Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92474 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
At the end of the day does it really matter?  If you don't like the way the forum operates there is no obligation for you to continue posting is there?  Perhaps a wholly sceptic forum moderated by sceptics would be better suited to your agenda?

Stop the myths? is the route you require?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2019, 11:43:40 AM »
Glad you acknowledge it.

Two Sceptic Mods.  Brietta and I don't even communicate by PM.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »
At the end of the day does it really matter?  If you don't like the way the forum operates there is no obligation for you to continue posting is there?  Perhaps a wholly sceptic forum moderated by sceptics would be better suited to your agenda?

It seems to matter to you judging by your complaints when things don't go your way. Perhaps a supporter forum might suit you better?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 12:53:19 PM »
So you think that Supporter Mods should support each other even if they disagree?  We aren't all brain welded you know.

The Rules are laid down.  I suggest you read them.  But don't think I don't know when Members try to circumvent them.  Brietta's interpretation of that is her own affair.

And we all know what happens when two Moderators gang up together.

So the rules are open to interpretation by everyone; members and moderators alike?  If a member posts something they think is OK a moderator can come along and delete it. Then John can come along and reinstate it.That sounds to me like the rules aren't clear enough. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »
Stop the myths? is the route you require?
Is that a sceptic forum now?  I had no idea.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
It seems to matter to you judging by your complaints when things don't go your way. Perhaps a supporter forum might suit you better?
You're the one doing the complaining here, not me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »
Two Sceptic Mods.  Brietta and I don't even communicate by PM.

When you say 'gang up' can I interpret that as 'agree with each other on the interpretation of a rule?'
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
When you say 'gang up' can I interpret that as 'agree with each other on the interpretation of a rule?'

No.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:44 PM »
This thread was set up to address moderation queries ... I've not really seen too many quoting present concerns members may have ... wonder why that is.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2019, 05:04:04 PM »
This thread was set up to address moderation queries ... I've not really seen too many quoting present concerns members may have ... wonder why that is.

Some people would rather blame you and me for things over which we have no control.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
Some people would rather blame you and me for things over which we have no control.

I think we both give of our best for the simple reason we back up to the hilt the ethos of this forum and have a great admiration for what John has achieved here.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2019, 05:20:16 PM »
I think we both give of our best for the simple reason we back up to the hilt the ethos of this forum and have a great admiration for what John has achieved here.

Absolutely.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2019, 05:32:27 PM »
You're the one doing the complaining here, not me.

Not vomplaining, discussing. One of my reasons for doing so is the disruption caused to discussions when threads are deflected by arguments between members and mods. By definition those arguments are off-topic and so against the rules.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2019, 08:18:13 PM »
Not vomplaining, discussing. One of my reasons for doing so is the disruption caused to discussions when threads are deflected by arguments between members and mods. By definition those arguments are off-topic and so against the rules.
LOL at vomplaining, great new word.   @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2019, 07:00:00 AM »

I rarely have problems with moderation, but I do have a problem with members complaining about it on threads set up to debate other subjects. I thought people might like to air their grievences here, which is the place for it imo.  It seems people prefer to carry on disrupting threads imtermittently.

In my opinion any complaints about moderators should be posted on a thread such as this, not on threads discussing other subjects. Those are off topiic posts and moderators should delete them on sight imo.
Result = happy posting.