Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285167 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1800 on: May 28, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
Is that your interpretation and understanding of the entirety of Mistakens post?

My post was longer than yours lol.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1801 on: May 28, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
My post was longer than yours lol.

You're correct, it was.
I couldn't think of an appropriate response without having my post deleted. Lol.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1802 on: May 28, 2019, 06:43:44 PM »
You're correct, it was.
I couldn't think of an appropriate response without having my post deleted. Lol.

@)(++(*

You don't even have the correct words to reply to the post content because there are none forth coming from any one who shouts for Independance.

And you are short for words because you cannot answer can you? so you show yourself up as being totally ignorant of facts and real concerns which are being hidden from view. Why not just own up to your ignorance instead of calling my post utter rubbish  can you prove it to be utter rubbish if so say so. It is  DEBATE afterall.

1. If Scotland get independance will England keep an open border?
2. would England really let the EU and Scotland continue to allow their free trade  pass through their land/sea/air space?
3. If the Scottish want independance what kind of independance do they seek? They would not get independance in the EU that is an absolute certainty, they will still be ruled by unelected beaurocrats. with a president, who couldn't care less about Scotland. As Scotland unlike the UK is not a rich country.

SO let's have your argument to contradict this post...

While you at atv it perhaps you could give a cite where the Majority of Scottish people voted for independance and  to stay in the EU.

Thanks in advance.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1803 on: May 28, 2019, 07:07:17 PM »
@)(++(*

You don't even have the correct words to reply to the post content because there are none forth coming from any one who shouts for Independance.

And you are short for words because you cannot answer can you? so you show yourself up as being totally ignorant of facts and real concerns which are being hidden from view. Why not just own up to your ignorance instead of calling my post utter rubbish  can you prove it to be utter rubbish if so say so. It is  DEBATE afterall.

1. If Scotland get independance will England keep an open border?
2. would England really let the EU and Scotland continue to allow their free trade  pass through their land/sea/air space?
3. If the Scottish want independance what kind of independance do they seek? They would not get independance in the EU that is an absolute certainty, they will still be ruled by unelected beaurocrats. with a president, who couldn't care less about Scotland. As Scotland unlike the UK is not a rich country.

SO let's have your argument to contradict this post...

While you at atv it perhaps you could give a cite where the Majority of Scottish people voted for independance and  to stay in the EU.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly the correct spelling of the word is independence.

Secondly you do seem to get rather rattled by the whole concept of independence.
Calm down, it may not happen. But I do hope it does.

Thirdly where do get the absurd idea that England would close their roads, sea and air space to their nearest neighbour?
You do seem to regard the concept of Scotland being an independent country as some kind of declaration of war against England and the English.How absurd!

Fourthly Scotland isn't a poor country, it's rich in natural resources, many of which are in huge demand.
It's a pity you have such a negative and pessimistic view of your own country.

Scotland did not vote for Independence five years ago.
 This may not be the case in the next referendum

Scotland has certainly voted to remain in the EU.
You don't like that because of your negative and jaundiced view of the EU.
You must accept that not everyone shares those views.
The people of Scotland have shown they do not.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:15:19 PM by Erngath »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1804 on: May 28, 2019, 07:35:32 PM »
Firstly the correct spelling of the word is independence.

Secondly you do seem to get rather rattled by the whole concept of independence.
Calm down, it may not happen. But I do hope it does.

Thirdly where do get the absurd idea that England would close their roads, sea and air space to their nearest neighbour?
You do seem to regard the concept of Scotland being an independent country as some kind of declaration of war against England and the English.How absurd!

Fourthly Scotland isn't a poor country, it's rich in natural resources, many of which are in huge demand.
It's a pity you have such a negative and pessimistic view of your own country.

Scotland did not vote for Independence five years ago.
 This may not be the case in the next referendum

You don't like that because of your negative and jaundiced view of the EU.
You must accept that not everyone shares those views.
The people of Scotland have shown they do not.

There now that wasn't too difficult was it?  Thank you for correcting my typos. I have a valid reason. I won't share.
I never get rattled- put downs don't affect me and your opinion even less!

Has this been discussed behind my back?  Do you have evidence to say this could not happen- but just a reminder   France is also a near neighbour of England! oops

you do seem to regard the concept of Scotland being an independent country as some kind of declaration of war against England and the English.How absurd!

Why the seperation in a hurry after being told no to independence- there is a Section of the Scottish community who hate the english- deny if you like- it is true.

Well that vote must have not reached me becaus I have never seen a voting paper asking for Scotland to stay within the EU.

But ofcourse you are going by SNP rhetoric about the majority of a minority didn't vote to leave. Tsk tsk.

I do not have  negative view or Europe at all I can't imagine where you got that from. I am a  realist and I like to know what is going on- the truth being hidden is not my idea of democracy.

So anyhoo, you never did answer my question- why leave England to be independent to not be independent in the EU?

