Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285164 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1635 on: March 30, 2019, 10:29:57 PM »
I am so very glad that I live in France and don't have to care.

I live in England and I don't care either. I'm fascinated by what politicians think they can get away with but that's about it. Dominic Grieve's constituency party objected to him ignoring democracy. Will he be a one-off or the first of many?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1636 on: March 30, 2019, 10:41:50 PM »
I live in England and I don't care either. I'm fascinated by what politicians think they can get away with but that's about it. Dominic Grieve's constituency party objected to him ignoring democracy. Will he be a one-off or the first of many?

I hope he is the first of many.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1637 on: March 30, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
(Speak for yourself)

Is that the point of this site.... Is that what I have missed....  Now I understand why certain attitudes on certain topics remain....

That was tounge in cheek-  as soon as you disagree with someone who knows all the answers all the time you are labelled a rascist.  Someone would have to point out my exact crime of being a rascist I have no isms and fear no one. I love no country and bow to no queens, presidents,,popes, kings or anyone else.

I would not die or fight for this country. No  isms because I don't care enough about looks or religions to hate anyone.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2019, 11:23:48 PM »
Why don’t you care?  Why did you not vote?  You don’t seem to have any concern about the future of this country which I find strangely at odds with your fierce support of The Will Of The People.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1639 on: March 30, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »
Leave has been found guilty and fined, further investigations are ongoing. There was evidence which is why they were fined.

Yes indeed Slarti, however, there is no evidence that in spending more money that was legally allowed, made any difference to the vote. That was the point as far as I am concerned.   Big buck speakers including Tony Bliar were gadding about shouting at corners.

Is there an argument to be had for staying or leaving if so i havn't heard a decent one yet.

What started of a common market best friends and all that became an huge uncontrollable beast with an unelected president!! WTF... not what people signed up for..

Ane anyway  we won't be allowed to leave.. The Irish tried to vote down an EU directive and twice were overruled!!

So it really is a case of 'you can check out any time -but you can never leave'... hotel california song
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1640 on: March 31, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »
Why don’t you care?  Why did you not vote?  You don’t seem to have any concern about the future of this country which I find strangely at odds with your fierce support of The Will Of The People.

This country will continue to exist whether it's part of the EU or not. I love the UK and have spent a lot of time exploring and enjoying it. I lost interest in politics long ago when I realised that a Parliamentary Democracy isn't really very democratic at all.

Then the referendum occured and it was more democratic than our elections. I found the faces of the commentators and politicians hilarious when they realised it had produced the 'wrong' result. As time went by I realised that our politicians were so determined to find a way to avoid implementing that result that they were prepared to abandon honesty, integrity and democracy to achieve their goal.

Why should I care if those elected to run the country are quite prepared to damage it by their behaviour? They have made the UK a laughing stock around the world, exasperated business owners who just want a decision, angered voters on both sides and are slowly driving the EU to despair.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1641 on: March 31, 2019, 12:24:40 PM »
This country will continue to exist whether it's part of the EU or not. I love the UK and have spent a lot of time exploring and enjoying it. I lost interest in politics long ago when I realised that a Parliamentary Democracy isn't really very democratic at all.

Then the referendum occured and it was more democratic than our elections. I found the faces of the commentators and politicians hilarious when they realised it had produced the 'wrong' result. As time went by I realised that our politicians were so determined to find a way to avoid implementing that result that they were prepared to abandon honesty, integrity and democracy to achieve their goal.

