Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285214 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #2130 on: December 13, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »
It’s going to be delicious watching him try - he won’t be able to blame parliament now.

Results here were particularly delicious to watch !
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2131 on: December 13, 2019, 11:04:25 AM »

I've been up all night having a feast.  Blimmin Hell.  Beyond my wildest dreams.

But I do have to say that my thoughts are more concerned with Revenge.

Offline barrier

« Reply #2132 on: December 13, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »

We've waited over three yrs for the brexit to happen,I'm sure the Scots can be as patient at waiting.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2133 on: December 13, 2019, 01:41:54 PM »

We've waited over three yrs for the brexit to happen,I'm sure the Scots can be as patient at waiting.

I think they'll have to be. Boris isn't going to give them a referendum imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2134 on: December 13, 2019, 04:22:05 PM »
I think they'll have to be. Boris isn't going to give them a referendum imo.

Does he have the final word on whether Scotland has the right to self determination?

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2135 on: December 13, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »

I want to see a hard border between England & Scotland.

Please, take your independence, stay in the EU, accept all the migrants & keep your heroin addicts & alcoholics on your side of the border. You're welcome.

*&(+(+
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2136 on: December 13, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »
Does he have the final word on whether Scotland has the right to self determination?

Boris Johnson has ruled out granting permission for a second vote on Scottish independence while he is prime minister.

Mr Johnson said his government would not give the go-ahead for another legally-binding referendum.

The Tory leader claimed the issue had been settled in a "once-in-a-generation" vote in 2014.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50280817
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2137 on: December 13, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »
Boris Johnson has ruled out granting permission for a second vote on Scottish independence while he is prime minister.

Mr Johnson said his government would not give the go-ahead for another legally-binding referendum.

The Tory leader claimed the issue had been settled in a "once-in-a-generation" vote in 2014.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50280817

Six years ago and so much has altered since then.
However he can continue to ignore the growing wish for independence.
I actually do hope he does.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2138 on: December 13, 2019, 05:37:45 PM »
He has his mandate. The frantic efforts to stop Brexit should now cease.
Of course.  The easy bit happens next month, it’s what happens afterwards that will be interesting to watch.  It will all end  in tears, it always does.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Admin

« Reply #2139 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:11 PM »
Let's keep the discussion constructive please.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2140 on: December 13, 2019, 07:21:17 PM »
I want to see a hard border between England & Scotland.

Please, take your independence, stay in the EU, accept all the migrants & keep your heroin addicts & alcoholics on your side of the border. You're welcome.

*&(+(+

FTAO Admin.
This is a constructive post?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2141 on: December 14, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »
From the internet

"So congratulations if you wanted Boris Johnson as pm.

Please don’t celebrate too much though as you have work to do. You see us remoaners have spent three and a half years now telling you brexit was wrong but we’ve finally and completely lost. There’s pretty much nothing we can do now to stop it.

So, it’s over to you leavers. You need to get yourselves into gear to make it work. We need to see some of these benefits you’ve been able to see yet unable to properly articulate since 2016.

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve taken the liberty of writing a to do list for you.

1. Get brexit done please. When we say done we mean as promised so we’ll be looking for trade deals with the EU, Japan, Australia and Canada etc. In fact there’s about 40 deals covering 70 countries that need to be done please. Also with the US that doesn’t involve the nhs or chlorine. We want what you promised us. That was that we’d be no worse off than when we were an EU member. You need to crack on as this was promised by the end of Jan. You have seven weeks.
2. The nhs. We want the cash that was promised please. £350 million per week is about 72000 nurses so please get recruiting. This is important.
3. Scotland. Ok so these guys were promised they would remain in the EU if they remained in the UK. They’re pretty pissed. In fact they’ve voted almost exclusively for the SNP so they might want to leave. Equally you said the UK wouldn’t split so you’ll need to both grant Scotland its independence and keep it as part of the United Kingdom. Good luck squaring this circle. NB. This is urgent.
4. Northern Ireland. Oooookay then. You’ve really b....red this one up. There’s a chance they could look to reunify with the republic now because they didn’t want to brexit. Regardless you’ve caused instability there where we and they can least afford it. NB. This is also urgent.
5. The economy. Johnson keeps talking about unleashing the potential of the country. We need to see this soon if possible. We don’t want to see the downturn that “project fear” predicted. We don’t want to be poorer. We don’t want to lose out.
6. You’ll also need to “bring the country back together”. This might be tricky as a lot of people seem to be really really angry with each other.

That’s as far as I’ve got. Should keep you busy. So go and get all british about things. Roll up your sleeves, pull your socks up, dig deep and deliver what you promised.

And remember if you fail to deliver any if this it’s on you, brexit and Tory voters. You wanted this so badly and now you have it. We honestly hope we’re wrong and that you can make a success of this but if you can’t then we will forever tell you that we told you so."
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2142 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »
I think it's time the remoaners shut up. They fought tooth and nail to stop Brexit and they failed. The silent majority watched and listened and then used their votes to show them that ignoring the democratic process won't be tolerated. They voted for the one man who pledged to carry out the will of the people.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2143 on: December 14, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »
I think it's time the remoaners shut up. They fought tooth and nail to stop Brexit and they failed. The silent majority watched and listened and then used their votes to show them that ignoring the democratic process won't be tolerated. They voted for the one man who pledged to carry out the will of the people.
You don’t believe in freedom of speech then. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2144 on: December 14, 2019, 10:34:51 PM »
You don’t believe in freedom of speech then.

I would have thought even those numpties would have realised no-one's listening. (except you, of course)
Result = happy posting.