Author Topic: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion  (Read 206176 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cape-Town-girl-found-17-years-after-kidnapping-20150227
Cape Town girl found 17 years after kidnapping
2015-02-27 08:30

Cape Town - An incredible coincidence has led to a family finding their daughter 17 years after she was snatched from her sleeping mother’s arms.

A DNA test has confirmed the girl's identity. She was taken from her mother when she was just 3-days-old in April 1997, reported the Cape Argus.

Her biological sister started Grade 8 at the same school that the 17-year-old attends and other pupils started noticing the striking resemblance between the two.

After the two sisters struck up a friendship, her biological family invited the matric pupil over for coffee and, after seeing the likeness themselves, contacted police.

A 50-year-old woman was arrested by the Hawks at her home in Lavender Hill, reported Netwerk24. She will appear in the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court on Friday.

The arrested woman and her husband have no other children.

In a 2010 interview with the Weekend Argus, the girl's father said he would never give up hope of finding his daughter.

For now, she is in the care of the Western Cape’s social services department, says eNCA reporter Karyn Maughan.

- For legal reasons the kidnap victim in this case may not be identified. No pictures, including any of the accused or family, may be used as they may identify the victim.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is always hope.

Hope everything turns out well for all concerned.

I think it is instructive that it is wrong just to write people off as being dead when they disappear without trace unless there is proof that is the case.

Although it can no longer be found on the Sky News link I found the following interesting ...

**snip
Joana’s relatives told Sky News Online the pair are innocent and believe whoever took the girl is also behind Madeleine’s disappearance, seven miles away in Praia da Luz.

The family, who do not want to be named, said: “This sort of thing doesn’t happen in Portugal – child abductions are very rare.

“Whoever took Joana took Madeleine too, the distance is too small. And the police ignored everything we told them, they just wanted to solve the case quickly.

“They didn’t look at any of the things we told them about.”

They said the most crucial bit of evidence was a white and brown camper van, parked near Joana’s home in the days before she was abducted.

The vehicle, with German number plates, disappeared around the time she vanished.

They added: “There was a man living in there, but he hardly left the van. A week later the van was found abandoned in farmland in Praia da Luz. We told the police to investigate it, but they didn’t listen to us.”

She said the man had short, curly brown hair and was about 40 years old.

A suspect in the Madeleine case, spotted acting suspiciously near the apartment where she vanished on May 3 last year, was described as between 35 and 40, with long, straggly hair.

Criminologist and child protection expert Mark Williams-Thomas believes there are far too many similarities between the two cases for it not to be a strong line of police inquiry.

He says that because of the huge doubts over the Cipriano convictions, whoever abducted Joana is more than likely to be behind Madeleine’s disappearance.

Like Madeleine’s case, the police investigation got off to a bad start, with officers failing to seal off the house where she was last seen.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

I think it is instructive that it is wrong just to write people off as being dead when they disappear without trace unless there is proof that is the case.

Although it can no longer be found on the Sky News link I found the following interesting ...

**snip
Joana’s relatives told Sky News Online the pair are innocent and believe whoever took the girl is also behind Madeleine’s disappearance, seven miles away in Praia da Luz.

The family, who do not want to be named, said: “This sort of thing doesn’t happen in Portugal – child abductions are very rare.

“Whoever took Joana took Madeleine too, the distance is too small. And the police ignored everything we told them, they just wanted to solve the case quickly.

They said the most crucial bit of evidence was a white and brown camper van, parked near Joana’s home in the days before she was abducted.

The vehicle, with German number plates, disappeared around the time she vanished.

They added: “There was a man living in there, but he hardly left the van. A week later the van was found abandoned in farmland in Praia da Luz. We told the police to investigate it, but they didn’t listen to us.”

A suspect in the Madeleine case, spotted acting suspiciously near the apartment where she vanished on May 3 last year, was described as between 35 and 40, with long, straggly hair.

Criminologist and child protection expert Mark Williams-Thomas believes there are far too many similarities between the two cases for it not to be a strong line of police inquiry.

He says that because of the huge doubts over the Cipriano convictions, whoever abducted Joana is more than likely to be behind Madeleine’s disappearance.

Like Madeleine’s case, the police investigation got off to a bad start, with officers failing to seal off the house where she was last seen.

so MWT questioned the Cipriano convictions...very interesting

stephen25000

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »
so MWT questioned the Cipriano convictions...very interesting

Joana wasn't abducted dave.

She was murdered.

As to MWT, his bias shows.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
Joana wasn't abducted dave.

She was murdered.

As to MWT, his bias shows.

MWT has already made his views known with his Maddie wandered off comment ignoring the open window & shutters, which were most definitely open according to Kate.

I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment.

She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar.

http://news.sky.com/story/599836/madeleine-my-theories-on-missing-girl

.......he also ignores the child gate, that's how much of a genius he is.

(@22.50) Kate debunks Marks Theory.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvnfcl-Zkg#t=1369
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:41:37 PM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »
MWT has already proven what a total bell end he is with his Maddie wandered off imaginings, ignoring the open window & shutters, which were most definitely open according to Kate, who isn't lying honest guv.