Why should I care if those elected to run the country are quite prepared to damage it by their behaviour? They have made the UK a laughing stock around the world, exasperated business owners who just want a decision, angered voters on both sides and are slowly driving the EU to despair.
Because if you love this country as you claim you do then you should care about its future.  If you care about your children and grandchildren you should care about the sort of country they will be living in when you’re gone.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1642 on: March 31, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »
Because if you love this country as you claim you do then you should care about its future.  If you care about your children and grandchildren you should care about the sort of country they will be living in when you’re gone.  IMO.

it doesn't matter whether I care or not I have no chance whatsoever of changing anything in my opinion. My approach to my descendants has always been to make them strong enough to survive whatever life throws at them. I've taught them to value people, not possessions and to be content with their lives and enoy them. . 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1643 on: March 31, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
it doesn't matter whether I care or not I have no chance whatsoever of changing anything in my opinion. My approach to my descendants has always been to make them strong enough to survive whatever life throws at them. I've taught them to value people, not possessions and to be content with their lives and enoy them. .
Hard to enjoy life so juch if you are without a job and struggling to make ends meet, unless you’re suggesting that the poor and unemployed should all just buck up and be content to simply be surviving.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1644 on: March 31, 2019, 05:13:08 PM »
Hard to enjoy life so juch if you are without a job and struggling to make ends meet, unless you’re suggesting that the poor and unemployed should all just buck up and be content to simply be surviving.

I'm still hearing that people survived the war (with rations) and that, therefore, "Brits" will "survive" Brexit. 

A difference is that Brexit isn't a response to a war, in the traditional sense, to avoid an invasion from a foreign power.

On the other hand, if any foreign power has given a helping hand to this chaos, why send missiles when social  media can do the job?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1645 on: March 31, 2019, 08:26:25 PM »

It would depend on what you need in order to enjoy life. One of our favourite activities when our children were young was 'going for a walk'. All we needed was a pair of shoes each and each other. Our children learned about plants and animals and to have fun with us, the dog and each other.  We made memories that we still sometimes talk about today and my youngest is 50 years old.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1646 on: March 31, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »
It would depend on what you need in order to enjoy life. One of our favourite activities when our children were young was 'going for a walk'. All we needed was a pair of shoes each and each other. Our children learned about plants and animals and to have fun with us, the dog and each other.  We made memories that we still sometimes talk about today and my youngest is 50 years old.
That’s all very lovely but it does seem rather to reinforce my suspicion that you think that poor people should be satisfied with their lot and seek contentment in their poverty and disadvantage.  I’m sure this would be a view that Jacob Rees Mogg and other rich Tory toffs would thoroughly endorse too.  @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1647 on: March 31, 2019, 09:52:06 PM »
That’s all very lovely but it does seem rather to reinforce my suspicion that you think that poor people should be satisfied with their lot and seek contentment in their poverty and disadvantage.  I’m sure this would be a view that Jacob Rees Mogg and other rich Tory toffs would thoroughly endorse too.  @)(++(*

What do you suggest poor disadvantaged people should do?  Sit in a darkened room and cry each day? Being in the EU didn't stop their numbers growing, did it?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1648 on: March 31, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »
What do you suggest poor disadvantaged people should do?  Sit in a darkened room and cry each day? Being in the EU didn't stop their numbers growing, did it?
Please don’t be silly.  I am referring to your apparent complacency about the disadvantaged and how exiting the EU may affect them negatively , and your apaprent belief that all you need is “a pair of shoes and each other” for a happy life, about your apparent disregard for the importance to a country of a healthy, prosperous economy, something which you almost seem to find distasteful.   No doubt you will be positively rejoicing when Jeremy turns the UK into Europe’s version of Venezuela that makes us all much poorer.  Never mind, as long as we have a pair of shoes and each other to go one nice long walks with what more could we possibly need or want.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1649 on: March 31, 2019, 10:52:49 PM »
Please don’t be silly.  I am referring to your apparent complacency about the disadvantaged and how exiting the EU may affect them negatively , and your apaprent belief that all you need is “a pair of shoes and each other” for a happy life, about your apparent disregard for the importance to a country of a healthy, prosperous economy, something which you almost seem to find distasteful.   No doubt you will be positively rejoicing when Jeremy turns the UK into Europe’s version of Venezuela that makes us all much poorer.  Never mind, as long as we have a pair of shoes and each other to go one nice long walks with what more could we possibly need or want.

Me silly? Has being in the EU given the UK a healthy prosperous economy? Why, then, has the gap between rich and poor grown and the number of those in poverty steadily risen?
Result = happy posting.