Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285153 times)

stephen25000

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:48 PM »
I suppose if a soft Brexit were coupled with a blue Brexit it might become a hard Brexit and then graduate to.............................. &%+((£

Maybe, one of Trump's showers.

Offline John

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
The only Brexit worth doing is a hard Brexit which will entail a total separation from the EU.  The US President-elect has just announced a fast-track trade deal with the UK which was inevitable. He has also predicted the break up of the EU following the UK's exit, again, inevitable.  It was a long time coming but we got there in the end.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
The only Brexit worth doing is a hard which will entail a total separation from the EU.  The US President-elect has just announced a fast track trade deal with the UK which was inevitable. He has also predicted the break up of the EU following the UK's exit, again, inevitable.

Saying you can negotiate a fast trade deal is one thing, delivering it is another.

Brexit has yet to be start.

The brexit negotiations have to, be ratified i believe, by the member states, by which time, some of the dead wood will have disappeared.

Negotiations as to brexit, will also be invariably affected by forthcoming elections in other EU countries, and any trade deals can't start until brexit is ratified.

Offline John

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2017, 08:49:44 PM »
Saying you can negotiate a fast trade deal is one thing, delivering it is another.

Brexit has yet to be start.

The brexit negotiations have to, be ratified i believe, by the member states, by which time, some of the dead wood will have disappeared.

Negotiations as to brexit, will also be invariably affected by forthcoming elections in other EU countries, and any trade deals can't start until brexit is ratified.

Article 50 might not have been invoked yet Stephen but Brexit has well and truly begun, there is no going back now.   8((()*/

Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Japan will be next to do a deal. 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
Article 50 might not have been invoked yet Stephen but Brexit has well and truly begun, there is no going back now.   8((()*/

Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Japan will be next to do a deal.

Deals take a while, no matter the rhetoric. 4-6 years with America.

As I said , deals cannot be initiated until brexit is finalised.

I can buy goods from those countries already , in the UK John.

So what exactly will change ?

I've just watched Panorama. Quote interesting. Worth a watch.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:19:33 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline John

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
Deals take a while, no matter the rhetoric. 4-6 years with America.

As I said , deals cannot be initiated until brexit is finalised.

I can buy goods from those countries already , in the UK John.

So what exactly will change ?

I've just watched Panorama. Quote interesting. Worth a watch.

You do realise everything purchased from non EU countries is subject to an EU customs tariff?

Within the EU most goods are in free circulation and can be imported with minimal customs control, have no import duty or VAT to pay.

Imports from outside the EU are treated differently.

You must make an import declaration to customs generally, have to pay import duty and import VAT (plus VAT on import duty).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:36:07 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
You do realise everything purchased from non EU countries is subject to an EU customs tariff?

Of course.

That will happen in reverse if we leave the single market.

I am well versed with Economics John.

Offline John

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »
Of course.

That will happen in reverse if we leave the single market.

I am well versed with Economics John.

You don't really think all the European car manufacturers and especially the German ones will allow that do you?

You forget the EU needs us to continue to buy from them, not the other way round.

stephen25000

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
You don't really think all the European car manufacturers and especially the German ones will allow that do you?

You forget the EU needs us to continue to buy from them, not the other way round.

We have been through all this before.

You also know full well how many of our exports go to the EU.

Brits also love the expensive German cars.

There's an old joke there, but it might be removed on here.

Have you heard the one, about what is the difference between  a hedgehog and a BMW ?  8**8:/:

Offline John

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »
We have been through all this before.

You also know full well how many of our exports go to the EU.

Brits also love the expensive German cars.

There's an old joke there, but it might be removed on here.

Have you heard the one, about what is the difference between  a hedgehog and a BMW ?  8**8:/:

As you well know the tide is from Europe so imposing any tariff would hurt the EU. There is very little which can't be sourced elsewhere in the world.  Once mans loss is another mans gain!
Anyway, if I need anything from the EU I just drive over the border.   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:04:21 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:08 PM »

Unless by the time Brexit has occurred they have done this Trans-Pacific Partnership Bloc thingy. Then we will be negotiating with a powerful group that may yet include the USA depending on how Donald feels about it.
It may yet turn out to be a free for all with a lot of protectionism going on.
"There I wuz" 1. In Texas in 1969. I could have bought a 353 Mustang with all the toys air con the lot for less than I could have bought a basic Mini 1000 over here. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the import duty into the UK. The Yanks are even worse than we were back then and who knows what we will be like when the EU fetters are removed.
"There I wuz" 2. I import a specific material on a small scale from NZ and pay 8% import duty on its arrival into the EU, which makes it viable just. As there are several UK firms producing similar materials I doubt the 8% will last after Brexit so I will have to look elsewhere. Back to the sucking of air over teeth and "cor no chief can't meet that spec., delivery or quality". Which prompted me to take up the NZ route in the first place.
There are plenty of legs left in this Brexit saga...... 8(>((
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2017, 01:34:23 AM »
Unless by the time Brexit has occurred they have done this Trans-Pacific Partnership Bloc thingy. Then we will be negotiating with a powerful group that may yet include the USA depending on how Donald feels about it.
"There I wuz" 1. In Texas in 1969. I could have bought a 353 Mustang with all the toys air con the lot for less than I could have bought a basic Mini 1000 over here. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the import duty into the UK. The Yanks are even worse than we were back then and who knows what we will be like when the EU fetters are removed.
"There I wuz" 2. I import a specific material on a small scale from NZ and pay 8% import duty on its arrival into the EU, which makes it viable just. As there are several UK firms producing similar materials I doubt the 8% will last after Brexit so I will have to look elsewhere. Back to the sucking of air over teeth and "cor no chief can't meet that spec., delivery or quality". Which prompted me to take up the NZ route in the first place.

There certainly is and I am the first to agree but staying in the EU was never an option.  The rate at which the UK is taking in the world's waifs and strays could never be sustainable, we have to control who is allowed to come and settle here and the only way we are ever going to do that is by taking back control.  One only needs to look at London and the multicultural mess that it has become, not in my backyard...sorry.

And for those who are in the UK illegally they must be repatriated where possible.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:44:37 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2017, 08:44:32 AM »
There certainly is and I am the first to agree but staying in the EU was never an option.  The rate at which the UK is taking in the world's waifs and strays could never be sustainable, we have to control who is allowed to come and settle here and the only way we are ever going to do that is by taking back control.  One only needs to look at London and the multicultural mess that it has become, not in my backyard...sorry.

And for those who are in the UK illegally they must be repatriated where possible.

What are the numbers of these 'waifs' as you call them ?

...............and how do the numbers coming here compare to other countries ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »

It's not just Brexit in isolation, we are now in the Brump era.

Offline Carana

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »
What are the numbers of these 'waifs' as you call them ?

...............and how do the numbers coming here compare to other countries ?

And what is meant by "waifs and strays". And where do they come from?