Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240608 times)

Alfie

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #480 on: July 18, 2016, 09:52:40 PM »
A former labour spin doctor has just said on the Brexit debate programme on Channel 5 that if there was an election tomorrow she feels that Labour would be on course to lose as many as. 100 seats. 

Offline mercury

« Reply #481 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:47 AM »
You are a very short sighted man alfie

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #482 on: July 19, 2016, 06:42:26 AM »
You are a very short sighted man alfie

Like a lot of the commentators Alfie thinks the sole purpose of a political party is to win elections no matter what it takes. The party working hardest in my area is the Green Party, who are principled people caring desperately for the environment and drawing attention to what we can all do. They won't win a general election but they do a lot of good. From being derided as tree huggers they've come a long way.

The 172 rebel MP's are centrist modernisers. The Conservatives are occupying their ground at the moment so they haven't a hope of defeating them. Corbyn seems to have inspired a lot of people and Labour should give his ideas a proper chance. Being popular with the media is no accolade in my opinion because the media supports the status quo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #483 on: July 19, 2016, 08:05:05 AM »
Like a lot of the commentators Alfie thinks the sole purpose of a political party is to win elections no matter what it takes. The party working hardest in my area is the Green Party, who are principled people caring desperately for the environment and drawing attention to what we can all do. They won't win a general election but they do a lot of good. From being derided as tree huggers they've come a long way.

The 172 rebel MP's are centrist modernisers. The Conservatives are occupying their ground at the moment so they haven't a hope of defeating them. Corbyn seems to have inspired a lot of people and Labour should give his ideas a proper chance. Being popular with the media is no accolade in my opinion because the media supports the status quo.
So you don't think the country needs a strong and united opposition to government?  Like I've said several times beffore, if you're content for the Labour Party to sink to the level of a pressure group like the Greens, relinquishing any opportunity to govern the country, then fine.  It's your position, but one which many particularly within the PLP would disagree with.

Alfie

« Reply #484 on: July 19, 2016, 09:18:59 AM »
Why does a centre left Labour Party have no hope of beating a centre right Conservative Party?  With a charismatic leader, who enjoys a united front bench and support from the back bench, with coherent and well-communicated policies that appeal to the electorate, surely that is a better bet than a Jeremy Corbyn who fronts a party in complete disarray, who treats the media with contempt, who surrounds himself with intimidating thugs and bullies, a man who votes against his party's OWN policies as we saw last night on Trident.  How in God's name is that a preferable scenario?!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #485 on: July 19, 2016, 09:25:38 AM »
Why does a centre left Labour Party have no hope of beating a centre right Conservative Party?  With a charismatic leader, who enjoys a united front bench and support from the back bench, with coherent and well-communicated policies that appeal to the electorate, surely that is a better bet than a Jeremy Corbyn who fronts a party in complete disarray, who treats the media with contempt, who surrounds himself with intimidating thugs and bullies, a man who votes against his party's OWN policies as we saw last night on Trident.  How in God's name is that a preferable scenario?!

I do chuckle at the way he deals with the press on his doorstep whilst they're firing questions at him...

'goodmorning, how nice to see you, thankyou so much for coming, goodbye'

He doesn't play their game, & that's why I like him.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #486 on: July 19, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »
I do chuckle at the way he deals with the press on his doorstep whilst they're firing questions at him...

'goodmorning, how nice to see you, thankyou so much for coming, goodbye'

He doesn't play their game, & that's why I like him.

I've just seen the arch snake Hilary Benn on TV. He's supporting Angela Eagle but was completely unable to explain just what she has to offer. The latest poll puts JC well ahead of both of the challengers. What on earth happens if he wins again I don't know. Will MP's be deselected and new by-elections arranged? The Constituency Parties would have already deselected a few had they not been stopped. Whether the MP's like it or not the party members seem to prefer Corbyn.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #487 on: July 19, 2016, 01:19:19 PM »
I've just seen the arch snake Hilary Benn on TV. He's supporting Angela Eagle but was completely unable to explain just what she has to offer. The latest poll puts JC well ahead of both of the challengers. What on earth happens if he wins again I don't know. Will MP's be deselected and new by-elections arranged? The Constituency Parties would have already deselected a few had they not been stopped. Whether the MP's like it or not the party members seem to prefer Corbyn.
The end of the Labour Party as a serious force in politics, obviously. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #488 on: July 19, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »
The end of the Labour Party as a serious force in politics, obviously.

