Author Topic: Seems woke and wandered back in favour again.  (Read 122952 times)

Offline John

Seems woke and wandered back in favour again.
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »
Madeleine McCann police investigate theory she disappeared
after leaving holiday home to try to find her parents.

• Portuguese police are probing whether toddler woke up and walked out of flat
  • Met Police's Operation Grange inquiry is separate to Portuguese detectives'
  • But both met up recently to discuss possibility she was taken after wandering off
  • Previous lines of investigation included a bungled burglary at the apartment

By GERARD COUZENS FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 25 November 2018

Portuguese police are investigating the theory that Madeleine McCann disappeared after waking up and walking out of her parents' Algarve holiday apartment.

Sources close to the probe into the three-year-old's 2007 disappearance say investigators are revisiting the possibility something happened to her after she left the flat - and not inside.

The news comes after Scotland Yard's Operation Grange team told her parents Kate and Gerry McCann they are pursuing two vital new leads and not one 'final line of inquiry'.

The British and Portuguese efforts to find out what happened to the toddler are being carried out separately - but the two are believed to have met to discuss the theory.

A spokesman for Portugal's Attorney General's Office refused to comment, but a well-placed source said: 'The heads of the two police investigations are corresponding with each other directly and have combined their efforts without resorting to rogatory letters like before.

'A meeting took place recently at the HQ of the General Attorney's Office in Portugal, which was attended by the prosecutor from Portimao who is in charge of the Portuguese inquiry.

'One of the lines of investigation that continues to be pursued is that the child could have walked out of the holiday flat herself.'

Rogatory letters are ones sent to a foreign court to help in the pursuit of justice.   

The last of the six sent to the Portuguese police by their British counterparts was answered on October 25 2016, but none have been sent since.

Another well-informed insider added: 'Despite the fact there are two investigations and two different teams, the relationship between both is very healthy and well-informed and benefits from shared intelligence.'

Hinting both forces may have gone cold on the idea the youngster had been the victim of a botched burglary or a paedophile who had forced entry to snatch her, the insider said: 'The theory that Madeleine left the flat of her own accord to go looking for her parents is not something that hasn't been discussed before.

'But the Portuguese process tends to value lines of investigation that are put forward.

'Until we know for sure what happened though, no scenario is likely to be ruled out.'

A third source, referring to the absence of new rogatory letters, said: 'The pattern of direct cooperation that now exists means formal requests for international cooperation are not necessary.

'The Portuguese inquiry is still open, meaning that any new work can be executed as part of that investigation without the needs for rogatory letters.

The theory Madeline may have lost her way in the dark and taken a wrong turn as she went looking for her parents in Praia da Luz was one of the early hypotheses put forward to explain her disappearance.

It has also been suggested a panicking drink-driver might have run her over and sped off with her body before hiding it in the countryside.

Portuguese police have made no secret of their rejection of the theory championed by a British detective about Madeleine being kidnapped by thieves during a bungled burglary.

In July 2014 four Portuguese men faced a barrage of more than 250 questions while being quizzed as arguidos or formal suspects in interviews on the Algarve conducted at Scotland Yard's request.

They were questioned as part of the theory Madeleine, three when she disappeared from Praia da Luz, may have been killed during a botched break-in and her body buried on waste ground nearby.

More recently it has been suggested officers are keen to identify a woman in purple seen hanging round the holiday flat around the time Madeleine went missing.

The Home Office announced last week it would grant an extra £150,000 to Operation Grange to keep the investigation going until spring next year.

It is understood police recently told her parents during a meeting at their Leicestershire home that they were 'hopeful' of a result and were focusing on 'two specific and active' lines of inquiry, not just one as was initially thought.

Scotland Yard has refused to go public with details on what they are looking at.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6426393/Police-Portugal-investigate-theory-Madeleine-McCann-left-apartment-parents.html

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:39:29 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

Re: Seems woke and wandered back in favour again.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »
Absolutely hilarious.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7820354/madeleine-mccann-looking-for-parents/

The thing is if they are looking at woke and wandered why were the windows and shutters open, as detailed by Kate ?

Classic tactic....don’t look over here.....the only question is why now ?

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 01:51:22 AM »
Absolutely hilarious.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7820354/madeleine-mccann-looking-for-parents/

The thing is if they are looking at woke and wandered why were the windows and shutters open, as detailed by Kate ?

Classic tactic....don’t look over here.....the only question is why now ?

The Portuguese Police aren't leaking again, are they?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 02:02:44 AM »
The Portuguese Police aren't leaking again, are they?

I think it’s been worded very carefully.’ A source in Portugal’ and not ‘a Portuguese police source’.

If they are following this lead then they can’t believe that the window and shutters were open at 10pm. Rather a conundrum for the parents.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 02:30:50 AM »
I think it’s been worded very carefully.’ A source in Portugal’ and not ‘a Portuguese police source’.

If they are following this lead then they can’t believe that the window and shutters were open at 10pm. Rather a conundrum for the parents.

I must say that there have been some interesting discussions of late.  I am amazed at the amount of stuff still being found.
Nothing to do with me.  I am bone idle when it comes to research, as no doubt everyone knows.

Did anyone watch the first Season of The Missing?  The missing child wandered, got run over, picked up, found to be still alive and was then shipped off to somewhere else.

It is possible that a burglar then tried to break in to the appartment later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 06:59:09 AM »
I must say that there have been some interesting discussions of late.  I am amazed at the amount of stuff still being found.
Nothing to do with me.  I am bone idle when it comes to research, as no doubt everyone knows.

Did anyone watch the first Season of The Missing?  The missing child wandered, got run over, picked up, found to be still alive and was then shipped off to somewhere else.

It is possible that a burglar then tried to break in to the appartment later.
My theory was the burglar woke Madeleine, who then left by the front door.  But who shut the door behind her?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 07:01:09 AM »
My theory was the burglar woke Madeleine, who then left by the front door.  But who shut the door behind her?
Whoosh,bang,slam. (&^&
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 07:47:16 AM »
How can "woke and wandered" be a lead, it is only a theory IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 07:48:45 AM »

Possible.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 07:51:51 AM »
How can "woke and wandered" be a lead, it is only a theory IMO.

Forensic and other things were found in a garage in The Missing that point to a child having been there.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 08:01:15 AM »
Forensic and other things were found in a garage in The Missing that point to a child having been there.

In which case then Scotland Yard would be following more than woke and wandered theory. 
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »
In which case then Scotland Yard would be following more than woke and wandered theory.

Which they might well be.  But in itself it is only one lead leading to another.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 08:05:23 AM »
Which they might well be.  But in itself it is only one lead leading to another.

But woke and wandered is not a lead any more than that she was abducted by aliens. It is simply a theory and one that they are allegedly "re-visiting" too.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

Ultimately it would either be a leak from the Portuguese police or maybe someone in Portugal with a link to the police, say an ex-cop, simply mischief making...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »

And even more of a conundrum for the “dogs don’t lie” brigade. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly