wrong as usual.

Jane Tanners sighting is evidence ... that is the simplest one ... but there are several others, which i have gone through ad finitum.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5453 on: March 02, 2023, 07:19:21 AM »
You are wrong as usual.

Jane Tanners sighting is evidence ... that is the simplest one ... but there are several others, which i have gone through ad finitum.

Jane Tanner saw a man carrying a child, that's all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5454 on: March 02, 2023, 07:32:14 AM »
Jane Tanner saw a man carrying a child, that's all.
You missed out where she saw it and on what day and time. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #5455 on: March 02, 2023, 09:33:38 AM »
And the direction in which he was walking.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5456 on: March 02, 2023, 09:36:04 AM »

Irrelevant. Jane Tanners witness statement is inadmissible as evidence.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5457 on: March 02, 2023, 12:26:05 PM »
Has the dog ever been tested re stale urine

I have numerous reasons for having wondered about that as well for well over a decade... The response may depend on whether the dog is in work mode or not.

But we're still back to the dogs as opposed to the basis of the ECtHR ruling. The ECtHR can't go back to examining a potential butterfly effect. Not their job.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:40:43 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #5458 on: March 02, 2023, 12:44:52 PM »
I was actually interested in the ECtHR thread in terms of legal arguments, but it's gone so off course. Again. Never mind.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5459 on: March 02, 2023, 01:33:49 PM »
I was actually interested in the ECtHR thread in terms of legal arguments, but it's gone so off course. Again. Never mind.

ive summed it up many times but no one sinterested.

The deciision of both the SC and the ECHR was how to balance the conficting rights of article 8 vs article 10...article 8 with respect to the right to reputation.

One of the important factors and in this case the deciding factor was the veracity of the claim. It seems quite fair in as much that you can say what you like about someone as long as it has  a reasonable basis in fact .

the proven facts...which of course were  never proven or facts was the basis of the SC judgement. They gave amaral the legitimite right to his freedom of expression.....they gave his thesis veracity.

Unfortunately for the McCannns the ECHR do not question the facts from the initial trial so ruled that Amarals thesis was based on true facts....they werent....and has sufficient factual basis for article 10 to prevail.

The McCanns lawyers should have insisted on questioning the facts but initially it was not really a libel trial ...it was whether the book had caused damage to the mCCann family.......i could go into more detail but its complex