It would be interesting to see what the Conservatives would do in that situation. Would they give full reign to their instincts or play nicely?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #489 on: July 19, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
It would be interesting to see what the Conservatives would do in that situation. Would they give full reign to their instincts or play nicely?
Similarly it would be interesting to know what you would advocate Tory MPs should do if they found themselves with a far right leader whose views did not chime with the majority of his/her fellow Tory MPs but who found him/herself leader thanks to a change to the voting system which skewed things very much in favour of someone with extreme conservative views.  Just put up with it, I suppose!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #490 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
Similarly it would be interesting to know what you would advocate Tory MPs should do if they found themselves with a far right leader whose views did not chime with the majority of his/her fellow Tory MPs but who found him/herself leader thanks to a change to the voting system which skewed things very much in favour of someone with extreme conservative views.  Just put up with it, I suppose!

Not interested in the Tories, but;

It's all down to the first past the post system whereby career politicians shoehorn themselves into the two largest Parties because they want promotion. Blair ruthlessly hijacked the Labour Party and took it away from it's roots. He won elections but he wasn't Labour.

The people saw this and have joined in their thousands to vote for a Labour leader. If Smith or Eagle win those members will go again and the backstabbers will be left in the wilderness because who's going to vote for people who have rejected democracy?

The NEC is running scared because they know if they allow constituency meetings there will be deselections. They can't suspend the meetings forever though. The grassroots seem determined to have their say.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #491 on: July 19, 2016, 05:42:24 PM »
Not interested in the Tories, but;

It's all down to the first past the post system whereby career politicians shoehorn themselves into the two largest Parties because they want promotion. Blair ruthlessly hijacked the Labour Party and took it away from it's roots. He won elections but he wasn't Labour.

The people saw this and have joined in their thousands to vote for a Labour leader. If Smith or Eagle win those members will go again and the backstabbers will be left in the wilderness because who's going to vote for people who have rejected democracy?

The NEC is running scared because they know if they allow constituency meetings there will be deselections. They can't suspend the meetings forever though. The grassroots seem determined to have their say.
You don't need to be interested in the Tories to answer my question, but I understand if swerving it is easier.
Eagle has taken herself out of the equation so it is now Owen v Corbyn.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Corbyn will win and that, sadly, will be the end of that. 

Alfie

« Reply #492 on: July 19, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
For those of you who like to rubbish the rebel Labour MPs as self-interested, selfish opportunists, perhaps you should read the following speech by the ex shadow-transport minister Lilian Greenwood.  It tells you everything you need to know about Corbyn's competency to lead a team. 

"How would you feel if your boss undermined your work and when you complained he listened and then did nothing different?

How would you feel if you were part of a team and you knew that not only was your boss undermining you but that this was happening to other colleagues?"

http://www.liliangreenwood.co.uk/lilian_s_speech_to_nottingham_south_labour_party_members

Easy to dismiss it as a whinge, as I'm sure you will, but do try and put yourself in this woman's shoes if you possible can, then tell us why she is wrong about Jeremy.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #493 on: July 19, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »
For those of you who like to rubbish the rebel Labour MPs as self-interested, selfish opportunists, perhaps you should read the following speech by the ex shadow-transport minister Lilian Greenwood.  It tells you everything you need to know about Corbyn's competency to lead a team. 

"How would you feel if your boss undermined your work and when you complained he listened and then did nothing different?

How would you feel if you were part of a team and you knew that not only was your boss undermining you but that this was happening to other colleagues?"

http://www.liliangreenwood.co.uk/lilian_s_speech_to_nottingham_south_labour_party_members

Easy to dismiss it as a whinge
, as I'm sure you will, but do try and put yourself in this woman's shoes if you possible can, then tell us why she is wrong about Jeremy.

"He undermined me & made me look weak & I was miserable & in despair & tired & emotional & ...... 8)><("

This is why women have no place in politics.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline mercury

« Reply #494 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:30 AM »
The snakey eagle has departed thank god
Now smith thnks he can be leader

*&*%£