Scotland is not a rich country check our debts...

That to me is like complaining aboput and  leaving an abusing husband to move in with another abusive partner!

Anyone want to answer that?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1805 on: May 28, 2019, 07:46:47 PM »

There now that wasn't too difficult was it?  Thank you for correcting my typos. I have a valid reason. I won't share.
I never get rattled- put downs don't affect me and your opinion even less!

Has this been discussed behind my back?  Do you have evidence to say this could not happen- but just a reminder   France is also a near neighbour of England! oops

you do seem to regard the concept of Scotland being an independent country as some kind of declaration of war against England and the English.How absurd!

Why the seperation in a hurry after being told no to independence- there is a Section of the Scottish community who hate the english- deny if you like- it is true.

Well that vote must have not reached me becaus I have never seen a voting paper asking for Scotland to stay within the EU.

But ofcourse you are going by SNP rhetoric about the majority of a minority didn't vote to leave. Tsk tsk.

I do not have  negative view or Europe at all I can't imagine where you got that from. I am a  realist and I like to know what is going on- the truth being hidden is not my idea of democracy.

So anyhoo, you never did answer my question- why leave England to be independent to not be independent in the EU?

Scotland is not a rich country check our debts...

That to me is like complaining aboput and  leaving an abusing husband to move in with another abusive partner!

Anyone want to answer that?

Hopefully someone will.
Don't worry overmuch about it all.
If independence does happen I'm sure it will all be sorted much like all will be sorted when we leave the EU.
Hopefully all the EU countries will still allow us Brits to use their roads, sea and air space. @)(++(*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:34:33 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1806 on: May 28, 2019, 10:28:53 PM »
Back to Brexit!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:06:58 PM by Erngath »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1807 on: May 29, 2019, 08:44:25 AM »
Back to Brexit!

Well, the UK Brexit party triumphed and is now the secnd largest party in the European Parliament. It seems to me that their aim of leaving the EU without a deal is the only way the referendum result can be honoured.

It seems John Bercow is determined to help Parliament to prevent that, however. Parliament may be able to prevent it, but it has no alternative to offer. So come October 31st we will be no further forward.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1808 on: May 29, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
Well, the UK Brexit party triumphed and is now the secnd largest party in the European Parliament. It seems to me that their aim of leaving the EU without a deal is the only way the referendum result can be honoured.

It seems John Bercow is determined to help Parliament to prevent that, however. Parliament may be able to prevent it, but it has no alternative to offer. So come October 31st we will be no further forward.
The problem is that this " leaving the EU without a deal is the only way the referendum result can be honoured" does not equal the wishes of the majority of the electorate.  So we now have to do what basically 35% of the country wants.   If this is democracy then I'm a banana. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1809 on: May 29, 2019, 11:58:24 AM »
The problem is that this " leaving the EU without a deal is the only way the referendum result can be honoured" does not equal the wishes of the majority of the electorate.  So we now have to do what basically 35% of the counTtry wants.   If this is democracy then I'm a banana.

'Democracy' in the UK is what the rules say it is, not what you think it is. Elections which meet the rules deliver a result and that result is therefore democratic. Whatever the election us aboub, people expect the winners to get what they voted for and losers have to accept that they won't get what they voted for.

In the case of Brexit the losers are refusing to accept that they lost. They are rejecting the results of a democratic election.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1810 on: May 29, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
'Democracy' in the UK is what the rules say it is, not what you think it is. Elections which meet the rules deliver a result and that result is therefore democratic. Whatever the election us aboub, people expect the winners to get what they voted for and losers have to accept that they won't get what they voted for.

In the case of Brexit the losers are refusing to accept that they lost. They are rejecting the results of a democratic election.
So the people of Britain have voted to leave the EU on WTO rules have they? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1811 on: May 29, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
Oh dear, what a shame:

Boris Johnson to face court over alleged EU referendum misconduct
The PM contender will face allegations he lied before the EU referendum over how much money the UK sent to the EU each week.
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-to-face-court-over-alleged-eu-referendum-misconduct-11730747?fbclid=IwAR1WzV2tOvJnPfHj6C263poyGsWovZxzc_s1mKwk1guQxPgzGbLHMAAIVVU

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1812 on: May 29, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »
So the people of Britain have voted to leave the EU on WTO rules have they?

They voted to leave the EU. The UK already operates under WTO rules as it has been a member since 1995. Those rules govern the 43% of our exports and 34% of our imports which aren't EU related.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1813 on: May 29, 2019, 03:42:28 PM »
They voted to leave the EU. The UK already operates under WTO rules as it has been a member since 1995. Those rules govern the 43% of our exports and 34% of our imports which aren't EU related.
Do we already trade with the EU on WTO rules because that was obviously what I was referring to!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1814 on: May 29, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
I suggest you read this.  It's from a Leave website so it must be right!
http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=128