Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 531831 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5595 on: March 10, 2023, 01:18:18 PM »
Do you have a link to the list of proven and unproven facts presented to the lawyers by Judge Maria Emília Melo e Castro on 21st January 2015?
It's on the forum... obviously once again you were criticising from a position of ignorance

Offline barrier

« Reply #5596 on: March 10, 2023, 02:25:51 PM »
It's on the forum... obviously once again you were criticising from a position of ignorance

That list is obviously the basis of the judgement which contained the contested articles of which the McCanns took Amaral to court over, the full judgement later on is that, full judgement. Your beef seems to be with the lawyers in allowing the proven fact containing the dogs alerts to be included so once again not that'll you answer how were they supposed to contest a judgement which went in their favour.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5597 on: March 10, 2023, 02:49:24 PM »
That list is obviously the basis of the judgement which contained the contested articles of which the McCanns took Amaral to court over, the full judgement later on is that, full judgement. Your beef seems to be with the lawyers in allowing the proven fact containing the dogs alerts to be included so once again not that'll you answer how were they supposed to contest a judgement which went in their favour.
I answer just about everything. The McCanns lawyers did argue that the dogs were unreliable...that the DNA was unreliable.
The McCanns did want a libel trial but the judge didn't and dodged the issue. She decided to go for Duty of Reserve ...I agree they were then in a difficult position.... accept and run the risk they did ...or...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5598 on: March 10, 2023, 02:53:39 PM »
I'm still trying to work out how the alerts became proven facts...which resulted in defeat at the ECHR. Did the fact they accepted the judgement result in the dog alerts becoming a proven fact as far as the Portuguese courts were concerned

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5599 on: March 10, 2023, 03:12:19 PM »

" ... it did not appear that G.A. had been motivated by personal animosity towards the applicants." Information Note on the Court’s case-law 266
September 2022

It was assumed that Amaral was not motivated by personal animosity.  I see no evidence to substantiate that opinion; then I'm not a learned judge 👀
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #5600 on: March 10, 2023, 03:19:37 PM »
I answer just about everything. The McCanns lawyers did argue that the dogs were unreliable...that the DNA was unreliable.
The McCanns did want a libel trial but the judge didn't and dodged the issue. She decided to go for Duty of Reserve ...I agree they were then in a difficult position.... accept and run the risk they did ...or...

Maybe the lawyers employed by the McCanns told them that would be the best course of action.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5601 on: March 10, 2023, 03:34:47 PM »

" ... it did not appear that G.A. had been motivated by personal animosity towards the applicants." Information Note on the Court’s case-law 266
September 2022

It was assumed that Amaral was not motivated by personal animosity.  I see no evidence to substantiate that opinion; then I'm not a learned judge 👀
It's all opinion at the end of the day and unconscious bias is bound to play its part no matter how supposedly impartial the judge. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5602 on: March 10, 2023, 03:37:14 PM »
Hey, you didn't answer my question from yesterday.  We're under no obligation to reply to any question put to us, just ask G-Unit (though she may not reply - lol).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5603 on: March 10, 2023, 03:52:13 PM »

September 2022

Have you seen any evidence to the contrary? Can you give any examples of Amaral's animus toward the McCanns?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #5604 on: March 10, 2023, 05:07:50 PM »

September 2022

It was assumed that Amaral was not motivated by personal animosity.  I see no evidence to substantiate that opinion; then I'm not a learned judge

The McCanns were nothing to Gonçalo Amaral but suspects, in my view he had no personal animosity towards them until they attacked him legally in the courts. I guarantee the animosity went through the roof after that.

He wouldn't have risen to the level he did in the PJ unless he was a capable officer. He certainly had a number of high profile convictions under his belt by the time the McCann case came along.

You could say the McCann case destroyed his career.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:11:14 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5605 on: March 10, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »
The McCanns were nothing to Gonçalo Amaral but suspects, in my view he had no personal animosity towards them until they attacked him legally in the courts. I guarantee the animosity went through the roof after that.

He wouldn't have risen to the level he did in the PJ unless he was a capable officer. He certainly had a number of high profile convictions under his belt by the time the McCann case came along.

Which happened before he published his book, hence the animosity.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5606 on: March 10, 2023, 06:16:50 PM »

My opinion ~ Amaral has evidenced his his animus towards the McCanns by his incapability of mentioning their names without traducing them in the process.

One addition to Amaral's high profile conviction rate - the Cipriano case, for which he was eventually awarded a criminal conviction for perjury - could explain his visceral hatred of the McCanns.  They thwarted the tried and tested methods demonstrated by him and Cristovao when dealing with investigation of missing children cases.

Both were thugs who needed no assistance from anyone in destroying their careers as they and their associates managed to do that perfectly well on their own.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5607 on: March 10, 2023, 06:30:45 PM »
Which happened before he published his book, hence the animosity.

In his first interview after the ECHR verdict was announced, Amaral used the opportunity to libel the McCanns with the same accusations he made in 2007 and at every opportunity during the intervening years since.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5608 on: March 10, 2023, 06:53:44 PM »
My opinion ~ Amaral has evidenced his his animus towards the McCanns by his incapability of mentioning their names without traducing them in the process.

One addition to Amaral's high profile conviction rate - the Cipriano case, for which he was eventually awarded a criminal conviction for perjury - could explain his visceral hatred of the McCanns.  They thwarted the tried and tested methods demonstrated by him and Cristovao when dealing with investigation of missing children cases.

Both were thugs who needed no assistance from anyone in destroying their careers as they and their associates managed to do that perfectly well on their own.

This is true and has always been my opinion.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5609 on: March 10, 2023, 08:24:32 PM »

What were these high profile convictions..He totally misunderstood the evidence in the McCann case...that's a provable fact.

I wonder how many of his successful convictions involved beating a confession out of suspects
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 08:27:18 PM by Mr Gray »