Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285182 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2010 on: August 21, 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
Gosh, you’re terribly self-centred IMO, I didn’t ask about you personally, but never mind I obviously won’t get a sensible answer from you.

You only deserve a reply when you engage without attitude.

You and fellow  your intelligent kinfolks and the very inteligent ones, have no idea what is best for EVERYONEs happiness. We are all different and We have different lives and ideas about what makes us happy.

Asking a question to which cannot possible be answered on account of the fact No one, not even your very,very inteligent folks can say everyone in the UK will be happy. Unless you and your intelligent people have asked EVERYONE in the UK. 

So ,with that regard your question about togetherness, it  was answered by the brexit vote. not everyone shares your view.  And that doesn't make them less intelligent. Only fools seek to be known as intelligent, those of us who are, do not need validation.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2011 on: August 21, 2019, 07:09:52 PM »

You and fellow  your intelligent kinfolks and the very inteligent ones, have no idea what is best for EVERYONEs happiness. We are all different and We have different lives and ideas about what makes us happy.

Asking a question to which cannot possible be answered on account of the fact No one, not even your very,very inteligent folks can say everyone in the UK will be happy. Unless you and your intelligent people have asked EVERYONE in the UK. 

So ,with that regard your question about togetherness, it  was answered by the brexit vote. not everyone shares your view.  And that doesn't make them less intelligent. Only fools seek to be known as intelligent, those of us who are, do not need validation.

Well said!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2012 on: August 21, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »

”You only deserve a reply when you engage without attitude”.  In that case, you don’t deserve any further reply.  TTFN. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2013 on: August 21, 2019, 07:19:26 PM »
IMO the people of this country who voted for Brexit did so because they thought their country would be better off out of Europe.  Therefore it is a fair question to ask if by being out of Europe that also means the break up of the Union, do the same people still feel they will be better off.   G-Unit obviously doesn’t care one way or the other despite also appearing to be a Brexit supporter.  I find that rather odd myself.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2014 on: August 22, 2019, 07:45:12 AM »
IMO the people of this country who voted for Brexit did so because they thought their country would be better off out of Europe.  Therefore it is a fair question to ask if by being out of Europe that also means the break up of the Union, do the same people still feel they will be better off.   G-Unit obviously doesn’t care one way or the other despite also appearing to be a Brexit supporter.  I find that rather odd myself.

You're assuming that people had the good of 'their country' in mind when they voted. Is that true? I don't know and, I suspect, neither do you. If parts of the UK want to break up the union badly enough they may well suceed, but using Brexit as the reason is a strawman argument as they'll be out of the EU themselves by then with little chance of getting back in as they're not sovereign states.

We now seem to be talking about being 'better off' whatever that means. What happened to happy and contented? I'm not a Brexiteer or a Remainer; I'm neutral. I'd like to see our slippery politicians honour the result of a democratic vote, that's all. They've demonstrated their willingness to ditch democratic principles when it suits their agendas and that's a disgrace imo. If there's a massive backlash when these people next face the electorate it will be entirely their own faults.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2015 on: August 22, 2019, 07:58:51 AM »
You're assuming that people had the good of 'their country' in mind when they voted. Is that true? I don't know and, I suspect, neither do you. If parts of the UK want to break up the union badly enough they may well suceed, but using Brexit as the reason is a strawman argument as they'll be out of the EU themselves by then with little chance of getting back in as they're not sovereign states.

We now seem to be talking about being 'better off' whatever that means. What happened to happy and contented? I'm not a Brexiteer or a Remainer; I'm neutral. I'd like to see our slippery politicians honour the result of a democratic vote, that's all. They've demonstrated their willingness to ditch democratic principles when it suits their agendas and that's a disgrace imo. If there's a massive backlash when these people next face the electorate it will be entirely their own faults.
If people did not believe the country and/or themselves would be better off out of the EU (and better off applies as a general catch-all term, not soley applicable to wealth which I know you frown upon) then what other reasons could there have been (apart from sheer ignorance)?  It certainly would not be not a strawman to blame Brexit for  the break up of the Union IMO, it would be entirely justified to blame Brexit in Ireland (reunification there would keep NI in the EU) and Scotland who would apply to re-join and would no doubt be welcomed back with opened arms, if only to really piss off the English.   
You may pretend to be neutral but all your support on this forum resides with the half of the population that voted to leave, you seem to have only disdain for the other half who think it’s an act of national self-harm that Parliament is struggling to come to terms with.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2016 on: August 22, 2019, 08:46:09 AM »
If people did not believe the country and/or themselves would be better off out of the EU (and better off applies as a general catch-all term, not soley applicable to wealth which I know you frown upon) then what other reasons could there have been (apart from sheer ignorance)?  It certainly would not be not a strawman to blame Brexit for  the break up of the Union IMO, it would be entirely justified to blame Brexit in Ireland (reunification there would keep NI in the EU) and Scotland who would apply to re-join and would no doubt be welcomed back with opened arms, if only to really piss off the English.   
You may pretend to be neutral but all your support on this forum resides with the half of the population that voted to leave, you seem to have only disdain for the other half who think it’s an act of national self-harm that Parliament is struggling to come to terms with.

As I already said, I don't know why 17 + million people voted for Brexit, and neither do you. All I know is that if you are on the winning side in a vote it's undemocratic for your wishes to be denied.

Anyone predicting unification in Ireland is ignoring the complete rejection of the idea by those determined to remain British.

Scotland could apply to join the EU, but the process could take years.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17600349.scottish-independence-how-and-when-scotland-could-rejoin-the-eu/

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2017 on: August 22, 2019, 09:18:43 AM »
As I already said, I don't know why 17 + million people voted for Brexit, and neither do you. All I know is that if you are on the winning side in a vote it's undemocratic for your wishes to be denied.

Anyone predicting unification in Ireland is ignoring the complete rejection of the idea by those determined to remain British.

Scotland could apply to join the EU, but the process could take years.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17600349.scottish-independence-how-and-when-scotland-could-rejoin-the-eu/
I’m pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexit, even if you pretend not to have a clue.  As for the Irish question you raise a valid point - Brexit could possibly spark up the return of the troubles. 

« Reply #2018 on: August 22, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »
I’m pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexit, even if you pretend not to have a clue.  As for the Irish question you raise a valid point - Brexit could possibly spark up the return of the troubles.

"I’m pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexi"

Really? ROTFL....

You really do not know the minds and thinking of those who voted to leave the EU. You are on a remoaner band wagon who claim brexit voters are- the great unintellinent/unwashed  fascists  @)(++(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2019 on: August 22, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »
"I’m pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexi"

Really? ROTFL....

You really do not know the minds and thinking of those who voted to leave the EU. You are on a remoaner band wagon who claim brexit voters are- the great unintellinent/unwashed  fascists  @)(++(*
Yes I am pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexit.  Why do you find this so hysterically funny?  Is it a secret?

« Reply #2020 on: August 23, 2019, 06:42:25 PM »
Yes I am pretty sure I do know why 17 million people voted for Brexit.  Why do you find this so hysterically funny?  Is it a secret?

AW  I thought I scored and you wouldn't reply to my posts- "you don’t deserve any further reply.  TTFN."

Okay evidence of your being a know all of the minds of 17+ million people. Not got it ? Ok no problem.

The reason I find it hilarious is- no one was asked why they wanted to leave, No stats were collated, so unless I missed that thematic analysis from a data warehouse with the replies of 17+ millions- you have shown yourself up to be a laughing stock.

Does this answer your question?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2021 on: August 23, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
AW  I thought I scored and you wouldn't reply to my posts- "you don’t deserve any further reply.  TTFN."

Okay evidence of your being a know all of the minds of 17+ million people. Not got it ? Ok no problem.

The reason I find it hilarious is- no one was asked why they wanted to leave, No stats were collated, so unless I missed that thematic analysis from a data warehouse with the replies of 17+ millions- you have shown yourself up to be a laughing stock.

Does this answer your question?
Stop stalking me!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2022 on: August 23, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »
Stop stalking me!!

Are you deflecting? Go on, answer the question.  8(>((
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2023 on: August 23, 2019, 11:43:49 PM »
Are you deflecting? Go on, answer the question.  8(>((
Are you goading me?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2024 on: August 24, 2019, 07:24:07 AM »
Are you goading me?

You claimed to know something, so please explain what you know and how you know it.
Result = happy posting.