I believe what happened on May 3 was that Madeleine woke up, cried for a short while, realised her parents weren't in the apartment as they had not come in to settle her, so she climbed out of bed and walked around the apartment.

She found the back patio door was insecure and partly open so she walked out, went down the small flight of steps and out of the gate, turning right down towards the entrance to the resort and the Tapas bar.

http://news.sky.com/story/599836/madeleine-my-theories-on-missing-girl

.......he also ignores the child gate, that's how much of a genius he is.

(@22.50) Kate debunks Marks Theory.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvnfcl-Zkg#t=1369

Hi didn't think much of the release of the Madeleine with make-up photograph either. From his Twitter feed.

By Mark Williams-Thomas
2nd May 2010 (posted between 09:00 - 10:00 AM)

* On the eve of Madeleine's disappearance I agree with the release of a new photo but question the appropriateness of the photo chosen

* Have not yet seen the new Madeleine video but the photograph is so inappropriate & damaging on so many levels-ill advised again

* Am trying to find out now who gave advise to use the make up photo- so damaging- as I know what it will become

* Re Madeleine image i have had no response so will be speaking to someone else this afternoon- will update as soon as i know

* However the new make up image of Madeleine which is highly inappropriate would not have been published without Gerry & Kate agreeing to it

* Cannot see any reason how the 2 new images of Madeleine can be justified-given the scale of sexual exploitation of children & child erotica
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
Hi didn't think much of the release of the Madeleine with make-up photograph either. From his Twitter feed.

By Mark Williams-Thomas
2nd May 2010 (posted between 09:00 - 10:00 AM)

* On the eve of Madeleine's disappearance I agree with the release of a new photo but question the appropriateness of the photo chosen

* Have not yet seen the new Madeleine video but the photograph is so inappropriate & damaging on so many levels-ill advised again

* Am trying to find out now who gave advise to use the make up photo- so damaging- as I know what it will become

* Re Madeleine image i have had no response so will be speaking to someone else this afternoon- will update as soon as i know

* However the new make up image of Madeleine which is highly inappropriate would not have been published without Gerry & Kate agreeing to it

* Cannot see any reason how the 2 new images of Madeleine can be justified-given the scale of sexual exploitation of children & child erotica

Gosh, weren't too impressed was he.

Highly inappropriate in his 'expert' opinion, but Kate & Gerry knew best, as ever.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:44:26 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »

**snip

An unnamed and unidentifiable family member claiming evidence that can no longer be checked and a series of non-direct quotes from MWT. Is this supposed to be evidence ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »
An unnamed and unidentifiable family member claiming evidence that can no longer be checked and a series of non-direct quotes from MWT. Is this supposed to be evidence ?

more of an indication....like the dog's alerts

stephen25000

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
and there's this............................

"Maddie's parents are INNOCENT" - Lord Stevens

http://truthformadeleine.com/2007/10/maddies-parents-are-innocent/
-----

IPCC to investigate Lord Stevens over Stephen Lawrence inquiry allegations - 9th April 2015

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/09/ipcc-to-investigate-lord-stevens-stephen-lawrence-inquiry-allegations

Offline Benice

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »
Now talk about irony.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/get-involved/miss-for-may-appeal-2015.html

This May, Missing People supporters will be giving up something they love to raise money to support those suffering the real heartache of missing someone they love.

There are loads of ways to get involved, spread the word and raise vital funds to support our work with families.

We've also created resources and materials to help you on your #MissForMay journey.
Unquote

What is 'ironical' about a fund raising appeal to support the families of missing people?   That is what the charity does.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimăo. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:57:59 PM by Eleanor »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 08:02:17 AM »
Credit where credit's due: Smiffy has the MSM's talent for churning out a 1000 words about absolutely nothing #nonewsdayagain

Offline mercury

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 02:20:05 AM »
Comparatively speaking it wan't on a par with the utter rubbish they had become familiar with and was probably quite a refreshing little break for them.

It was also publicity welcomed by a couple who were determined to keep Madeleine McCann and her plight in the public domain ... something which was the last thing on the minds of the people responsible for the misinformation being produced day and daily trying to convince that Madeleine was dead.

Their aim of promoting Madeleine's case was met and her parents would be happy with that ... but it is worth noting that the programme which people were told was being made was not the one broadcast ... and not everyone was content with that ... nor should they have been.

Other McCann family members were less happy. John, Gerry's brother, whose interview was broadcast, said: 'It wasn't the programme that I was told they were going to make. They've made something very different, and I am disappointed, because I'd hoped the full story was going to be told. Nevertheless I'm pleased they interviewed Jane Tanner. She said she saw Madeleine being abducted, and we want people to remember that.'
end quote
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2007/nov/25/bbc

Why would the bbc make a documentary that was detrimental in any way to the family of a missung child?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
Why would the bbc make a documentary that was detrimental in any way to the family of a missung child?

I do not understand the point you are trying to make ... are you sure you have directed your query to the correct poster.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....